• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Jesse williams the pick that will have the biggest impact in2013?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. I think he takes Branch spot and becomes our run stopper.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really excited about the Jesse Williams pick. I really liked him and thought he would be a first rounder. I hadn't even realized he had dropped until we picked him.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im really excited about what he did with the D Line through Free Agency and the draft. I think we are very deep their even if Clemons isnt able to play much this year.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Jesse Williams is a solid rotational depth pick, I just don't think he is someone that can take over the starting job from any of the guys on your DL anytime within the next couple seasons. I thought you guys got GREAT value with that pick, was hoping that he would fall to our pick.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really excited about the Jesse Williams pick. I really liked him and thought he would be a first rounder. I hadn't even realized he had dropped until we picked him.

I completely agree with this. Not only do I think that Jesse Williams could be the best player in our draft but I believe he will see the most snaps out of all our draft selections.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with this. Not only do I think that Jesse Williams could be the best player in our draft but I believe he will see the most snaps out of all our draft selections.

Really? I found him to be a jack of all trades, master of none kind of player.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Jesse Williams is a solid rotational depth pick, I just don't think he is someone that can take over the starting job from any of the guys on your DL anytime within the next couple seasons. I thought you guys got GREAT value with that pick, was hoping that he would fall to our pick.

We lost one of our starters inside and the guy we signed to replace him does not have much time starting. So the job is open for Jesse Williams to take.

I have to imagine that he will be used more on run downs and subbed out on passing downs. I can also see him being used as a replacement/sub for Red Bryant at DE since he played DE at one point in the Bama 3-4.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I found him to be a jack of all trades, master of none kind of player.

Well Jesse Williams actually reminds me a lot of Red Bryant. He's a big guy who is a solid athlete and will be an outstanding run stuffer. His pass-rush ability is pretty non-existent so I have to imagine that he will be used primarily on run downs.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Jesse Williams actually reminds me a lot of Red Bryant. He's a big guy who is a solid athlete and will be an outstanding run stuffer. His pass-rush ability is pretty non-existent so I have to imagine that he will be used primarily on run downs.

This makes sense, although Red does a great job of standing his blockers up and swallowing up double teams by squaring his shoulders. I see Williams as an above average run stopper but he has some work to do with his technique to be anywhere near Red in run support. He gets pushed around by better OL too often. With that said, I was really hoping the Niners would draft him.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did he fall so far?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did he fall so far?

Here are my top two guesses.

1. Plays for Alabama: The idea that there is no way that a defense can have 11 lead singers and no lead guitarists or drummers. He didn't stand out as a stud in their defense leads me to believe teams underrated him.

2. One trick pony: He is above average at run stopping while below average (NFL standards) in pass rushing. Depending on the type of defense being played, he may not be a fit for some considering the strengths and weaknesses.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Plays for Alabama: The idea that there is no way that a defense can have 11 lead singers and no lead guitarists or drummers. He didn't stand out as a stud in their defense leads me to believe teams underrated him.

2. One trick pony: He is above average at run stopping while below average (NFL standards) in pass rushing. Depending on the type of defense being played, he may not be a fit for some considering the strengths and weaknesses.

dred, just curious. Your analogy using musicians makes me want to ask. Are you a musical person?

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that could be a fair assesment. It is very tough to scout players on teams with a lot of talent. You really have to iso the guy and see if he is getting the easy matchup, or only excels because someone else is exceptional.

I think the rotation of Williams and Hill could be good.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dred, just curious. Your analogy using musicians makes me want to ask. Are you a musical person?

Nope. My old water polo coach used to use that analogy when all of my teammates and I were looking to shoot the ball too much.

"You assholes are all trying to be lead singers and we don't have enough guitarists and drummers. Make the extra pass!"

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Branch job was to be a run stuffer. He didn't really have much pass rushing abilities. So I see
Williams getting some reps in Branch spot, but he'll be sharing reps with Tony McDaniel on running plays. On passing downs Bennett and Hill.

The knock on Williams is poor lower body strength . He needs to work on building up his legs. I like the pick and I think he adds to the roster.

It is going to be interesting to see how the Seahawks use all these players. They have really added a lot of interesting players to the DL. However they put it together I just hope that this year our DL is a force.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Branch job was to be a run stuffer. He didn't really have much pass rushing abilities. So I see
Williams getting some reps in Branch spot, but he'll be sharing reps with Tony McDaniel on running plays. On passing downs Bennett and Hill.

The knock on Williams is poor lower body strength . He needs to work on building up his legs. I like the pick and I think he adds to the roster.

It is going to be interesting to see how the Seahawks use all these players. They have really added a lot of interesting players to the DL. However they put it together I just hope that this year our DL is a force.

We had so many picks this year that some of them are going to be practice squad players and others are going to be on other teams come September. That's the nice thing about not having a lot of needs in the draft, but having a lot of picks to make... you can get a look at what all these players can do and if you end up not keeping some of them, it's not the end of the world.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Williams goes... he seems to have garnered the most excitement from the fans among all the players we selected. With all the talk on the other board about getting rid of Red, it would certainly be a lot easier to make that call if this Williams kid could play at the same level against the run. The competition starts now.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as Williams goes... he seems to have garnered the most excitement from the fans among all the players we selected. With all the talk on the other board about getting rid of Red, it would certainly be a lot easier to make that call if this Williams kid could play at the same level against the run. The competition starts now.

Tank Carradine, Marcus Lattimore among 2013 NFL Draft steals - NFL.com

Found this on nfl.com. Check out the last player on the list.