• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim Leyland Stepping Down?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason i like gibby besides being a sparty is his fire.....someone needs to light a fire under some of these guys. This laid back "im a veteren" bs isnt working.

Scioscia larussa gibby ausmus ozzie........that order. Francona is who i really wanted. One year too late.

First, I agree that Gibby has the best attitude of anyone in baseball. There are just two problems:

1) He is under contract with AZ and I can't see Ilitch paying or trading anyone for his rights
2) Can you really see Gibby trying to deal with the casual attitude of the Tigers? You could have a problem like the Francona deal in Boston.

Knowing Ilitch & DD, they likely already have their candidate lined up already. I will take anyone except Lloyd. With him you get all the bad parts of JL and NONE of the good.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattingly is on a perpetual 1 year contract and could bolt if the right opportunity existed and I would think Detroit would the right opportunity.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattingly is on a perpetual 1 year contract and could bolt if the right opportunity existed and I would think Detroit would the right opportunity.

Certainly gives him leverage. Word out here is Mattingly won't return without a long term contract.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Donnie Baseball as a kid, but I'm not crazy about him being our skipper. He hasn't won with talent in LA.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean? He wasnt under contract so tgey could have just not resigned him.

Redseat, have fun getting destroyed in the WS. Unless the cardinals bats slump your team has no shot. Medicore starting pitching and a lineup thats shown they cant hit good pitching. Btw quit trolling first the likns site now the tigers. God, i despise trolls. Go whine some more about the cheatriots getting cheated.
If the Red Sox still had Not-My-Valentine managing them they would have finished under .500 again!

They've got a COMPETENT manager this year, which is tough luck for St Louis.

Cardinals may win the WS but it won't be easy. They're more likely to wish they still had Bob Gibson!

They barely won in '67 with him, and they are NOT better without him!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean? He wasnt under contract so tgey could have just not resigned him.

Redseat, have fun getting destroyed in the WS. Unless the cardinals bats slump your team has no shot. Medicore starting pitching and a lineup thats shown they cant hit good pitching. Btw quit trolling first the likns site now the tigers. God, i despise trolls. Go whine some more about the cheatriots getting cheated.

How is this trolling? You and Doctor Evil really need to get a life! Last time I checked I was talking about a LIONS PLAYERS and this thread is a TIGERS MANAGER... So please tell me how that's trolling

The Red Sox will struggle with the Cardinals starting pitching that's for sure AND the Cardinals bullpen is excellent so it won't be easy.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing the Red Sox took out of him was the ability to go a day with out shaving after seeing how ridiculous it looked.

True these beards are getting out of control. But I'll take it as long as they keep winning but yes they do look pretty stupid

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be honest here.. I kind of sad that Leyland has retired, but from what it looks like, he left on his own terms and wasn't forced out... With that said, I wanted his staff fired(McClendon and Lamont) for several years.. Always thought those two were bums.. People like iffy always misunderstood me and assumed I was a Leyland hater, but I wasn't..

Also I want to go hard at Joe Maddon tbh...

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will really miss him. He was our mvp in the playoffs and we would not have even got into the second round without him. Everybody criticized him for everything , like putting the boston series on him for taking scherzer out of the game. I don't think Max has ever thrown a complete game in his life.