• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jays in 2014

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do the Jays need to do to become relevant in 2014? Do your best AA impression here (actually, no don't)...

Do they keep JPA or give up on him? He may land something decent in a trade. His bat has pop and that should be enough to lure a few suitors. I hope they deal this guy. We can do better than a .236 OBP and poor defense in a catcher.

Any reason to sign Josh Johnson? He should come dirt cheap now. But sometimes a pitcher is great and the wheels fall off and they inexplicably become the worst pitcher in baseball. Josh Johnson is the 2013 version of the 2012 Ricky Romero. I say let him seek greener pastures.

We have Dickey one more year. I'm fine with that. He's fallen way below expectations, but with this team, there's still a spot for him in the rotation. Buerhle had a much better 2nd half. After that, there's a ton of work to do to solidify rotation spots. Happ and Rogers are merely fill-ins. Morrow is an injury-riddled question mark at this point in his career that can't be relied upon. Romero is done.

The good news I think is the lineup doesn't really need a major overhaul like the pitching does. Joey Bats, EE, Reyes, Lawrie, and even Lind are good to great. Rasmus was much-improved. Melky and Rajai were serviceable.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jays not signing Josh Johnson,Rajai Davis and Kawasaki

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance to Josh Johnson. He was the biggest steaming pile of garbage I've ever seen this past year.

I love Kawasaki, but he's completely replaceable. No loss there.

I'd have liked to see them keep Rajai Davis though. Pretty solid player.