• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Stackhouse Retiring

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
logic,

No one is going to dispute that LeBron James has more physical gifts than Jerry Stackhouse. I will say that Stackhouse is more of a natural basketball player, though. While LeBron's game is all too-media driven. You would know because I remember you were one of his biggest haters back on CBS when he was with Cleveland. And of course like most others, you think you're being hip and cool by flipping sides and becoming one of his supporters once he joined Miami.:lol:

Wait, wait, wait. What makes you think I don't hate LeBron? I have never denied LeBron had talent and could understand why people would be fans. I just never liked his a a man. Came in way too arrogant without having done anything. All the sideline antics being bigger than the team on the court. He has gotten a lot better trying to recover from the black eye "The Decision" gave him. I haven't seen the silly human bowling, mock photo op, or other sideline games he used to play and he has a ring. But while I can respect his game, I'm still a hater (like I was of the '80's Celtics).

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're unhappy with your current employment - Keep your mouth shut until your contract is up, especially if you're making that kind of money. Don't make a circus out of it. The rest of us couldn't care less about your employment status.

And TLF, you seriously would have kept Shaq and Kobe together even though it was clear that couldn't co-exist as a team any longer? One of them had to go, and you made the right decision to keep the young guy.

And for the record, Stackhouse ain't a traitor. He loved Michigan and didn't want to leave. He even had a home custom-made for his family there. Dumars simply elected to move him after a poor shooting performance against the Celtics and with one year left on his contract.

That's not how it works and you know it. If a player is unhappy with his current employment, he has every right to suggest or request a trade. If the team owner grants that trade then every one is happy about it. Would you be calling Stackhouse a traitor if he had been traded for playing like crap?

The answer is no, so if your boss is making decisions like crap and you want out - you the right to request a change. That doesn't mean the owne has to do that, but chances are he will because he doesn't want a player who is not mentally on board.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, wait, wait. What makes you think I don't hate LeBron? I have never denied LeBron had talent and could understand why people would be fans. I just never liked his a a man. Came in way too arrogant without having done anything. All the sideline antics being bigger than the team on the court. He has gotten a lot better trying to recover from the black eye "The Decision" gave him. I haven't seen the silly human bowling, mock photo op, or other sideline games he used to play and he has a ring. But while I can respect his game, I'm still a hater (like I was of the '80's Celtics).

Yet most of your posts the last two years have been in support of him. While I believe your story, it is rather interesting to say the least.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not how it works and you know it. If a player is unhappy with his current employment, he has every right to suggest or request a trade. If the team owner grants that trade then every one is happy about it. Would you be calling Stackhouse a traitor if he had been traded for playing like crap?

The answer is no, so if your boss is making decisions like crap and you want out - you the right to request a change. That doesn't mean the owne has to do that, but chances are he will because he doesn't want a player who is not mentally on board.

Yet if I called out and showed up my fellow employees like that, I'd probably be fired. And I don't make the money these guys are making...

For the record, Stackhouse did play like crap in that series against Boston. He shot 33% from the field or something like that, which was well below average even for him. Hence, a major reason he was traded. Nothing to do with a lack of loyalty.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played for ATL last year. It was so weird seeing a 40 yr old running around on the court

"running" :D

At least it's not another Kobe soap opera. Believe it or not, there are some casual fans out there that see this as a bigger story than Kobe suing his mother...

Anything is a bigger story than Kobe suing his mother, who gives a crap about their personal lives. I wish ESPN would break down tape and strengths and weaknesses more than cover who said that and who is sleeping with Lebron's mom this week.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess the reason Detroit switched to teal in the mid-90's was to provide a more kid-friendly organization and to provide a more Great Lakes feel, as the Bad Boys era too much promoted bullies.

Grant Hill and Jerry Stackhouse played their prime years in a Pistons uniform, yet they get practically no appreciation from their own fans. Just because they didn't fit your team's tired Bad Boy culture doesn't mean they weren't great players. Hill was the piece that got you Ben Wallace. Stackhouse was the piece that got you Rip Hamilton. Stackhouse got you your first Playoff series win since the Bad Boys era and before Chauncey, Rip, Prince, or Rasheed arrived.

The 1999-2000 Pistons was basically Hill and Stackhouse taking turns going one-on-one, as the two avaraged close to a combined 50 points per game with practically no supporting case. Grant Hill in his younger days was a player who thrived at making others better. Even though his scoring was up that year, he wasn't as effective as a player overall.

I remember watching Game 3 of your first round matchup against the Heat that year. I was only 12 years old at the time, but it turns out I have quite a memory. Hill's ankle injury became too severe to the point he was holding the team back, so he sat out this game. I remember seeing signage in Palace stands begging him to re-sign with the team. People in Detroit hated the Hill trade at the time, yet three years later you lauded it as the greatest trade ever. Hypocrisy perhaps? I'd say so...

Of course, I was rooting for the Pistons to win the game. Miami's defense was suffocating. The game was competitive until the Heat started to pull away late in the 3rd quarter. No one on the Pistons could buy a perimeter shot this game. Stackhouse I remember made a nifty and-one to the basket with three guys on him. Knowing how cocky Pat Riley was/is, he probably told his team "If he makes that shot again, shake his hand." Stackhouse had a hard-earned 25 points that day, but no one else on Detroit was relevant enough for them to win.