• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ishi DFA'd, Lollis Called Up

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand the Ishi signing when it happened. Unless it was purely a bonus for being a good Giant, it was a bad signing from the get-go.

Lollis' meteoric rise this season has culminated with the ultimate. He officially gets his cuppo!!!

Ryan Lollis Minor League Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

A 37th round draft pick! Holy shit!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy was basically just organizational depth before this year. He was never a regular player, and was sent to whatever roster needed the OF depth.

This season, he forced the issue andsolutely destroyed at the plate at all 3 levels. A HUGE jump like this obviously looks a bit fishy, but I have to assume he is being tested and the Giants trust him. He still has no power, so maybe it was just a stance change or new contacts or something like that.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Without having seen him play, can he play adequate defense? If so, then we have a nice surprise for a few weeks in order to buy us time to get Pence and Aoki back.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else is going on. Josh Osich is with the big club.

LHP, high velocity. Formed a dominant (yet very injured) battery with Susac at OSU.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy was basically just organizational depth before this year. He was never a regular player, and was sent to whatever roster needed the OF depth.

This season, he forced the issue andsolutely destroyed at the plate at all 3 levels. A HUGE jump like this obviously looks a bit fishy, but I have to assume he is being tested and the Giants trust him. He still has no power, so maybe it was just a stance change or new contacts or something like that.

He plays all 3 outfield positions, so the fit already makes much more sense than Ishikawa. And this guy just mashed his way onto the big club. He's probably a late inning defensive replacement, but will get chances to start since he's hot with the bat.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else is going on. Josh Osich is with the big club.

LHP, high velocity. Formed a dominant (yet very injured) battery with Susac at OSU.
Wow...

I just heard Marty mention this, but I don't see it anywhere else yet.

What is the corresponding move?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...

I just heard Marty mention this, but I don't see it anywhere else yet.

What is the corresponding move?

I'll bet Machi is going to be DFA'd.

For Osich, it's probably no coincidence that he comes up when the Giants have Bryce Harper to worry about this series. Giants don't want to be stuck with only one lefty.

He's not a loogy though, he can go multiple innings. Former starter.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet Machi is going to be DFA'd.

For Osich, it's probably no coincidence that he comes up when the Giants have Bryce Harper to worry about this series. Giants don't want to be stuck with only one lefty.

He's not a loogy though, he can go multiple innings. Former starter.
Sounds like the JA replacement we will need for next year.

This is his official interview for a job next year.

Marty just opined that maybe he is just with the team right now and not going to be activated today.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the JA replacement we will need for next year.

This is his official interview for a job next year.

Marty just opined that maybe he is just with the team right now and not going to be activated today.

Agreed, and I guess this moves him past Okert on the depth chart. Seems Okert's control issues are bit more concerning than we initially thought.

Hank is speculating that Casilla may be headed to the DL. His shoulder has been bothering him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and I guess this moves him past Okert on the depth chart. Seems Okert's control issues are bit more concerning than we initially thought.

Hank is speculating that Casilla may be headed to the DL. His shoulder has been bothering him.
He has not been looking good the last week or so.

We have the depth. Use it!

The Warriors used their depth to be able to keep everyone fresh for the playoffs. Learn from that!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Ritzo tweeted that Lollis was batting #8 for San Jose on opening day.

How is that for a meteoric rise in one season?

PS

How do you link a tweet? I can't even capture the tweet link on my iPad. Is it possible?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Injuries are just piling up this year

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Ritzo tweeted that Lollis was batting #8 for San Jose on opening day.

How is that for a meteoric rise in one season?

PS

How do you link a tweet? I can't even capture the tweet link on my iPad. Is it possible?

If you see a tweet you like, click on the time stamp. Then you can either paste the entire link here, or you can paste the tweet number, in this case, 617072315818491908.

(MEDIA=twitter)617072315818491908(/MEDIA) Replace the "(" with the "[" and you are good to go. Like this.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha, from Baggs:

Duffy played with Lollis off and on in the minors and described him as a flat-bat lefty who combines
smarts with a bat that stays in the zone a long time.

“It’s a really, really flat swing, a good looking swing,” Duffy said. “He’s got a lot of room for error because the bat is in the zone early and stays through it. He’s got a prettier swing than me, not that mine is pretty. And he’s going to give you a good at-bat whether he’s on a hot streak or a cold streak. I’m really excited for him.”

Duffy heard the news Thursday night when Triple-A outfielder Mac Williamson texted him. Duffy asked Williamson to put Lollis on the phone.

“He can’t talk,” Williamson told him. “He’s gone totally white.”

Oh, and btw:

In 32 games, he hit .353/.422/.517 for the River Cats with two home runs, two triples and nine doubles over 116 at-bats. He was 16 for 33 over his last seven games, including a four-hit night Monday at Las Vegas.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand the Ishi signing when it happened. Unless it was purely a bonus for being a good Giant, it was a bad signing from the get-go.

Lollis' meteoric rise this season has culminated with the ultimate. He officially gets his cuppo!!!

Ryan Lollis Minor League Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

A 37th round draft pick! Holy shit!

Some guys are just late bloomers. He was 22 when we drafted him, and 28 now. That's a long time to develop more strength and more skill.