• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's time to move forward

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can all sit here and guess why this all went down but now it's time to move forward and get a coach in here that can work together with the front office to bring the SB back to the Bay Area. I hope Jed and Balkke realize who is the right guy to move forward with so everyone can get on the same page . This is a major point in 49ers history coming up where the 49ers still have a window to be a Champion and getting a coach to bring out the very best in Kap is a key to doing just that. Kap and rebuilding the O line along with adding some serious speed on the team especially at the WR position will be the difference. Hold on for the ride.

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can all sit here and guess why this all went down but now it's time to move forward and get a coach in here that can work together with the front office to bring the SB back to the Bay Area. I hope Jed and Balkke realize who is the right guy to move forward with so everyone can get on the same page . This is a major point in 49ers history coming up where the 49ers still have a window to be a Champion and getting a coach to bring out the very best in Kap is a key to doing just that. Kap and rebuilding the O line along with adding some serious speed on the team especially at the WR position will be the difference. Hold on for the ride.

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap:

Good for you man! :suds: I know some people are SOOOO hung up on butchering Jed for all of this. Don't get me wrong, the guy had a huge hand in it. But, Jim isn't innocent either. You're exactly right on the fact that this is a huge point in the Niner history, Jed/Baalke can't afford to screw this up!

I agree 99.9% on everything you said. The one area I'm not personally keen on, is Kaep as our QB next season. Yeah, he had 2 pretty good years, but in a gimmicky type offense. I just don't think he's capable of an offense where he can go under center(when needed) and sit in the pocket. I also think he's incapable of reading and dissecting a defense. Lastly, I personally think his throwing motion needs to be overhauled/gutted.

However, maybe he needs a different guy to tudor him. A guy who can teach him ALL of the these components. I'm not saying cut him or trade him, but maybe bring in another guy and compete for the job. Little competition never hurt anyone!

Sorry for the Kap rant, but felt that needed to sum up why I'm not completely on board with him right now.

Onward and upward!

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap is still the man to get it done. He is a wild mustang though and it will be important for the new coaching staff to develop a back up QB so they won't be afraid to let the wild mustang run free and create scoring chances. Kap is a winner and if the new coach will let him roam free instead of making him stay in the pocket all day to get squashed by blitzes Kap will win. Bank it ! Ballz out or go home !

:suds:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap is still the man to get it done. He is a wild mustang though and it will be important for the new coaching staff to develop a back up QB so they won't be afraid to let the wild mustang run free and create scoring chances. Kap is a winner and if the new coach will let him roam free instead of making him stay in the pocket all day to get squashed by blitzes Kap will win. Bank it ! Ballz out or go home !

:suds:

I hope you're right! Hopefully we can the right coach and the rest will take care of itself!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good for you man! :suds: I know some people are SOOOO hung up on butchering Jed for all of this. Don't get me wrong, the guy had a huge hand in it. But, Jim isn't innocent either. You're exactly right on the fact that this is a huge point in the Niner history, Jed/Baalke can't afford to screw this up!

I agree 99.9% on everything you said. The one area I'm not personally keen on, is Kaep as our QB next season. Yeah, he had 2 pretty good years, but in a gimmicky type offense. I just don't think he's capable of an offense where he can go under center(when needed) and sit in the pocket. I also think he's incapable of reading and dissecting a defense. Lastly, I personally think his throwing motion needs to be overhauled/gutted.

However, maybe he needs a different guy to tudor him. A guy who can teach him ALL of the these components. I'm not saying cut him or trade him, but maybe bring in another guy and compete for the job. Little competition never hurt anyone!

Sorry for the Kap rant, but felt that needed to sum up why I'm not completely on board with him right now.

Onward and upward!

agree, Kaep isn't a bad QB, but not good enough to lead the 49ers to a consistent SB contender. Since it isn't easy to just get another QB, he will remain our starter next season, no matter the HC. Beyond that, who knows?

guess I'm leading to..................I wouldn't select a HC just because of Kaep.

Last edited by a moderator:

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, Kaep isn't a bad QB, but not good enough to lead the 49ers to a consistent SB contender. Since it isn't easy to just get another QB, he will remain our starter next season, no matter the HC. Beyond that, who knows?

guess I'm leading to..................I wouldn't select a HC just because of Kaep.[/QUOT
I agree completely. The new HC will want his own guy. They always do.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. No use crying over spilt milk. Time to move on and let's see what the future holds for the Niners. I agree not hiring a head coach just for Kap's sake, but let's hope for an OC who will utilize his strenghts. It's imperative to add speed to this team especially at WR. Need to also look at TE with the uncertainties with VD. Just don't know if he was hurt. Need to solidify the OL with Iupati potentially leaving. Let's hope for a strong offseason and a great draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. No use crying over spilt milk. Time to move on and let's see what the future holds for the Niners. I agree not hiring a head coach just for Kap's sake, but let's hope for an OC who will utilize his strenghts. It's imperative to add speed to this team especially at WR. Need to also look at TE with the uncertainties with VD. Just don't know if he was hurt. Need to solidify the OL with Iupati potentially leaving. Let's hope for a strong offseason and a great draft.

yep, we may have changes (different combos) with the three interior positions? IF so, there will then be a "transition" phase for five of them to gel.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, we may have changes (different combos) with the three interior positions? IF so, there will then be a "transition" phase for five of them to gel.

Could be Martin at center, Brandon Thomas at LG or maybe Kilgore if Thomas' injury prevents him from being ready. Hopefully A. Davis will be healthier and will not have any problems with concussions.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be Martin at center, Brandon Thomas at LG or maybe Kilgore if Thomas' injury prevents him from being ready. Hopefully A. Davis will be healthier and will not have any problems with concussions.

I noticed the last game Gore was running to the right. I don't remember that happening when J. Martin was in there. Probably cause he run blocks poorly where as A Davis can run block

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I recall an article saying Martin was having a hard time at Center, both physically and with line calls? the line calls are understandable, but still wonder if he needs more time?

also recall reading Kilgore wasn't fantastic either, but he at least knew the line calls?

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

guess I'm leading to..................I wouldn't select a HC just because of Kaep.

I agree, that wouldn't be my end all be all, but I think the new HC needs to get something out of him. If he regresses AGAIN, have we wasted a year??

:noidea:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh still not to late for York to realize he might have made a mistake. Harbaugh went to coach Michigan not another NFL team. After we go 4-12 this upcoming season all it takes is a phone call to Ann Arbor and a blank check with the promise of personal control to undo your mistake.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh still not to late for York to realize he might have made a mistake. Harbaugh went to coach Michigan not another NFL team. After we go 4-12 this upcoming season all it takes is a phone call to Ann Arbor and a blank check with the promise of personal control to undo your mistake.

:L:L

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I got to thinking yesterday that at the end of the regular season, who was the best coach available to lead the Niners? Jim Harbaugh. What a screwup. :gaah:

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In the games I watched yesterday, I saw several small speedy guys make an impact on games. I hope that Trent was watching and taking notes.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In the games I watched yesterday, I saw several small speedy guys make an impact on games. I hope that Trent was watching and taking notes.

he drafted LMJ and Ellington, so he isn't blind to speedy guys. LMJ didn't pan out but the point is, he has drafted 'speedy'.