• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Clayton: I smell a Peyton Retirement

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I just heard an interview on BSPN Radio with John Clayton and he says he thinks Peyton is going to retire. He's even more sure Peyton will not be a Colt at the March 28th deadline when he gets 28 million.

I found this random article on it too:

Rumor: Peyton Manning To Retire? | Indianapolis Colts

It looks like we’ve seen the last of Peyton Manning. Earlier today, a report came out saying that Manning was struggling to regain arm strength. Although this tweet isn’t exactly rock solid, John Clayton knows what he’s talking about. If Manning is struggling this much in rehab, retirement is the best option.

Manning has made millions upon millions of dollars. He’s won a Super Bowl. He has nothing left to prove in the NFL. Why risk a permanent debilitating injury when it’s not necessary? The media back and forth with Colts owner Jim Irsay seemed to spell the end for Manning in Indianapolis.

Of course, this could change. Likely does not equal certainty. Manning could improve in time to be ready for next season. I just don’t see the point. Retire now and retire gracefully. No need to become the next Brett Favre.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neck injuries are tough, hopefully it doesn't affect him too much outside of football

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He had a great career and he got his ring its time to call it quits and spend time with the family i think he will get into coaching...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The days of the Peyton Manning Colts are almost over....

The era of Luck comences!!!!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually John Clayton is spot on. I don't really care for the guy, but if it's coming from him then i believe it. That would really suck!!

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton should retire. He's had a wonderful career and he did get his ring. He needs to think about his health outside of football. Colts are rebuilding and they start with Andrew Luck.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Peyton should retire. He's had a wonderful career and he did get his ring. He needs to think about his health outside of football. Colts are rebuilding and they start with Andrew Luck.

agree, if he won't get back to near 100%, don't risk it. IF he can't throw like he used to, then he'll start to "downgrade" his legacy.

but its easy for us fans to say, we don't know the intensity and confidence these guys have. its like most of us in our own jobs, we THINK we're damn good at it whether we actually are or not?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning's latest interview leads me to believe he thinks he's playing still.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i doubt it's about 28 mil. there were doubts he'd see it if his arm wasn't a question mark. he obviously doesn't want to be forced into retirement. he's had a hall of fame career but i bet he still feals like he has unfinished business.