• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry Jones and Michael Sam

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones would sell his own mother for the almighty dollar, and if you think this Sam move was because he fits our defensive system you're nuts. Just another way for Jerry to be in the spot light and make money off the gay community. The dollar comes before winning every year with Jones, he has his rings, gave Jimmy most of the power to get them. After getting the rings, the tyrant has come out. he now wants everything his way, even though his way sucks and never pans out. So if you can't win, the next best thing is to make more money than you could ever spend. Now their is nothing wrong with making money, but IMO this is a horrible way to do so. In the words of the great T.O, get your popcorn ready and never let a good media circus go to waste.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has there ever been consistent coverage of a practice squad player when the regular season kicks off?
Don't practice squad players come and go?

I think it's a story if and when he makes to 53...otherwise isn't this just a player transaction?

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has there ever been consistent coverage of a practice squad player when the regular season kicks off?

I think it's a story if and when he makes to 53...otherwise isn't this just a player transaction?

You actually think the media will not be asking about Sam every game? Yes its just the practice squad, and no there hasn't been a coverage of previous practice squad players, but this isn't just any regular practice squad player. Oh and given this teams injury history, how long till he reaches the active roster?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually think the media will not be asking about Sam every game? Yes its just the practice squad, and no there hasn't been a coverage of previous practice squad players, but this isn't just any regular practice squad player. Oh and given this teams injury history, how long till he reaches the active roster?

I don't think Sam becomes a story unless he's added to the 53.

I also don't think this is a sure fire step by step process where seniority rules when a spot opens on the 53. I just think it's a player transaction at this point

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Sam becomes a story unless he's added to the 53.

I also don't think this is a sure fire step by step process where seniority rules when a spot opens on the 53. I just think it's a player transaction at this point

Maybe, guess time will tell and I hope you are right. Don't get me wrong I'm no homophobe, if he could come in at some point and make a difference I'm all for it. I just do not think he is good enough to play in the NFL, and still think Jerry is wanting nothing more than the attention this will get. Some players have even tweeted no one wants the distraction and that's why Sam was not claimed sooner. We will see.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones would sell his own mother for the almighty dollar, and if you think this Sam move was because he fits our defensive system you're nuts. Just another way for Jerry to be in the spot light and make money off the gay community. The dollar comes before winning every year with Jones, he has his rings, gave Jimmy most of the power to get them. After getting the rings, the tyrant has come out. he now wants everything his way, even though his way sucks and never pans out. So if you can't win, the next best thing is to make more money than you could ever spend. Now their is nothing wrong with making money, but IMO this is a horrible way to do so. In the words of the great T.O, get your popcorn ready and never let a good media circus go to waste.

What money are you talking about? Please explain how this move was motivated by money.

They way I see it, it was at least half generated by Jerry's need for attention and he also has been known to be somewhat sympathetic to giving people 2nd chances.

And who is the victim here? Jerry gets what he wants and Michael gets on a practice squad when according to Bill Polian is not even a NFL caliber player.

The only victims here are the staff, players and fans who have to deal with the distraction.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What money are you talking about? Please explain how this move was motivated by money.

They way I see it, it was at least half generated by Jerry's need for attention and he also has been known to be somewhat sympathetic to giving people 2nd chances.

And who is the victim here? Jerry gets what he wants and Michael gets on a practice squad when according to Bill Polian is not even a NFL caliber player.

The only victims here are the staff, players and fans who have to deal with the distraction.

Jersey sales from the LGBT community. Sales will skyrocket if he makes the team.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jersey sales from the LGBT community. Sales will skyrocket if he makes the team.

You had it half right with Jerry and the spot light ..just stick with that.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had it half right with Jerry and the spot light ..just stick with that.

So you don't see Jerry making money off this if he is signed? The attention alone will score him endorsement deals with the LGBT. I promise you Jerry sees dollar signs somewhere in this deal.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones is a brilliant business man

Michael Sims is a good football player

and, the Oprah Winfrey Network has a show to do...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Sam better than other Dallas' current PS DLman? Is so this can be seen as a football decision. If not then let the Jerry hate fly. I'm not high on Sam in Dallas but it's not hard to be better than the guys we have on the PS.

The only way I see him making the 53 man roster is injuries.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did I miss something while I was at work?
Did we sign Sams?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he passes a physical he will join team tomorrow

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pretty much, but have you ever seen a 7th rounder get this coverage?

I'm sure a lot is a jersey sales move, or maybe he can actually help the team. Won't know till we know.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While you would hope this is the case, I don't think it will be. There are going to be way more questions about him than any other PS player. Plus Jerry is going to make sure he finds a way to bring it up at least a couple of Times per week...I'd even say that i would be very surprised if his name is NOT mentioned during our week one game and I don't often hear PS players get their name mentioned on National TV.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you would hope this is the case, I don't think it will be. There are going to be way more questions about him than any other PS player. Plus Jerry is going to make sure he finds a way to bring it up at least a couple of Times per week...I'd even say that i would be very surprised if his name is NOT mentioned during our week one game and I don't often hear PS players get their name mentioned on National TV.

Tell me.........it was a story on ABC Nightly News yesterday. I think it will die down but you make a point if jerry decides differently.

oh that jerry.......