• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Philbin fired Campbell interim coach

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move will solve nothing because Philbin was not the problem - if Coyle is still around this solves and changes nothing at all - expect more of the same as long as he is around

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move will solve nothing because Philbin was not the problem - if Coyle is still around this solves and changes nothing at all - expect more of the same as long as he is around
I do agree that Coyle should go and he probably will....but at the same time I heard that he was asked to fire Coyle and he declined.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Cambell said practice like you play...being a former player he can get dirty with these guys as he's only asking them to do what he's done himself.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Campbell was primarily a blocking TE in the NFL although he made plays in the passing game. He was a part of a couple of Superbowls. He was the starting TE on his rookie year with the Giants when they won it all with Parcells. He also got a Superbowl ring with the Saints under Sean Payton's leadership (although he had a MCL tear that year & was on IR) He played 11 years in the league. I think he will not only relate to the players but his promotion could lead to a more aggressive team on Sundays. He's going to expect physical blocking. He played that way. The Fins needed a change & he seems to be a good pick for the interim coaching job.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I expect the Dolphins to play better the rest of the way(which really isn't saying a whole lot-lol), it would almost take Miami to go probably 8-4 for Campbell to stay the head coach.....I really can't see that happening with 2 games left with the Pats, 1 game in New York,1 in Buffalo. I'm pretty sure Miami will be looking for yet another head coach come the offseason. Hopefully, Ross does something with the front office as well, because its literally a joke. Paolo-Philbin might not have ENTIRELY been the problem in Miami, but he did this team NO FAVORS whatsoever. Had he fired Coyle last season(which would have been the right thing to do), perhaps he's still have his job. Philbin failed this team as much as anyone....so, no-firing Philbin isn't going to fix this team in the immediate future. I think Ross really needs to see this team play with a little fire before he comes to any conclusions about which players need to stay and which need to go. Unfortunately, Philbin had a very hard time getting his team to do that. It will be very interesting to see how they play in the coming weeks.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One done, one or two more to go.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One done, one or two more to go.
Coyle is done, book it. As for Lazor, I'm pretty sure several individuals within the Dolphins organization(as well as knowledgeable people OUTSIDE as well) have advised Campbell that Lazor is an 'up and coming' coach in the league. I think Lazor gets the rest of this year to prove his worth. I would be absolutely stunned if somehow Coyle gets to hang around, but I feel pretty confident in saying that, just as Tannebaum more than likely had everything to do with Philbin being canned, he will also not allow Coyle to keep his job either. Coyle gets his papers today in my opinion. Probably promote the linebackers/defensive line coach to DC.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that we can all agree that Coyle has to go. My only question did Philbin hold his coordinators back? If this is the case then we may have to rethink this but in Coyles case I highly doubt it as he's pissed off a lot of players. Lazor is still green it was Philbins job to keep him straight which never happened. If I'm Campbell I'd demand more balance or see you later!

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Coyle, would be surprised if he is around for Titans game, unless he is given ultimatum, shut down this team and all other teams you face, or at least have the D respectable on game to game basis. Lazor, I could see leaving in till end of year, unless the pathetic O continues, if so, he needs to go. I have a possible tough time saying that though with the crappy O line they have. With lack of any talent up front I would doubt any high powered O would be able to produce at that level??

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Coyle, would be surprised if he is around for Titans game, unless he is given ultimatum, shut down this team and all other teams you face, or at least have the D respectable on game to game basis. Lazor, I could see leaving in till end of year, unless the pathetic O continues, if so, he needs to go. I have a possible tough time saying that though with the crappy O line they have. With lack of any talent up front I would doubt any high powered O would be able to produce at that level??
My sentiments exactly. Our offensive line has GOT to be amongst the worst in the league. I am absolutely amazed NOBODY in Miami(not the coaches, certainly not our illustrious front office) put some more thought into our O-line. We could have signed Mathis, who would most certainly have been an unbelievable upgrade over whoever is playing guard now. No 'backup' plan for Albert at LT???? I mean, this team has ONLY had almost an entire year to find other options at LT in the event Albert wasn't 100%. Dallas Thomas, Douglas, Fox....Its very difficult for me to believe that our coaches really thought putting this ridiculously bad offensive line on the field would allow our offense to be productive in any way. Like I said, I expect to see guys play harder and perhaps our defense kicks it up a few notches, but this team has looked so pathetically bad so far this year! I think the entire fanbase was dooped into thinking this team was more talented than it actually is. Now, I DO think that Miami is closer than they've been in a very long time.....I would say another good offensive lineman (or 2), maybe 1 solid cb, and possibly a stud linebacker. Oh, not to mention bringing in a LEGITIMATE head coach. Unless things REALLY go Miami's way the rest of the season, I don't see us winning more than 6 games. MAYBE 7.....