• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jarret Stoll

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the million dollar question, say White is fine to play the second round and Husky pants recovers. Would you play Huskins or Wallin?

I'd prefer Braun but everyone knows that's not gonna happen. I really don't know. Both guys suck, but Huskins is a better skater which makes him harder to get around. However he hasn't played for what 2 months? I'd imagine that he'd make even more mistakes than normal getting back into game shape. Of course Wallin has been playing for most of the season and he still effed things up more than a few times last night.

Both are pretty much equally bad, I guess the only answer I can come up with is both better never be in the lineup at the same time.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The NHL has suspened L.A.'s Jarret Stoll one game for his hit from behind on Ian White. Todd McLellan pointed out if the decision were made now, White would sure as fuck be out for Game 2."

Fixed that for you...

That looked so bad that I still don't see White playing again for a couple weeks, at the very least... but yeah, of course McLellan can put it like he did.

And yeah, this is totally going to suck (not having White)... I'm sure we'll see Huskins in there before we see Braun because Dougie/Todd are fucking stubborn human beings but oh well.

PS. Rhetorical question: Why couldn't this shit have happened to Wallin instead of White?

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yell: :mmph: :mad:

Hey everybody just found out about Stoll, glad he got atleast one game. I was at the game and it blew me away that there wasn't a call.

Time for the Sharks to use this as a motivation and destroy the Kings. Time to hurt them where it really hurts, THE SCORE BOARD!

Play hard and hit harder, but hit cleanly.

One thing you cn count on is that the Refs are going to be looking @ head shots, from now on.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about neither. I'd play Braun.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both were penalties for sure. Braun should have got 2 for charging, you can't leave you feet like that. Possibly an extra two for roughing.

Stoll should have got a 5 minute major and a 2 game suspension. #1, its a hit from behind into the boards - the NHL said all god damn year that they were cracking down on this specific type of hit and then head shots in general. So crack the fuck down.... #2 - there was ample time to pull up, adjust, etc and if he SAW THAT HE WAS KIND OF LOW THEN WHY WOULD YOU LEAD WITH YOUR FOREARM INTO HIS DOME?

I dont believe Stoll to be a dirty player or even that he INTENDED to perform a dirty hit - but it IS what he did. NHL pussied out imho.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it is... he deserved 2 games but seeing how a) it's the playoffs and b) (perhaps more importantly) he doesn't have a history of "bad stuff", it was reduced to 1 game.

Colin Campbell was probably like "listen, this is bad stuff, I'm trying to cut down on bad stuff... I really don't want to suspend you but I have to give you the two games... but seeing that it's the playoffs and it's the first time you do something like this, I'll just give you one game... don't do this again, son, blah blah blah".

Suspensions always seem to be less harsh come playoff time (unless you do something *really stupid*), don't they? Maybe it's just my old mind failing me but that's what I seem to recall, anyway...

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I want to say this: If Jarret Stoll gets suspended for that hit, then Demers is five times more severe a hit on Ryan Smyth than what Jarret Stoll is on [Ian] White," the Kings' coach, visibly upset, said after practice. "He [Demers] meets every criteria that you can read about from league memorandums, every coach, every player, every management, every owner knows about it. If you travel distance, you launch yourself 2 to 3 feet off the ice and throw an elbow at a person's head, that is a suspension. Big-time suspension."

Stanley Cup playoffs: No shortage of fireworks in Los Angeles Kings-San Jose Sharks series - ESPN

Wow. It's one thing to stick up for your guys and it's another to talk out of your ass. Yes launching yourself into a guy is bad and should have been a penalty. But it's downright insulting to say that it's five times worse than driving a guy's head into the boards with your elbow from behind, intentional or not.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh.. not to be a homer but yeah, big difference.

Ian White is out for a long time... could be rest of the playoffs.

Smyth uhhh.. isn't?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that or trying to get fined for criticizing the NHL/Campbell like Lombardi did a couple months ago or whatever.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh... Thanks for that. Totally missed it live (I blame WoW).

Yeah, that should have been a penalty but not too bad of a hit since no boards involved in the smashing...

still playing WOW dude???????

give it up. try RIFT, its pretty fun.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still playing WOW dude???????

give it up. try RIFT, its pretty fun.

Hah! Yeah, I still raid a couple times a week but that's all.. I don't log in to do anything else other than that.

Heard good things about Rift but haven't checked it out; haven't really had time... with the baby coming in a couple months, I'll be quitting WoW soon too.

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah! Yeah, I still raid a couple times a week but that's all.. I don't log in to do anything else other than that.

Heard good things about Rift but haven't checked it out; haven't really had time... with the baby coming in a couple months, I'll be quitting WoW soon too.

oh man! congratulations! best wishes and luck to your family.

if you do want to try rift, drop me a line some time and i can send you a free trial code when they have one of their weekend deals going...im playing it for another month before i decide if i will stick around, since online poker is screwed right now i needed a new game to pass some time! LOL

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think the Sharks will target Stoll? Not in a dirty way but some good clean checks and maybe a fight?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think the Sharks will target Stoll? Not in a dirty way but some good clean checks and maybe a fight?

I hope not... they've got more serious things to worry about.. like, showing up to play, etc.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I'm definitely with you on that. I wasn't suggesting they make him the focal point just that a good hard check or two and maybe even a fight would send a message of some sort. To the Kings and to us fans.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing that can't wait until the regular season. He's not going anywhere. Focus on the task at hand. That said, I wouldn't mind Eager or Mayers getting in his face after the whistle to remind him that he is a marked man. Just to get him thinking.