• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Isner and Gimelstob part ways.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that's a great move for Isner.

Gimelstob really got the big guy to try to play more athletically and grind some points rather than just try to tree serves in. I think it revitalized Isner, who was fading away.

But Isner is doing well without him so far, so who knows?

One thing I know is that John will always work his tail off and give as much as he possibly can in a match.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait Gimelstob is a coach???!! I thought his only claim to fame (otherthan his clodhopping ungainly gaiton the tennis court) was his potshots taken at Anna Kournikova!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait Gimelstob is a coach???!! I thought his only claim to fame (otherthan his clodhopping ungainly gaiton the tennis court) was his potshots taken at Anna Kournikova!
That, and winning a couple of majors.

Gimelstob's a pretty slimy dude, but he helped get Isner back on track when he was fading fast.

I'm betting Gimelstob could get a coaching gig with another top 10 player on the ATP or WTA...but he's got the TTC and Olympic gigs, too, so maybe not for awhile.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that's a great move for Isner.

Gimelstob really got the big guy to try to play more athletically and grind some points rather than just try to tree serves in. I think it revitalized Isner, who was fading away.

But Isner is doing well without him so far, so who knows?

One thing I know is that John will always work his tail off and give as much as he possibly can in a match.

I agree with everything you said.