• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Gordon - Does he play this year and how much

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a non-believer - I'd offer a dime and a dirty dish rag. .... :D
But in all honesty, with the state of your WR group - Sammy and Harold are probably right. Looks like you have nothing to lose and perhaps something to gain.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sam Sportboy @The Foot
Watch Gronk unretire after preseason and hose the both of you.

What is a healthy Gronk worth these days?

I would think he would be in the Hunter Henry tier, but I would probably rather have Henry even if I knew Gronk would play 16 games. And obviously he is not.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is a healthy Gronk worth these days?

I would think he would be in the Hunter Henry tier, but I would probably rather have Henry even if I knew Gronk would play 16 games. And obviously he is not.

From what I've seen and read, he needs to pack on some poundage.

Given his history, a skinny Gronk is not someone I'd take a shot at.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a non-believer - I'd offer a dime and a dirty dish rag. .... :D
Way more than I would give up. If you paid me $50, I might bid $1 on him... if I was really drunk.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually had gordon targeted as my WR3 in draft tonight, but took 3 WR in 1st 3 rounds, so had to get RBs when gordon went off the board

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopkins-Julio-Thielen?

Actually better than that, imo

14tm league, went Thomas Hill Cooks to start the draft - all in my top 12.

When I took cooks, I was planning on going josh Jacobs/Chris Carson (I have an alteration fetish) but Jacobs went right before me

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of this morning, Josh Gordon has ridiculously jumped to an ECR of 74 (6th round) and is the 30th WR off the board.

Just a reminder that as well as he did play in 2018 after not playing for a while, it was initially reported that he was voluntarily "stepping away" in mid-December (before the regular season ended). Later the same day, his "voluntary" decision was in question as it leaked that he was about to face multiple violations.

I doubt he makes it to the bye week.

My advice: draft him! Please. Destroy your fantasy team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of this morning, Josh Gordon has ridiculously jumped to an ECR of 74 (6th round) and is the 30th WR off the board.

Just a reminder that as well as he did play in 2018 after not playing for a while, it was initially reported that he was voluntarily "stepping away" in mid-December (before the regular season ended). Later the same day, his "voluntary" decision was in question as it leaked that he was about to face multiple violations.

Couldn’t agree more Joe.

That price is way to high.

Best case he probably lives up to ADP.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, he's still a lotto ticket IMO and you don't get lotto tickets in the 5th/6th round. That said, in my main league I have 2 picks in the 5th/6th and 7th rounds so I can see him ending up on that team if all goes well in the first 5 rounds.

EDIT: Just so you don't think I'm being bat shit crazy, we keep 2 in that league so the 5th round is yer 7th player.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6th is probably too high (I'd be fine late 7th into the 8th) but at that round, he's still not gonna kill your team. By the 6th round, you should already have at least 2 good RBs and 2 good WRs anyway. So depending on your league rules, you're ideally picking WR3/Flex types in that area of the draft anyway. No singular WR3/Flex is going to sink or win your league. There's other players still available in those rounds that have better upside but it's no different than picking some other player that busts over them. Pretty much the only way you kill your team is if you screw up in the top 3 or 4 picks by either reaching too high for a guy and/or taking on abundant risk.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love to play Lotto! :pound::pound::pound:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th is probably too high (I'd be fine late 7th into the 8th) but at that round, he's still not gonna kill your team. By the 6th round, you should already have at least 2 good RBs and 2 good WRs anyway.

Sorry but I don't buy into that theory.
Half of the top 12 RB and WR that are drafted in August won't even finish in the top 12 in December.
This is a fact.
There's an inherent risk with top draft picks already.
No way I'd be throwing darts and taking chances in the 6th round before all of my starters are secured.
Chances should be taken late in the draft, not in the single-digit rounds IMO.
Looking at ECR and some of the names available in the 6th round, Gordon shouldn't even be in that range for consideration.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots placed Josh Gordon on the active/NFI list.

Gordon has been reinstated, but the Patriots are putting him on the NFI list for the short-term while they make roster moves and get him acclimated with the team again. This shouldn't affect his Week 1 status. Last year, Gordon reached weekly WR2 status, but he remains a boom-or-bust fantasy asset.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but I don't buy into that theory.
Half of the top 12 RB and WR that are drafted in August won't even finish in the top 12 in December.
This is a fact.
There's an inherent risk with top draft picks already.
No way I'd be throwing darts and taking chances in the 6th round before all of my starters are secured.
Chances should be taken late in the draft, not in the single-digit rounds IMO.
Looking at ECR and some of the names available in the 6th round, Gordon shouldn't even be in that range for consideration.

He's not a dart throw though. When he plays, he performs. You know you're getting pts from him. The pace he had for Pats last year would have had him near WR1 totals. Even with his current ADP, there aren't many WRs you can say about that. The risk is you know he has a history of getting suspended or missing time. The situation is no different than drafting a player with a known injury history. You know the risk a player carries, but those points will help you win in a week to week match up, which fantasy is.

And the fact that half the RBs/WRs drafted won't finish in the top 12 isn't really proof that you shouldn't be taking risks on guys like him in spots like the 7th round. It's proof that fantasy is crapshoot and that you're going to have to be attentive to your roster the entire year via waivers. Even if you draft "well", you're still going to have to do some kind of roster management. For that reason, you shouldn't be totally married to the idea that you have to nail your draft beyond the first 3 to 4 rounds (in my experience, this is where you lose. If you whiff on these picks or these guys get hurt, you're basically done). Sure, you could draft a guy in the 6th, 7th, 10th, 13th round and he'll be top 5 at his position at the end of the year, but you just got lucky. Because the guy that went undrafted who was picked up on waivers in week 2 could do just the same. It happens every year.

So bringing it back to a player like Gordon, you're not going to sink your team drafting him in that spot because no player in those spots will typically sink a team. You'd just plug in someone else you drafted or make a pick up on the wire. I mean if Jarvis Landry or Calvin Ridley (two players near his ADP) got injured and missed the season, would you say it killed your team? No, no one would say that. This is no different. Now if you fill your team with players that carry risks like Gordon, sure, you'd have a problem. But carrying a singular player like that is never going to be the reason you lost.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Gordon just went undrafted in my 14 team work league

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a dart throw though. When he plays, he performs. You know you're getting pts from him. The pace he had for Pats last year would have had him near WR1 totals. Even with his current ADP, there aren't many WRs you can say about that. The risk is you know he has a history of getting suspended or missing time. The situation is no different than drafting a player with a known injury history. You know the risk a player carries, but those points will help you win in a week to week match up, which fantasy is.

And the fact that half the RBs/WRs drafted won't finish in the top 12 isn't really proof that you shouldn't be taking risks on guys like him in spots like the 7th round. It's proof that fantasy is crapshoot and that you're going to have to be attentive to your roster the entire year via waivers. Even if you draft "well", you're still going to have to do some kind of roster management. For that reason, you shouldn't be totally married to the idea that you have to nail your draft beyond the first 3 to 4 rounds (in my experience, this is where you lose. If you whiff on these picks or these guys get hurt, you're basically done). Sure, you could draft a guy in the 6th, 7th, 10th, 13th round and he'll be top 5 at his position at the end of the year, but you just got lucky. Because the guy that went undrafted who was picked up on waivers in week 2 could do just the same. It happens every year.

So bringing it back to a player like Gordon, you're not going to sink your team drafting him in that spot because no player in those spots will typically sink a team. You'd just plug in someone else you drafted or make a pick up on the wire. I mean if Jarvis Landry or Calvin Ridley (two players near his ADP) got injured and missed the season, would you say it killed your team? No, no one would say that. This is no different. Now if you fill your team with players that carry risks like Gordon, sure, you'd have a problem. But carrying a singular player like that is never going to be the reason you lost.
All good points.
But I'm not buying.
Most ignore or don't care to know that he suddenly walked away in December (when most fantasy league's were wrapping up the playoffs). He's a toke away from a permanent ban.
He's a risk and unstable.