• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Mora Jr comment

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"Maybe this can work in college but not the pros" Come on man, that was a low blow, but thats coming from a guy who was booted out of the ATL and only fired 1 year after he took over in Seattle.
Harbaugh will be better than him and his pops when its all said and done.

What are your thoughts on that comment?

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have not been able to see the game and I have not heard the comment or what context it was in but if he was refering to Harbs then he is still bitter that we did not offer him the HC job when he was here as a DC.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"Maybe this can work in college but not the pros" Come on man, that was a low blow, but thats coming from a guy who was booted out of the ATL and only fired 1 year after he took over in Seattle.

What are your thoughts on that comment?[/QUOTE]

I agree with him. Harbaugh looked lost at that time. And, if it is true according to the Chronicle, that Harbaugh's halftime adjustments consisted of him telling the team "We just have to play a little harder" then I am worried. That sounds down right Singletary-esque. I believe he only opened up the offense in the second half because he had no other choice and thus kind of walked into this win through no particular plan of his.

I do hope he learned from this that if you open up the offense, more opportunities will present themselves.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I agree with him. Harbaugh looked lost at that time. And, if it is true according to the Chronicle, that Harbaugh's halftime adjustments consisted of him telling the team "We just have to play a little harder" then I am worried. That sounds down right Singletary-esque. I believe he only opened up the offense in the second half because he had no other choice and thus kind of walked into this win through no particular plan of his.

I do hope he learned from this that if you open up the offense, more opportunities will present themselves.

Exactly, open it up and lets get all the guys in there.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

What are your thoughts on that comment?

What is the context of this comment?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one stops to think maybe running those plays and calling that time out were on purpose to send a message to the team before half-time? Harbaugh seem to be telling his players there was still time left on the clock and they were going to keep playing. I don't think he wanted to send the message it was ok we will wait for the 2nd half by taking a knee.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The context was right before half time Harbaugh kept running short yardage plays and called a time-out instead of just taking the game to half. The plays did not result in any points and the announcers were negatively commenting that doing that is a good way to get your players hurt for no reason (in addition to Mora's comment).

I was scratching my head at the plays too, so I can't say I wasn't wondering what Harbaugh was thinking. However, Mora didn't have to go there with the college comment...seemed like he was just itching to bust that one out. I'm glad we came out and gave the announcers something better to talk about in the 2nd half!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The context was right before half time Harbaugh kept running short yardage plays and called a time-out instead of just taking the game to half. The plays did not result in any points and the announcers were negatively commenting that doing that is a good way to get your players hurt for no reason (in addition to Mora's comment).

I was scratching my head at the plays too, so I can't say I wasn't wondering what Harbaugh was thinking. However, Mora didn't have to go there with the college comment...seemed like he was just itching to bust that one out. I'm glad we came out and gave the announcers something better to talk about in the 2nd half!

Thanks L! I tend to tune out the announcers during the game. We are not yet good enough to get the better announcers, perhaps sometime this year.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here was the Mora comment that concerned me the most. In fact I think both announcers said that when they asked Harbs why the offense has been so weak, he had no clue. That is very scary.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was towards the end of the first half.... while I don't agree with his choice of words, I do share the "wtf" reaction of what we were doing in the finals seconds....

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are 3-1 and it really does seem like Harbaugh has changed the culture of the locker room. I don't buy this "he lucked into this win" bullshit. Harbaugh may be unconventional, but he is very calculated with everything he does, dating back to USD. I believe that he was calling timeouts as if to say "we will NOT just WAIT for halftime or for the game to come to us. We will continue to fight and not give up, regardless of score or circumstance". Bellichek did the same thing with the Pats and now finishes off teams with his foot on opposing teams' throats. Harbaugh showed this at USD, Stanford, and now with the Niners. Offensive scheme doesn't just fall out of the sky.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the harbaugh not having a clue thing my opinion is he is not disclosing anything to anyone. he is getting it done on the field and that is the only thing that matters

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
About the harbaugh not having a clue thing my opinion is he is not disclosing anything to anyone. he is getting it done on the field and that is the only thing that matters

+1

This is now my impression of how Harbaugh manages the media as well. 2-3 weeks ago I would have been quite dismayed by the comment; today, it is what I expect from him.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this. I think he just doesn't really like answering questions. They ask whats wrong with the offense... I wouldn't want to answer that shit either. I would probably say something like, "I have no clue." as well. To me this is more him blowing off the question than not really knowing whats going on.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel people who say he has no clue are just mad that he's not spelling it out for them - rather than really thinking he has no clue. When you spell it out for them, it's much easier to criticize substantively like "three yards and cloud of dust" or "hit him in the mouff". Granted, those aren't very substantive but you got him simplified. It's like they are trying to bully him by making him look clueless if he doesn't explain, when in truth, Harbaugh doesn't care.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with this. I think he just doesn't really like answering questions. They ask whats wrong with the offense... I wouldn't want to answer that shit either. I would probably say something like, "I have no clue." as well. To me this is more him blowing off the question than not really knowing whats going on.

+1

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jim Mora Jr is bitter thats all. He couldnt win the weak west win he was there for "1" year so he wants to bash a guy who made Stanford a factor in College football. Mora is bitter and he's a announcer, its funny how guys who are ex coaches that didnt do well sounds great as announcers. They would do different things of course during game time decision. Brian Billcks sounds like a genious but he couldnt build Baltimore's offense. Trent Dilfer sounds great but he was a below adverage quarterback.
I respect both of those guys, and yes Dilfer was below adverage lets me real.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We are 3-1 and it really does seem like Harbaugh has changed the culture of the locker room. I don't buy this "he lucked into this win" bullshit. Harbaugh may be unconventional, but he is very calculated with everything he does, dating back to USD. I believe that he was calling timeouts as if to say "we will NOT just WAIT for halftime or for the game to come to us. We will continue to fight and not give up, regardless of score or circumstance". Bellichek did the same thing with the Pats and now finishes off teams with his foot on opposing teams' throats. Harbaugh showed this at USD, Stanford, and now with the Niners. Offensive scheme doesn't just fall out of the sky.

He wasted about 40 seconds before he called a timeout with a couple of seconds left and then I think he called a running play. It definitely was a head scratcher.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm sure I wasn't the only one thinking at the time something like "isn't Mora's career coaching record something like 20 - 40?". Whatever it is, he's probably not the first guy I go to for NFL coaching tips. He wasn't really being a dick about it, just being honest, but he does need to rebuild some crediblity before going out and ripping coaches. Its like Millen, after the job he did in DET nobody takes anything he says seriously, it was devastating to his analyst career.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasted about 40 seconds before he called a timeout with a couple of seconds left and then I think he called a running play. It definitely was a head scratcher.

Head scratcher to us, but like I stated earlier, his track record has shown that he has a purpose to everything he does, we just may not see it. I would rather give him the benefit of the doubt given how hard this team plays for him rather then assume that he doesn't know what he's doing. He, unlike Sing, has a coaching track record to fall back on, albeit in the college game, it's a track record nonetheless.