• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jordan Love

Packerpro 99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for Love's contract. Not sure if he deserves top QB money yet after a half season of outstanding play. Maybe 45 million a year vs 55 million.

Hope they get it done fast though.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for Love's contract. Not sure if he deserves top QB money yet after a half season of outstanding play. Maybe 45 million a year vs 55 million.

I'd like to see a bridge "prove it" deal before we hit "elite QB" money. 2y $25M aav seems fair - that's still double his current cap hit.

Packerpro 99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a bridge "prove it" deal before we hit "elite QB" money. 2y $25M seems fair - that's still double his current cap hit.
I'm pretty sure that's what the Packers want but Love's agent wants more.

Kenny Clark was extended and that's good Zach Tom is back from injury.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They will reach a deal fair to both sides soon imo. Too much young talent on this team to let the qb sit.

Plus fuck the Bears.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing they're going to pay him. The biggest reason is the QB market just gets more expensive by the year and if they don't it'll be worse later. 2 year won't happen. I'm guessing they'll do a 5 years 250mil and at this point the guaranteed money is what they're haggling.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I would assume at least one of you is a fellow co-owner and believe we should keep this in-house amongst ourselves. Let's not alert the media about ongoing negotiations with our franchise qb.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I would assume at least one of you is a fellow co-owner and believe we should keep this in-house amongst ourselves. Let's not alert the media about ongoing negotiations with our franchise qb.

This is where my apprehension of the contract lies. Is he a franchise QB??? He's had one season of evidence and the results were a mixed bag. Giving him "franchise QB" money is risky; he still might not be "that guy" and giving him that money could handcuff the franchise for a long time. Not giving him "franchise QB" money is also risky; because if you don't give him the cash and he is "that guy", he could get salty and dart ASAP - leaving GB with essentially nothing at the most important position. There's gotta be some "middle ground" in this contract that includes "outs" and "escalators" to cover both ends.