• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

Is Baker Mayfield a Bust?

• Yes

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 50 37.9%
  • Will tell you at the end of the season

Votes: 35 26.5%
  • Taters

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah regardless watching him play he was not in sync early in the season. He didnt look good. Looks a little better now but still see improvement. If a guy were to just look at stats for that first half 6-12 ratio it doesnt say half the story. He’s had plenty of drops and half his picks seem like they are tipped and placed perfectly in the defenders’ arms. Either way, the Browns have a long way to go still imo. Gotta keep winning, get more experience together and beat a legit good team. They have been in so many close games but cant get the W
agree....and you can say you have no idea how (neither do I), but they did roll Bmore on the road.

so true about his INTs. Can only recall 2-3 that went right to the defender. I know there was in opener and another on the shover at NE. Most are tipped. True, they are not always great throws and behind his man, but they could also be caught (though yesterday's was way behind OBJ).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mayfield and the browns look good against poor competition and bad against good competition. they are the epitomy of an average team right around the 8-win mark.

i give them a chance of grabbing the last wild card if they can get a win in pittsburgh this weekend.
Bills and ravens are not "good competition"?

Though I don't disagree too much with that....but it applies to most of the 5-6 win teams (and Buffalo).

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills and ravens are not "good competition"?

Though I don't disagree too much with that....but it applies to most of the 5-6 win teams (and Buffalo).

ravens are. bills are not.

bills have 7 of their wins against 6 of the worst teams in football. i would easily contend that if the browns had the bills schedule thus far, they would also be 8-3 and i consider them both to be in the average range.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mayfield and the browns look good against poor competition and bad against good competition. they are the epitomy of an average team right around the 8-win mark.

i give them a chance of grabbing the last wild card if they can get a win in pittsburgh this weekend.

The Ravens are 8-2. The Bills are 8-3. The Browns won both. So you consider Baltimore & Buffalo "poor competition"? :pound:

As far as winning 8 games this year. I'd consider that a step in the right direction for them. They are 2 years removed from going 0-16. And 3 years removed from going 1-15. Thanks Hue Jackson!

I said before the start of the season I'd consider it a successful one for them if they can win more games than last year (won 7) & beat those damn Steelers.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens are 8-2. The Bills are 8-3. The Browns won both. So you consider Baltimore & Buffalo "poor competition"? :pound:

As far as winning 8 games this year. I'd consider that a step in the right direction for them. They are 2 years removed from going 0-16. And 3 years removed from going 1-15. Thanks Hue Jackson!

I said before the start of the season I'd consider it a successful one for them if they can win more games than last year (won 7) & beat those damn Steelers.

if you think the Bills are a good team, you are showing that you don't watch anyone in the league other than your own.

bills have 7 of their wins against 6 of the worst teams in football. If they had the browns schedule, they would also be 5-6

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bills have 7 of their wins against 6 of the worst teams in football. i would easily contend that if the browns had the bills schedule thus far, they would also be 8-3 and i consider them both to be in the average range.
If the Browns' schedule went from last game to 1st they'd probably be 8-3, so agree with the last comment

But most of the teams in 5-7 range are the same. They beat bad teams and lose to good ones. wouldn't call the Bills bad, but also not as good as their 8-3 record.

And you are of course dismissing their win in Bmore.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you think the Bills are a good team, you are showing that you don't watch anyone in the league other than your own.

bills have 7 of their wins against 6 of the worst teams in football. If they had the browns schedule, they would also be 5-6

I only watch my team when a game is national televised, I live in CO. So please explain to me how I only watch the Browns when only 3 of 11 games have been televised out here. Your answer should be funny & interesting. But the Ravens are a bad team right? After all you said the Browns haven't beaten anyone. As far as the Bills. Isn't beating teams they should beat a sign of a decent team?

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only watch my team when a game is national televised, I live in CO. So please explain to me how I only watch the Browns when only 3 of 11 games have been televised out here. Your answer should be funny & interesting. But the Ravens are a bad team right? After all you said the Browns haven't beaten anyone. As far as the Bills. Isn't beating teams they should beat a sign of a decent team?

huh? when did i say the browns were a bad team? read my posts and you will see i clearly call them an average team. how is that calling them bad?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Miami hasn't taught you anything you'll never get it. Be thankful for 1-31.

Miami's gonna win 2 or more games. You think they'll be thankful for those meaningless wins as they lose out on their favorite QB AND Chase Young on draft day?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some good points, but don't think he called the Browns bad.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's probably true. We're also probably struggling to find 6 average teams after the current division leaders in the AFC.

I'd much rather have Cleveland in the playoffs as a football fan than Buffalo or Indy, quite frankly.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh? when did i say the browns were a bad team? read my posts and you will see i clearly call them an average team. how is that calling them bad?

I never said you said the Browns were a bad team though. You said this in comment # 279- mayfield and the Browns look good against poor competition. I was questioning why you called the Ravens poor competition. The Bills have beaten teams they should beat. And like you mentioned in a different comment they haven't exactly had a tough schedule.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea Baker was/is a bust was always really dumb I think if you've been watching Browns games this year. Was hyping him up as a borderline transcendent talent over the top? Yeah, but he's damn talented, and his rookie year shows that.

The two bungles games will probably massage his stats some.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably true. We're also probably struggling to find 6 average teams after the current division leaders in the AFC.

I'd much rather have Cleveland in the playoffs as a football fan than Buffalo or Indy, quite frankly.

i can go for that. cleveland is at least interesting.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think they are a playoff caliber team but if they make the playoffs...they can't be a bad team. They are just a team that had a fortunate schedule and won all the games they were suppposed to...for the most part. They have a solid defense, the rest of their team including their QB is questionable.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comment # 293.
Not sure saying they have looked good against poor competition is calling them bad, even if he leaves out the Bmore win. I also wouldn't call the steelers or Buffalo poor competition. Bills are at least mediocre. Steelers? not poor yet, but are trending that way though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to jump the shark, but Pitt and the Bungles should be extremely winnable even without Garrett for Cleveland.

@Cardinals and the Ravens at home will be the tricky games. Still think 9-7 gets them into the playoffs in this AFC.

yeah but Pitt is a must win imo. They have to win that...bc they still have the Cardinals and Ravens. They should sweep the Bungals.