• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the NFL compatible with the 21st century?

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with your first point but not so sure about the second point. Hispanics will assimilate before soccer gains traction.
They'll have to change the rules of soccer so men can play before it will gain popularity in the US.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL will go the way of the dinosaur right after guns are outlawed and I've been hearing about how soccer was going to explode since 1970. That's not going to happen either... not in our lifetimes anyway.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I find it amazing that football gets looked at as such a violent sport and it sends a bad message and all that crap. Honestly, there is so much violence to go around that football is just a blip on the radar. As someone has already stated, our human instincts and craving for violence haven't changed in thousands of years. I sure don't see us evolving beyond this anytime soon. Our video games are getting progressively more violent. The more gore and blood and decapitations a movie has, the more popular it seems to be. Fighting sports are coming full circle. Boxing changed from bare knuckle to thicker and thicker gloves and now MMA is going the other way to cater to the fans craving for blood. And honestly, this notion that any of this somehow sends a bad message to our youth is ludicrous. Yes, there are some bad apples that grab headlines in any pro sport but these types of people are everywhere. In a utopian society, such criminals would be dealt with equally regardless of their talent or money or whatever but we have never been and never will be a utopia. If someone has a god given talent for something that can make rich people richer, he will always be given second chances and more. Such is life, deal with it.

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball has problems but u don't hear about them as much. NFL has very serious issues with the game itself and with its players. Football players by nature are violent whereas u cannot say that about the nba or baseball. Baseball has steroid issues but its the only league doing anything about it and almost all of the players getting caught are Hispanic which in our PC society will never get any press. The NFL has a serial killer who played on a team which is suppose to be the epitome of class and professionalism. I hate to see what crimes Bengals players are committing...child prostitution ring perhaps.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok. Yeah, thugs come in every sport because athletes will always feel entitled. I have met exactly zero football or basketball players that I would actively have a beer with. I'm always shocked that their heads' fit into helmets but its not like players of other sports are any better or any cleaner.

What players are you hanging out with then because I have met plenty that are very down to earth laid back kind of guys that I would not only have a beer with but take them out to a nice sea food dinner as well. Maybe you are meeting these guys at clubs...If that is the case then yes it makes sense.