• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this the end for Tony Romo?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh: they need a real QB that can be taught how to play the position properly. NFL owners and GM's need to get back to understanding this and we may see some more Aaron Rodgers type players. There are always the few exceptions like the Peyton Mannings but most great QB's have to learn a lot when they get there.

I'm not thinking that Manziel's game translates to the pros either, but interesting you would say that with RW being somewhat unconventional as well. IMO Johnny football is a backup in this league.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not thinking that Manziel's game translates to the pros either, but interesting you would say that with RW being somewhat unconventional as well. IMO Johnny football is a backup in this league.

Yeah, I know, right. Truth is though, RW came into a situation where the pressure isn't really on him to carry the team on his shoulders. Wilson is also quite mature beyond his years but even that decision is always questionable to me. I don't like putting these kids in these positions, even guys like Luck who played a "Pro set style" at Stanford. The situation in Dallas is one of the worst in football for the QB position, imo. The pressure is immense and the spotlight is brighter than anywhere in the league.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I know, right. Truth is though, RW came into a situation where the pressure isn't really on him to carry the team on his shoulders. Wilson is also quite mature beyond his years but even that decision is always questionable to me. I don't like putting these kids in these positions, even guys like Luck who played a "Pro set style" at Stanford. The situation in Dallas is one of the worst in football for the QB position, imo. The pressure is immense and the spotlight is brighter than anywhere in the league.

you are correct

Dallas is a pressure cooker for the QB always been that way

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...the expectations in a DAL are always high, but the reality is they have been very average for the better part of 2 decades...people say JJ is bad owner but how many other teams would be as hyped with the record since their last SB win?

Rookie QB...I agree, but rookie contracts are typically 4 yrs...short window for that position. If you make a big investment like the Jags will probably do...they almost have to play some in year 1, but I'm thinking 8 to 10 games...not starting week 1.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's decent at his goal to make money. He's bad if his goal is to win.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are correct

Dallas is a pressure cooker for the QB always been that way

No, not always.

Your franchise started in 1960 and didn't get put under the magnifying glass until 1978 when they proclaimed themselves, "America's Team".

OK, now everything you do is headline news. Welcome to the extra pressure. That's why Tom Landry didn't want it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Romo ever a "mobile" QB to begin with?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Romo ever a "mobile" QB to begin with?

Yes, actually. If you watch him play he makes quite a few throws on the run. I know that's alien to you since you watch Tom Brady who drops into the fetal position if someone looks at him crossways but Romo makes things happen.

Granted, in most pressure situations he chokes but in non pressure situations he's money.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, actually. If you watch him play he makes quite a few throws on the run. I know that's alien to you since you watch Tom Brady who drops into the fetal position if someone looks at him crossways but Romo makes things happen.

Granted, in most pressure situations he chokes but in non pressure situations he's money.

Did you just say that Brady drops to the fetal position yet in the same sentence state Romo CHOKES in pressure situations? Really?

Throws on the run makes you mobile now?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and are you saying that since Romo doesn't choke in non pressure situations he is better than Brady who doesn't choke in pressure situations?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's talking about mobility.

But calling Brady a statue is silly. Few are better at moving inside the pocket than Brady.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's talking about mobility.

But calling Brady a statue is silly. Few are better at moving inside the pocket than Brady.

Or it's just a hate against the Patriots...