• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jack Del Rio signs two-year extension

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know I can`t say YAY or NAY really. With all the injuries and lack of consistancy because of that fact, you really can`t give him a bad grade I supposse. There were things I was perturbed about such as their lack of succsess blitzing, but again that falls on having your best personnel in there and establishing chemistry between them with lots of time on field/practice. I hope Denver next yr gets a real decent shot at having their best guys on the field thruout the season and playoffs and we get to see JDR with a full squad to compare to this last season. I will be rooting for him as I`am sure we all will be now that he got the extension.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know I can`t say YAY or NAY really. With all the injuries and lack of consistancy because of that fact, you really can`t give him a bad grade I supposse. There were things I was perturbed about such as their lack of succsess blitzing, but again that falls on having your best personnel in there and establishing chemistry between them with lots of time on field/practice. I hope Denver next yr gets a real decent shot at having their best guys on the field thruout the season and playoffs and we get to see JDR with a full squad to compare to this last season. I will be rooting for him as I`am sure we all will be now that he got the extension.

I'm kind of thinking the same, maybe leaning a bit more towards YAY. It'll be nice to have DC for more than one year finally, and I think this defense has shown some good things that we can build off of. Staying healthy is of course going to be key. Losing Harris, Wolfe, Vick, Von, and Rahim (biggest loss of season IMO) left our defense in shambles. Even with all those injuries, we still had a shot ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy 2 years ago had our defense playing at a top 5 level. I can't really blame him completely for this season and what we saw on the field with all of the injuries. Wasn't a big fan of him playing so much zone considering our lack of pass rush but at the same time maybe he thought with the players he had left that was the best they could do. Hopefully with a full arsenal to start the season (please don't get suspended again Von) this defense should be right back up there at that top 5 level.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow thats great news:L.

Any available alternatives out there you're willing to suggest?

JDR's defensive record is the best Denver has enjoyed in the past DECADE at least. I think he's done enough to earn a bit more time with the club.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming off of a pretty darn good 2012, our best Defensive player figured it was a good idea to treat 2013 as if it didn't matter......can't blame Jack Del Rio for that.

I will reserve my judgement for his 3rd season. Having a revolving door at DC didn't work either......

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you would have to be crazy to say JDR has done a poor job. This D was ravaged with injuries throughout the year. We were missing a player that was in the discussion for DPOY a year ago. An elite CB, a starting safety, starting DE, starting DT, Champ out most of the year and a shell of his former self when he came back, Woodyard has not been the same since his stinger earlier in the year. IMO JDR has done a remarkable job, most teams that lose that many players on D would be out of the playoffs.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is there is no one else available who is as qualified or better than Del Rio that I can think of.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good news. While the defense did not finish as good statistically as the 2012 defense, they did get their ducks in a row in time for the playoffs. The lack of stability at DC for several years destroyed any chance of this team going anywhere better than 8-8. Bringing him back is a no brainer especially given the way he had this injury ravaged unit playing high caliber football for 4 games leading into the Super Bowl. And you can't overlook the benefit of having a former head coach on the sideline. Losing John Fox for 4 games and going 3-1 in that window really is a testament to what Del Rio brings to this team. A well-earned extension and it is not just because there is nobody better available.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is good news. While the defense did not finish as good statistically as the 2012 defense, they did get their ducks in a row in time for the playoffs. The lack of stability at DC for several years destroyed any chance of this team going anywhere better than 8-8. Bringing him back is a no brainer especially given the way he had this injury ravaged unit playing high caliber football for 4 games leading into the Super Bowl. And you can't overlook the benefit of having a former head coach on the sideline. Losing John Fox for 4 games and going 3-1 in that window really is a testament to what Del Rio brings to this team. A well-earned extension and it is not just because there is nobody better available.

I think he deserved it as well and the team needs stability at that position.

I was just commenting that they could not do any better if they felt that the defensive performance this year had slipped, which it did, and injuries should not be the entire excuse.

You need depth, and that is something we are lacking on defense.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was just commenting that they could not do any better if they felt that the defensive performance this year had slipped, which it did, and injuries should not be the entire excuse.

Gotcha. I knew you were on that page already. The comment was really directed toward the class in general and no one person.

On another note, I'm doing deer steaks tonight. Check the Super Bowl food thread later for pics!

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I knew you were on that page already. The comment was really directed toward the class in general and no one person.

On another note, I'm doing deer steaks tonight. Check the Super Bowl food thread later for pics!

Nice.

I picked up a few Choice Rib Eyes and seared them in a hot cast iron skillet with salt and garlic for about 2 minutes on one side, then flipped them and put them in a 450 oven for about 4 minutes with some garlic butter on top.

Put them on the cutting board and cracked some fresh pepper over them and let them rest for about 5 minutes.

Had some shrimp scampi with them and oven roasted fingerling potatoes with garlic and dill. After the long week I had I just wanted to eat.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice.

I picked up a few Choice Rib Eyes and seared them in a hot cast iron skillet with salt and garlic for about 2 minutes on one side, then flipped them and put them in a 450 oven for about 4 minutes with some garlic butter on top.

Put them on the cutting board and cracked some fresh pepper over them and let them rest for about 5 minutes.

Had some shrimp scampi with them and oven roasted fingerling potatoes with garlic and dill. After the long week I had I just wanted to eat.

Yeah, about those pics...We got a late start on dinner because my wife had to take the little guy to the ER (all is well). Long story short, no pics this time because by the time I got those steaks off the grill taking a nice picture was the furthest thing from my mind!

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All things considered, I think the D performed very well considering the injuries. You cannot expect a defense to lose that many starters, let alone high end starters and have a limited drop off (especially when you look at the performance in the playoffs). At one point I think we only had 4 of the original projected starters healthy and starting. I would say the depth was pretty good and the reserves stepped up well.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things considered, I think the D performed very well considering the injuries. You cannot expect a defense to lose that many starters, let alone high end starters and have a limited drop off (especially when you look at the performance in the playoffs). At one point I think we only had 4 of the original projected starters healthy and starting. I would say the depth was pretty good and the reserves stepped up well.

Our offense overcame a few defensive shortcomings in the early and middle part of the season.

Dallas, San Diego first game, both KC games and even the Titans game to an extent, our offense bailed out the defense.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense overcame a few defensive shortcomings in the early and middle part of the season.

Dallas, San Diego first game, both KC games and even the Titans game to an extent, our offense bailed out the defense.

I agree with a few of those, especially in the Dallas game. Not so much in the 1st KC game or the Titans game (one of the TDs was basically on special teams). The offense put up some great numbers in that game but I wouldnt necessarily say bailed out. They improved a ton as the season went on and performed well in the playoffs despite losing a lot of talent.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice.

Ribeyes in the OVEN!!! You just poked my eyes out Morph:omg:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ribeyes in the OVEN!!! You just poked my eyes out Morph:omg:

I really like cooking on a charcoal grill, but when there is a foot of snow and the temps are below freezing, searing a steak on a hot cast iron skillet and then finishing it in the oven is the best way to get a consistent temp on a steak so it is cooked perfectly.

Too cold to BBQ this week in Denver. It was -25 with the wind chill the other day and yesterday was the first day above the freezing mark in a week.