• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy G. or Shanahan... Who should shoulder more of the blame?

Jimmy G. or Shanahan... Who should shoulder more of the blame?

• Jimmy G.

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Shanahan

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • They both stunk it up in the 4th and deserve equal blame

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone on the team gets part of the blame. We should honestly be impressed with how quickly San Francisco was able to put together a team like this even if they didn’t win the big one.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why I think it's both. I can argue both ways.
I can 97% be convinced it's shabby fault. And I can be 97.8 % convinced it's jimmys.

True. It was a total team collapse in the 4thQ

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Like Joe Flacco, just because you were made to overpay for your QB, doesn't mean there's a better option.
that and hes essentially on 1 year deals each year, they can opt out

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that and hes essentially on 1 year deals each year, they can opt out

I didn't know that. That sounds pretty ideal. That's like old school Niners with Bill Walsh getting rid of any player who shows decline.

giphy.gif

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that. That sounds pretty ideal. That's like old school Niners with Bill Walsh getting rid of any player who shows decline.

giphy.gif
yeah, his deal was kinda a bet on himself deal too, he got paid. But hes essentially on team options every year for like 27 million. Look at his dead cap hit if they cut him, its nothing

upload_2020-2-4_19-34-47.png

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, his deal was kinda a bet on himself deal too, he got paid. But hes essentially on team options every year for like 27 million. Look at his dead cap hit if they cut him, its nothing

View attachment 231759

That's a great thing for us. We shouldn't fear complacency or lack of motivation from him. He has to keep pushing himself or else we cut his ass. I had this impression that it was like a marriage and the Niners were stuck with him. I think that's the case with the Rams and Goff. Paraag Marathe, the Niners' cap guy, really is a genius.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great thing for us. We shouldn't fear complacency or lack of motivation from him. He has to keep pushing himself or else we cut his ass. I had this impression that it was like a marriage and the Niners were stuck with him. I think that's the case with the Rams and Goff. Paraag Marathe, the Niners' cap guy, really is a genius.
to an extent they still are stuck with him. His price is reasonable, and his numbers "appear" good. After just going to a superbowl. Bringing a rookie, or just about an FA over a guy in his late 20's is gonna send the fanbase into oblivion. If he totally faceplants next year, then yeah i think they can move on. But with the likely window the 49'ers have, your gonna be stuck with jimmy.

We all know windows are small. Sans the patriots, you have a few year window at MOST. All that D talent, guys are gonna need paid, quality depth wont be resigned, sherm isnt a spring chicken....1-3 pieces missing can change that whole D. They can still be GOOD, but superbowl winning without some other help? maybe.....look at the jags a few years back.....We've see the Ravens D, steelers D, others rise, but fall.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe. But when you get down to 2 or 3 plays being a run versus a pass, I think you are splitting hairs.

The Chiefs scored 10 points in the first 3 quarters. They scored 21 in the 4th. That's what it really boils down to.

Yes and over looking the fact that the Chiefs offense went up tempo in the 4th and the 49ers offense had quick drives that didn't take much time off the clock or give the defense rest against an elite offense is over looking a lot. Yes they scored 21 points but a lot goes into how that happened.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and over looking the fact that the Chiefs offense went up tempo in the 4th and the 49ers offense had quick drives that didn't take much time off the clock or give the defense rest against an elite offense is over looking a lot. Yes they scored 21 points but a lot goes into how that happened.

Sure. But regardless the 21 points is on the Niners defense, not Shanahan and not JG.

Fans ALWAYS overstate the importance of playcalling because it is the great whatif. They usually don't know why teams do what they do.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to an extent they still are stuck with him. His price is reasonable, and his numbers "appear" good. After just going to a superbowl. Bringing a rookie, or just about an FA over a guy in his late 20's is gonna send the fanbase into oblivion. If he totally faceplants next year, then yeah i think they can move on. But with the likely window the 49'ers have, your gonna be stuck with jimmy.

We all know windows are small. Sans the patriots, you have a few year window at MOST. All that D talent, guys are gonna need paid, quality depth wont be resigned, sherm isnt a spring chicken....1-3 pieces missing can change that whole D. They can still be GOOD, but superbowl winning without some other help? maybe.....look at the jags a few years back.....We've see the Ravens D, steelers D, others rise, but fall.

Seems like most don't think his price is reasonable. I kinda agree with you. I know his price is high, but as years go by and other QB's sign contracts, the price will probably look better and better assuming he continues to perform.

His numbers are good, but he does have good help. However, almost every QB needs a good team around him to look good. At the end of the day, all that matters is if a player gives good results, and Jimmy G did give good results this season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like most don't think his price is reasonable. I kinda agree with you. I know his price is high, but as years go by and other QB's sign contracts, the price will probably look better and better assuming he continues to perform.

His numbers are good, but he does have good help. However, almost every QB needs a good team around him to look good. At the end of the day, all that matters is if a player gives good results, and Jimmy G did give good results this season.
He did. I just think his numbers are inflated mightily. Like his first half super bowl numbers he through for 16 yards downfield, but had 89 passing yards. And a great completion percentage. And a good qb rating. But his coach didn't trust him. I guess to me , sometimes the numbers lie.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did. I just think his numbers are inflated mightily. Like his first half super bowl numbers he through for 16 yards downfield, but had 89 passing yards. And a great completion percentage. And a good qb rating. But his coach didn't trust him. I guess to me , sometimes the numbers lie.

Statistics don't tell the whole story and small sample sizes are the worst. Anyone can look bad or great in a quarter, in a game, or in a few games. That's why I like to look at the numbers over a long period of time. They show that Jimmy is performing at a good level, and that's really all you can for from a QB. You're lucky if you have a great QB.

Jimmy does have a good team around him, and there are probably many QB's who are capable of putting up good numbers in today's NFL. Really all QB's numbers are inflated these days.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistics don't tell the whole story and small sample sizes are the worst. Anyone can look bad or great in a quarter, in a game, or in a few games. That's why I like to look at the numbers over a long period of time. They show that Jimmy is performing at a good level, and that's really all you can for from a QB. You're lucky if you have a great QB.

Jimmy does have a good team around him, and there are probably many QB's who are capable of putting up good numbers in today's NFL. Really all QB's numbers are inflated these days.
My point is his stats are flawed from
The whole Season imho. He's a flawed game Manager who largely relies on others for his stats. My example
Of the Super Bowl was one instance. He had one good game , against a good team. And some good games against zona.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is his stats are flawed from
The whole Season imho. He's a flawed game Manager who largely relies on others for his stats. My example
Of the Super Bowl was one instance. He had one good game , against a good team. And some good games against zona.

All statistics can be flawed, not just Jimmy G's, but it's mostly what people have to rely on unless you work in professional football and have the required tapes, information and knowledge of every player and team. Regular fans like us are really just getting limited windows or views into the NFL world.

By objective standards, Jimmy G has performed well this season. By subjective standards, someone could say he only had a few good games, but objective standards show he had many good games. He had 10 of 19 games this season where he exceeded 100 passer rating. Regular season it was 9 of 16 games. That's just getting it done at a level that is at least good.

By comparison, Mahomes had 9 of 17 games where he exceeded 100 passer rating. Russell Wilson was 11 of 18 games. Aaron Rodgers had 5 of 18 games. Lamar Jackson 9 of 16 games. Drew Brees 8 of 12 games. Those QBs have pretty good teammates around them, too, except for maybe Russell Wilson, LOL, which is why Russell Wilson may be the best QB in the league. Russell Wilson is arguably the best player in the NFL since he entered the league in 2012.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All statistics can be flawed, not just Jimmy G's, but it's mostly what people have to rely on unless you work in professional football and have the required tapes, information and knowledge of every player and team. Regular fans like us are really just getting limited windows or views into the NFL world.

By objective standards, Jimmy G has performed well this season. By subjective standards, someone could say he only had a few good games, but objective standards show he had many good games. He had 10 of 19 games this season where he exceeded 100 passer rating. Regular season it was 9 of 16 games. That's just getting it done at a level that is at least good.

By comparison, Mahomes had 9 of 17 games where he exceeded 100 passer rating. Russell Wilson was 11 of 18 games. Aaron Rodgers had 5 of 18 games. Lamar Jackson 9 of 16 games. Drew Brees 8 of 12 games. Those QBs have pretty good teammates around them, too, except for maybe Russell Wilson, LOL, which is why Russell Wilson may be the best QB in the league. Russell Wilson is arguably the best player in the NFL since he entered the league in 2012.
Very good points . I can't disagree. I admit I have an opinion here.

fwiw Russ's stats were so inflated by just start to the year check his stats like week 8 or 9 on BLAH. But he was soooo good early his whole season looked great

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good points . I can't disagree. I admit I have an opinion here.

fwiw Russ's stats were so inflated by just start to the year check his stats like week 8 or 9 on BLAH. But he was soooo good early his whole season looked great

Russ has been so consistently great since he entered the NFL that I always give him the benefit of the doubt. I think injuries took their toll on Seattle as the season went along and I don't know if he's ever had a good offensive line.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ has been so consistently great since he entered the NFL that I always give him the benefit of the doubt. I think injuries took their toll on Seattle as the season went along and I don't know if he's ever had a good offensive line.
He hasn't. He has been great. I still think something is up. I've read things that say he doesn't see the field as great as we think. Also what team has a stud franchise qb, and consistently
Takes the ball out of his hands, and doesn't build around him? Makes me
Wonder.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't. He has been great. I still think something is up. I've read things that say he doesn't see the field as great as we think. Also what team has a stud franchise qb, and consistently
Takes the ball out of his hands, and doesn't build around him? Makes me
Wonder.

Carroll loves the run game and is very conservative.

One day we'll find out that Russ is actually blind, and then there will be no doubt that he is the GOAT!!!!!!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll loves the run game and is very conservative.

One day we'll find out that Russ is actually blind, and then there will be no doubt that he is the GOAT!!!!!!
Ha we may. But for god sake if he's as good as everyone thinks. Then carrol is a terrible coach. #freeruss