• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Beck's first start as a Redskin

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not bad. Bot great, but he's on the Redskins. They don't have a lot of offensive talent...

I was watching this guy & thinking, "Wow, he has a really quick release and puts a lot of zip on his passes." But he wans't extremely accurate.
Sometimes I watch Alex Smith & think the exact opposite (in the games he's accurate).

Side note: Adam Carriker's playing pretty well this season.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not bad. Bot great, but he's on the Redskins. They don't have a lot of offensive talent...

I was watching this guy & thinking, "Wow, he has a really quick release and puts a lot of zip on his passes." But he wans't extremely accurate.
Sometimes I watch Alex Smith & think the exact opposite (in the games he's accurate).

Side note: Adam Carriker's playing pretty well this season.

Exactly why I was asking people last week to give Beck a chance before putting him off as a worse QB than Smith. During the preseason he made some eye opener throws (just as you described), but I guess Grossman was more of a leader and got the job.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Gotta tell you, I watched almost all of that game, and I was shocked that Beck even completed 50% of his passes. He was all over the place, and his numbers don't come close to reflecting his performance IMO. He made some improvisational moves, including the rushing TD, and he did get the ball out fairly quickly at times, but for every pass that was on target, one or two would be awful.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree, X. Right now, it appears, the 'Skins are rebuilding rather than transitioning.

Yeah, maybe that Dallas lost was the turning point? but they don't look as nearly as good as they did when the season began...

still enough time to turn it around but it won't happen against us. Going to WSH, i expect a win more now than before.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, maybe that Dallas lost was the turning point? but they don't look as nearly as good as they did when the season began...

still enough time to turn it around but it won't happen against us. Going to WSH, i expect a win more now than before.

Without ignoring the possibility of losing, I agree, I now see WSH as a winnable game - even in their house.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I kind of agree, X. Right now, it appears, the 'Skins are rebuilding rather than transitioning.

They've kind of been in limbo for a decade now. Their upper management has been as bad as the Niners' was for a long time. Trading for McNabb = Big time fail.