• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets benching Sanchez, skipping over Tebow to give McElroy start

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woot fer GMAC.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're out of the playoffs, so it doesn't really matter who starts. You would think they would start Tebow just to sell tickets.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're out of the playoffs, so it doesn't really matter who starts. You would think they would start Tebow just to sell tickets.

^^This. Jest are irrelevant.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they would have started McElroy earlier, they would have made the playoffs...

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard today on sports radio that Sanchez has turned the ball over 52 times in the last 2 seasons.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, that's the last straw for Timmy: Report: Tebow will ask to be traded or released | ProFootballTalk

In a move that will surprise no one — not even the most ardent believer that Tim Tebow will absorb any and all indignities and then say he’s “excited” for more — Tebow will ask to be traded or released by the Jets if Greg McElroy starts the last two games of the season, according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

Tebow surely won’t say anything publicly. Privately, he’ll make his beliefs known.

Of course, he may not have to. Why keep a guy that you rarely use? Unless the Jets simply don’t want to have to worry about facing him in the future, they should let him go.

Tebow, we’d previously been told, picked the Jets over the Jaguars because he believed that Jets coach Rex Ryan desperately wanted Tebow on the team, and fully intended to use him. In Jacksonville, owner Shahid Khan was pro-Tebow, but the front office and coaching staff were lukewarm.

The Jets could have given the job to Tebow for the final two weeks in the hopes of building trade value. But if, as Erik Kuselias pointed out during tonight’s edition of Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports Network, Tebow had performed well in those two games, the green-and-white Tebowmaniacs may have loudly clamored for Tebow to get a crack at the starting job next season.

Carlizle810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its time for Sanchez to go

I think it was right to sit Sanchez and I think they could have done it earlier to be honest. Although I think they should have went with Tebow, I know he isn't the best but I think hes the best they got. He isnt the long term fix by any means but I think at the moment he gives them the best chance to win. I wrote on my blog about this earlier, if you want take a look.
Jets Crashing Down SportsTalkBlog
Also follow me on twitter if you would like. @EricCarlizle810

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I'm bias toward McElroy, but I do honestly believe McElroy is a better passer than Tebow. One thing Greg won't do is turn the ball over a lot. He may not be throwing long bombs for TD's, but he's efficient. Tebow is just not very good, and in the NFL his running won't cut it.

In my opinion, Sanchez has the better arm, better talent, but McElroy has the smarts, decision making.

A first down is only 10 yards guys...

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wish i could find the thread at the beginning of the season that i predicted mcelroy would get more reps than tebow. That being said the jets (and rex most of all) cant start tebow now. Because if he does succeed they look like idiots for not making the switch earlier and im sure it would cost rex his job if it isnt lost already.

Mcelroy isnt any smarter than sanchez or tebow. He gets less reps and thus less of the play book is open to him when he has been in there this year. And lets not overlook that no qb in ny was going to succeed this year behind a truly terrible O line.