• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeter

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer depends on your scoring format, league depth and other options at the position. In a shallow league, the answer would clearly be yes. In deeper formats or leagues with DL spots, you may be able to hold on.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't have a DL spot or you have one and it's full and you need a bench player then yes since he won't be back until the all-star break. But if you do drop him, keep an eye on his progress.

I'm not a Jeter fan but the one thing I have to admit, the guy can hit. His batting average has only fallen below .291 once in the past 17 years and the least amount of runs he's scored is 84. His power and speed game isn't what it used to be but he still possesses the ability to contribute a little to both.
Here's an example of Jeters worth using an example for last year.

Player A: 99 Runs, 15 HRs, 58 RBIs, 09 SBs, .316 BA (683 ABs)
Player B: 86 Runs, 11 HRs, 57 RBIs, 40 SBs, .287 BA (642 ABs)

Player A was the 38 year old Jeter. Player B was the 29 year old Jose Reyes.
With every passing birthday people downgrade Jeter, talk about his potential for decline, how his HRs & SBs keep dropping, etc.., (myself included). He will turn 39 before his return which isn't an optimal age to be taking a chance on a player, but Jeter isn't normal so if you do drop him and your current SS is helping you more than the average waiver wire pickup, keep your eye on him because he may be of some help for the final 2 months and more importantly, playoff time.