• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Mora Jr comment

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No one can justify Harbaugh's actions but him and maybe Greg Roman, but why are we ripping on Jim Mora Jr for questioning Harbaugh's madness if we don't have an answer ourselves for it?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mora said delanie walker was a reliable pass catcher after his first drop. that there sums up how much mora knows...

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think he meant too much by that comment. You have to admit that play calling was kind of weird. But at the time I felt it was an opportunity to get some work in, and we probably don't do that in a regular non-lockout year. Next year with the system in place that would stick out a lot more. It wasn't about scoring, as much as trying to start turning the momentum around in small steps for the long run.

When Singletary tried this stuff it was comical. I notice everything that Harbaugh has done similarly to Singletary actually tends to work. That's the function of trying to get a system up and running that actually works.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one can justify Harbaugh's actions but him and maybe Greg Roman, but why are we ripping on Jim Mora Jr for questioning Harbaugh's madness if we don't have an answer ourselves for it?

Because if we do it on this board (which I'm not sure we would have without this comment), we're not doing it for self aggrandizement in the public eye when we are truly in fact bitter about not getting the San Fran HC gig and being tossed out of the NFL for being completely impotent as a HC. Pretty sure if Harbaugh gave a fuck he'd punch Mora Jr in the MOUF.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OK... Here is my theory...The Niners are down 20-3 and the game is about to go to half time... Harbaugh needs to send a message to his team that he has not given up and neither should they and keep the eagles guessing... Making them run a couple of plays with seconds to go drives that message through... The Eagles were content on heading to the locker room and was forced to come back on the field to defend the last remaining seconds of the first half... The Eagles' players body language shows annoyance in having to play meaningless seconds... Psychological warfare to keep the Eagles off balance and catch them off guard by making the Niners look desperate...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is cold-blooded in my opinion. This man is about as mentally tough and intense a competitor as there is. I have been nothing but impressed by him and his handling of this team. The team responds differently to him then to Sing because they KNOW he has a system in place that is complex and steady in it's relentlessness without the predictability that Sing's "hit em in the mouf" offense possessed. His timeout call with 1 second left was puzzling at the time but his message was clear IMO. He was telling his team that HE is not quitting on this game despite the lopsided score and he expected his guys to stay the course and execute the gameplan regardless. The niners came out in the third quarter and did exactly that. Like FOUR said, there was definitely some psychological warfare going on, complete with the playcall. The Eagles are a finesse team and we went ahead and ran the ball with one second left, forcing them to defend the run, something they a) don't do well and b) ddin't have the personnel in to do.

I heart Harbaugh and he gives these guys something REAL to believe in. This team lost a heartbreaker to the Cowboys then went cross country and won gritty come from behind games against both the Bengals and Eagles. This team is definitely on the up and up. I'm excited if you can't already tell.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh is cold-blooded in my opinion. This man is about as mentally tough and intense a competitor as there is. I have been nothing but impressed by him and his handling of this team. The team responds differently to him then to Sing because they KNOW he has a system in place that is complex and steady in it's relentlessness without the predictability that Sing's "hit em in the mouf" offense possessed. His timeout call with 1 second left was puzzling at the time but his message was clear IMO. He was telling his team that HE is not quitting on this game despite the lopsided score and he expected his guys to stay the course and execute the gameplan regardless. The niners came out in the third quarter and did exactly that. Like FOUR said, there was definitely some psychological warfare going on, complete with the playcall. The Eagles are a finesse team and we went ahead and ran the ball with one second left, forcing them to defend the run, something they a) don't do well and b) ddin't have the personnel in to do.

I heart Harbaugh and he gives these guys something REAL to believe in. This team lost a heartbreaker to the Cowboys then went cross country and won gritty come from behind games against both the Bengals and Eagles. This team is definitely on the up and up. I'm excited if you can't already tell.

That is a very good point. Every minimal advantage that he can get, he will get. Running those plays at the end gives our offensive line one or two more chances to beat up on their small d-line. If we were going to come back, that was a weakness that would have to be exploited.

Those plays weren't the ones that tired them out, but still adds a little to the overall pounding they'll take over the game. So when Jim Mora was saying that's the time when you get players hurt, that's actually a reason why Harbaugh did it.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well Mora was on KNBR this morning and he said he didnt remember the comments. Im sure he heard it from other people but when he was on with Gary he said he didnt remember??

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I play baseball I step out of the plate to get the pitcher out of sync. Or if he is annoying me I will do the same. It's a head game. Maybe Harbaugh was just playing a mind game with both teams. Letting the Niners guys know that you have to play every second...and at the same time making the Eagles all stop and come back to the sidelines. Not that it is a big thing, but maybe just a little mind games.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I said this before, but I really think too much has been made out of Mora's comments. The words are one thing, but the way he said it was another. He's wasn't attacking Harbaugh in my mind. He was just baffled by the weirdness of that whole sequence. If we had lost the game, this would have been something the media would really focus in on. Harbaugh doesn't care at all what will be said and he'll do this stuff as he pleases.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i wouldn't have chosen Mora's words but i have to say i was scratching my head too and we looked lost out there during the final seconds to the half...