• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Casey Appreciation Thread

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looks like with a surprise cut the Broncos have decided to cut James Casey to make room for Derek Wolfe on the 53-man roster. This leaves us now with only 3 TE's on the roster and possibly a hole at the FB position.

Honestly a little curious about this decision. Casey was brought in because he is such a versatile player and because he offers quite a bit as a Special Teams contributor.

I would guess that since we have been using more the Pistol formation than being under Center it has limited the need for him at a FB and he wasn't having the greatest year playing TE. Still this is a $1.5 million dead money hit. Not the worst thing but again just a bit curious.

The other way to view this though is the Broncos are impressed with Mitchell Henry at the TE position. It actually has been documented that the Packers were very upset that they lost him as they were hoping to sneak him onto their practice squad and have him develop for a year as they saw great promise in the kid. Maybe after 4 weeks with the Broncos he is showing why the Packers liked him so much.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looks like with a surprise cut the Broncos have decided to cut James Casey to make room for Derek Wolfe on the 53-man roster. This leaves us now with only 3 TE's on the roster and possibly a hole at the FB position.

Honestly a little curious about this decision. Casey was brought in because he is such a versatile player and because he offers quite a bit as a Special Teams contributor.

I would guess that since we have been using more the Pistol formation than being under Center it has limited the need for him at a FB and he wasn't having the greatest year playing TE. Still this is a $1.5 million dead money hit. Not the worst thing but again just a bit curious.

The other way to view this though is the Broncos are impressed with Mitchell Henry at the TE position. It actually has been documented that the Packers were very upset that they lost him as they were hoping to sneak him onto their practice squad and have him develop for a year as they saw great promise in the kid. Maybe after 4 weeks with the Broncos he is showing why the Packers liked him so much.

The only image I have in my head is James Casey dropping an easy Peyton Manning pass in pre-season and then he disappeared into a hole that was deep, dark and cold.

I certainly was looking forward to a FB in the offense - so sorry. I wish James Casey well.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had high expectations for him as a ST contributor. Sorry it didn't work out.

It's a tough business.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly was looking forward to a FB in the offense - so sorry. I wish James Casey well.

Legwold tweeted that in 4 games the Broncos have run only 16 plays out of a two back set - and only 3 plays from said formation in the second halves of those games.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legwold tweeted that in 4 games the Broncos have run only 16 plays out of a two back set - and only 3 plays from said formation in the second halves of those games.

That's what you would call the Peyton Manning effect.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just talking to my brother who lives in Denver and Henry's name came up when we were discussing who Denver who release from PS and he said he was hearing some very favorable things about him when I brought up that Denver could release a te. I wasn't thinking Casey but said Myers because I didn't remember the guys name and my bro said Henry and then gave me his spiel on how much he had been hearing good stuff. Guess they saw more in him than Casey obviously.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mighty Casey has struck out?

[ok, but at least I was the first to post it]

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for the guy as I remember when he was going through FA he had a ton of teams interested in him. I think he chose Denver with the idea that we would be running more of Kubiak's system giving him more opportunities as the FB.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah unfortunately he turned out to be a total waste of roster spot and the negativity coming out of Philly proved justified looks like. Go Henry!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey has never done anything for me.

This post is a testament to the fact - that I really wanted to post something else and held it back, but your above comment as it is generally applied could seem very callous.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you too little. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else notice that Juwan Thompson's pass reception was with him lined up as a Fullback?