• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Josh Brent chances of making roster?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that the experts think that he is only a 3-4 lineman? I dont know if I agree with that. I also dont get why they think Hayden is so great? He generates ZERO pass rush. I honestly dont know if Brent can make it. I do know that I am sort of excited to see if these new guys can play and how long it takes for someone to replace Hayden. Supposedly Melton looks 100 percent. If a couple of these Rooks can explode on the scene this defense could be much better than last season. If the Defense was average I could see the Cowboys winning 9 to 10 games

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brent has the skill level (or at least had) to be a very good 1 Tech in this defense. He not only can play the run, but could also get upfield more than a guy like Hayden does and collapse the pocket a little. Whomever said he only fit a 3-4 is off base. The bigger question with Brent is how he does after the layoff and whether or not you can bring him back to this team after what happened.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think Brent will be back Jerry has never wavered in his support of him. The key will be his conditioning and the guaranteed suspension by Herr Goodell. I am going to speculate that it will be 8 games based on Goodell's get tough when its easy mentality.

Jerry will get mobbed in the media for bringing Brent back and Honestly I don't think he will make much impact until next season after being away so long. I hope I am wrong about.

I hope Josh Brent has learned from a very hard painful lesson and will move on in his life so that it can be productive regardless if he ever plays football again. Jerry Brown's memory deserves nothing less!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying causing a death while DE I isn't bad. It was a horrible decision that brought a horrible outcome with it, but Ray Rice only got 2 game for beating his wife uncautious. Maybe he doesn't get that bad of a suspension. Of course we know if Mara gets involved Brent may get 2 years.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying causing a death while DE I isn't bad. It was a horrible decision that brought a horrible outcome with it, but Ray Rice only got 2 game for beating his wife uncautious. Maybe he doesn't get that bad of a suspension. Of course we know if Mara gets involved Brent may get 2 years.

never know what your going to get with Herr Goodell.

Not the worst Commissioner in Sports just the worst the NFL has had

And I hope Mara's private jet leaves him stranded penniless in Chester Nebraska after he loses everything in a Bernie Madoff Ponzi type scheme WPOS that he is .

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his making the team falls solely on his on field performance and nothing else, if he's in shape, I'd say 100%

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gets the spotlight off of Joe Randle.

They showed Brent running around on the field yesterday. Looks like the stay-puff marshmellow man. Garrett is right, dude needs to lose more weight before he is close to game shape.

Last edited by a moderator:

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They showed Brent running around on the field yesterday. Looks like the stay-puff marshmellow man. Garrett is right, dude needs to lose more weight before he is close to game shape.

He's got a couple of weeks to drop the poundage. But right now he's nothing better than the 4th or 5th best tackle in the rotation anyway. If they can get 10-12 productive snaps out of him... he's an asset.

Not pinning playoff hopes on him. He just needs to contribute and not be an embarrassment.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a couple of weeks to drop the poundage. But right now he's nothing better than the 4th or 5th best tackle in the rotation anyway. If they can get 10-12 productive snaps out of him... he's an asset.

Not pinning playoff hopes on him. He just needs to contribute and not be an embarrassment.

If they can run the ball against the Giants anything close to what Seattle just did to them the defense won't be on the field much in 2 weeks anyway.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He needs to go on the biggest loser. Unbelievable that a guy who knew he was going to be reinstated would come in looking like that. It's not like his fat ass couldn't afford a gym membership or a pair of jogging shoes:L

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to go on the biggest loser. Unbelievable that a guy who knew he was going to be reinstated would come in looking like that. It's not like his fat ass couldn't afford a gym membership or a pair of jogging shoes:L

The reality is that anyone expecting him to jump in and contribute immediately isn't being realistic. He was average before the wreck although showing signs of potential. He's got to get back to that level first.