• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's round six, how many Texas players have been drafted?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aTm now gets the best Texas players.

I wonder why...

Sherman can recruit, thats for sure. Anyway, I think Texas alumni & fans aren't surprised by this at all. Ive been saying the last two years that these players were some of the most overrated and soft 4-5 star athletes I've ever seen. There is a reason Mack Brown is no longer the head coach. Time for the STRONGHORNS era! Also, it must suck being an OU fan knowing your team was taken behind the woodshed last year by a no NFL talent team led by Derp at QB. :L

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Strong was 7-6 in the Big East his first two years. The same Big East that provided West Virginia to the Big 12. The West Virginia that won the Big East.

West Virginia leaves the Big East and Louisville wins the Big East. West Virginia is 11-14 so far in the Big 12.

Charlie Strong walked into a good gig and gets to play with Texas High School football players. It does look like Charlie Strong is serious about academics for his student athletes. He improved Louisville's APR numbers, even though the recruits weren't his.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious. Seeing as how there are some teja$ fans that are experts on teams being irrelevant, is this the cherry on top of teja$ being irrelevant? I figured you guys would know...
muttley.gif

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone from OU is upset about the 2013 season. Sure there was opportunity to do better but we had a solid year.

Horns made a great point. Texas has always put a player in the draft going back to the 30s.

This is clearly a low point for the Texas program having not drafted a single player in 2014. This can and will be used against them this upcoming recruiting season for sure. Yes Texas can retort with there is a new sheriff in town but not getting any players drafted still is a black eye for the program in recruiting.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a breakdown in the BIG XII.

Baylor - 5
Iowa State - 1
Kansas - 0
Kansas State - 1
Oklahoma - 4
Oklahoma State - 1
Texas - 0
TCU - 1
Texas Tech - 2
West Virginia - 2

Damn, it's time for Stoops to be fired. Texas beat OU without a single NFL Draftee and OU had 4. Yes, I am writing that OU sucks.
Time for Stoops to go, the Case has been made.:lol:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone from OU is upset about the 2013 season. Sure there was opportunity to do better but we had a solid year.

Horns made a great point. Texas has always put a player in the draft going back to the 30s.

This is clearly a low point for the Texas program having not drafted a single player in 2014. This can and will be used against them this upcoming recruiting season for sure. Yes Texas can retort with there is a new sheriff in town but not getting any players drafted still is a black eye for the program in recruiting.

The really purple eyes belong to OU.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious. Seeing as how there are some teja$ fans that are experts on teams being irrelevant, is this the cherry on top of teja$ being irrelevant? I figured you guys would know...
muttley.gif

If only we could play Nebraska every single game. Texas would go undefeated every year.....

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any laughing Huskers are the ones who can't stand the fact that Texas ran them out of the Big 12. 9 to 1 in the win totals. Oh, yeah!

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
muttley.gif

Ooh without a doubt this is the cherry on the top for Mack Brown career at Texas.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another rule to prove irrelevance, reliving history to reclaim the glory.

Texas has lost over 40% of their games the last four years.

By using the University of Texas at Austin Registrar's Grade and Symbols data that is an F.

Grades and symbols | Office of the Registrar

By reading the Scholastic Probation

Scholastic Probation and Dismissal < The University of Texas at Austin

The football team has to be on probation, bordering on dismissal.

This probably explains this list from the football team in 2013-2014

Daje Johnson suspended academics
Jalen Overstreet suspended academics
Kennedy Estelle suspended academics
Joe Bergeron Suspended academics

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another rule to prove irrelevance, reliving history to reclaim the glory.

Texas has lost over 40% of their games the last four years.

By using the University of Texas at Austin Registrar's Grade and Symbols data that is an F.

Grades and symbols | Office of the Registrar

By reading the Scholastic Probation

Scholastic Probation and Dismissal < The University of Texas at Austin

The football team has to be on probation, bordering on dismissal.

This probably explains this list from the football team in 2013-2014

Daje Johnson suspended academics
Jalen Overstreet suspended academics
Kennedy Estelle suspended academics
Joe Bergeron Suspended academics

Absolutely all true. Don't argue a word of it.

What gets me is, the media and anyone not from "around here" seemed to think "Texas gets all the top recruits, all those four-and five star players" and they also were shocked, shocked I tell you!that MB was let go! I mean, we've fielded a team of over-ranked, coddled, undeveloped, poorly coached players for years.

The nadir of Texas football in the 21st century has arrived! But it has also passed! I love the fact that the coddled babies left over from the former regime will have their asses handed to them by this coaching staff, both on the field and the classroom. Underachieving will end.

This year may be tough, but at the very least, I can watch players playing hard every play, because they will NOT get any free passes by this staff. Either produce, or get out and put someone else in. Yes, I'm happy for the change taking place in Austin, I'm optimistic, I see the glass half full. But I believe the rest of the conference will remember this time as one that is going to make their lives much harder.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Husker complaining about Texas is like a hooker complaining that she didn't get an orgasm.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a breakdown in the BIG XII.

Baylor - 5
Iowa State - 1
Kansas - 0
Kansas State - 1
Oklahoma - 4
Oklahoma State - 1
Texas - 0
TCU - 1
Texas Tech - 2
West Virginia - 2

We did have one good win this year. Some team from Norman.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

that is unacceptable for Texas not to have at least one guy drafted each year.

doesn't Texas have a couple stud RBs
Malcom Brown?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

that is unacceptable for Texas not to have at least one guy drafted each year.

doesn't Texas have a couple stud RBs
Malcom Brown?

Yes, they're all still on the team

Here were the draft eligible players

Jackson Jeffcoat
Carrington Byndom
Anthony Fera
Chris Whaley
Mike Davis
Trey Hopkins

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get the black eye comment. This is proof of the horrible development that characterized the end of Mack's tenure. Strong will look up and say Louisville had 3 first round picked. One was a converted QB, had the first safety off the board, and a smallish 4 star QB. While Texas was a whiff, the current coach put more kids in the first round than all but a handful of coaches this year. Problem addressed

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they're all still on the team

Here were the draft eligible players

Jackson Jeffcoat
Carrington Byndom
Anthony Fera
Chris Whaley
Mike Davis
Trey Hopkins

To be fair Jeffcoat is the first Hendricks winner not to be drafted. Much of that is due to the 2 torn pec muscles over the last couple years. Strength was the reason he wasn't drafted. Davis got injured during the draft process and couldn't work out. Whaleye was in the same boat. I will bet several will make teams at FA, with will once again pt to the poor job that Mack did

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@jrevonte: Charlie Strong's stock just shot threw the roof!!!#hookem Horns!!!Dylan Moses Dad

@jrevonte: University of Texas longhorn fans do you see how many players Coach Strong and staff put in the first round at Louisville?

@jrevonte: Better talent and resources at UT than Louisville...Texas A&M will be a non-factor once Charlie-Boy starts pulling the recruits he wants!

Father of 2017 stud RB/LB Dylan Moses, one of the most hyped recruits to come along for some time.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm from Cali but Texas produces a lot of NFL level talent. The problem is that UT fans are always dicks for the most part. There are a couple of you that I like but the majority on here are assholes. Guess what? You're an all time great but you lack any class. Alabama, USC and Notre Dame all act like they have been there before. Longhorn fans need to learn integrity and how to be humble.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@jrevonte: Charlie Strong's stock just shot threw the roof!!!#hookem Horns!!!Dylan Moses Dad

@jrevonte: University of Texas longhorn fans do you see how many players Coach Strong and staff put in the first round at Louisville?

@jrevonte: Better talent and resources at UT than Louisville...Texas A&M will be a non-factor once Charlie-Boy starts pulling the recruits he wants!

Father of 2017 stud RB/LB Dylan Moses, one of the most hyped recruits to come along for some time.

A recruits father? :laugh3: