• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is this really a .500 team or better??

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other then Boston and Pitt(and even 15 points,is not huge),all the other teams in the eastern conference are not too far ahead in points,that they can't be overtaken by stringing a few wins together.

Other than Mason,there is not 1 guy on the team IMO who has performed well consistently.Coots is getting there though.

sanfrand

FFL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Flyers problems are tied to a consistent effort for three solid periods.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Flyers problems are tied to a consistent effort for three solid periods.

Well, I think it's difficult for any team to play a full 60 minutes, the goalie has to but not necessarily the forwards/defense - the Flyers issue stems from a lack of speed on defense but more importantly Craig Berube doesn't have that feel for calling timeouts in key spots, he doesn't use the timeouts well - he doesn't motivate them during the timeouts, he just stands there and lets the players figure it out - he should have hammered home the point after that timeout when it was then 4-2 to tell them not to sit back, to make them push even more

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think it's difficult for any team to play a full 60 minutes, the goalie has to but not necessarily the forwards/defense - the Flyers issue stems from a lack of speed on defense but more importantly Craig Berube doesn't have that feel for calling timeouts in key spots, he doesn't use the timeouts well - he doesn't motivate them during the timeouts, he just stands there and lets the players figure it out - he should have hammered home the point after that timeout when it was then 4-2 to tell them not to sit back, to make them push even more

I certainly agree with you about the lack of speed on D. Let's keep in mind that we've had 2 coaches this year, neither of whom have been able to sustain success with the poorly constructed roster they've been saddled with. Lots of talent that just doesn't mesh well together. That's on the GM.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I 100% agree with the timeouts not being called in key spots. Very good point.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this team is definitely better than a .500 team.They just need to gel and find chemistry.

I also believe we lack that "AND" guy that most other teams have.

Crosby and Malkin
Toews and Kane
Perry and Getzlaf
etc...
Last year we had Giroux and Hartnell,and we seem to have lost both of them for now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think we shit on G a bit too much still. He's got six points (including two goals) in his last four games with a +2 rating and he's been consistently on the score sheet for basically the last two months. He has scored goals with a decent regularity since he got his first on November 9th. 7 in 19 is a pretty nice clip. That's an average of 30 across a full season, which would be a career high for G.

Claude Giroux: 7
Mike Smith: 1

And with the frequency that Voracek has been scoring goals of late (5 in 5), Giroux AND Voracek fits just right for us at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.500, for sure

> .500, IDK

They're for sure capable, just gotta get consistent.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.500, for sure

> .500, IDK

They're for sure capable, just gotta get consistent.

You're going to know soon enough. Definitely better than .500. This will be a playoff team and if I were your Pens, I'd want to avoid us in the playoffs at all costs.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No team plays consistently strong for all 3 periods. Good teams still manage to win because they have superior talent and chemistry.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDIT: superior talent, chemistry and coaching.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to know soon enough. Definitely better than .500. This will be a playoff team and if I were your Pens, I'd want to avoid us in the playoffs at all costs.

1) The Doobster is fully aware of the talent level of the Flyers. Going into this season I picked the Flyers to be our biggest threat in the division, actually thought the Flyers had a more talented roster.

2) The Doobster was commenting on how the Flyers have performed as of yet, not on how they're capable of performing. If they could bring it to the ice on a more consistent basis then they will no doubt be a very dangerous team.

3) The Doobster isn't about avoidance, that's a cowards way out, especially against the Flyers who are our #1 arch rivals. The Doobster relishes the Flyers/Penguin match ups more than any other match up, and I would hope the Pens feel the same way.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok this team really is a .500 team if they are lucky, I'm tired of thier lackadaisical approach every game and I'm running out of patience! Pull the goddam trigger now, blow them up, they do not play as a team and waiting for them to Gel is like watching paint dry!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok this team really is a .500 team if they are lucky, I'm tired of thier lackadaisical approach every game and I'm running out of patience! Pull the goddam trigger now, blow them up, they do not play as a team and waiting for them to Gel is like watching paint dry!

I hope you kept watching progs :)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3