• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is anyone as sick of Bill Simmons as me?

Marco Doubypops

Road Commentary Specalist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not banned at espn any more man, been able to post and see posts since they changed formats a little while back

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
also, if you guys remember last lockout, mj had just retired and after the lockout the nba decided to rigg in a whole new direction, rigged in an entire new era. Now i think alot of it has to do with all these greedy players pissing off stern at the negotiation table, he cuts calls to players who had been getting them for years. But anyways with kobe getting up there in age and his dunks looking like shit, duncan-kg old, league resorting to rigging for pityful nowitski i could see the league rigging in another whole new era. I'm sure the veteran stars at the meetings had stern fucking livid, he won't forget.
raps had nobody at the negotiations, nobody to piss off stern. Raps got the small canadian market on lock but now with other jersey sale outlets like lithuaninia and the fact that the team possesses the next kobe bryant MAYBE JUST MAYBE toronto gets milked in this new era of rigging (or they'll do what they always do, give us a playoff appearance to get our best players hopes up then squash them the next few season so the best players bolt)

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Simmons and Doc Rivers going at it.

ku-xlarge.png

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]uXPsZnS8CT8&feature=player_embedded#at=12[/YOUTUBE]

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc is a horses's ass. I feel terrible for the Clippers.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He more or less pulled a Carmello and forced his way out of his contract with the Celtics.

...and the clueless look on Danny Ainge's face at the press conference was priceless.

"Can somebody please tell me what the fuck just happened?"

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He more or less pulled a Carmello and forced his way out of his contract with the Celtics.

That's weird!! I heard him interviewed on Dan Patrick this morning and he said it was mutual on their parts. Something about having to pay him such a big contract while trying to dump KG and Pierce's contracts and re-build!!

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's weird!! I heard him interviewed on Dan Patrick this morning and he said it was mutual on their parts. Something about having to pay him such a big contract while trying to dump KG and Pierce's contracts and re-build!!

His story changes every hour on the hour. He looks really bad right now.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Simmons has always been a whiny sniffling little bitch, I'm glad Doc called him out last season. I don't blame Doc for wanting out of Boston. Danny Ainge did a shit job of putting together a title contending team after he formed the Big 3 and the roster was getting older. As a Heat fan, Danny Ainge was our MVP in the Heat's Big 3's first year together by getting rid of Perkins for Jeff Green.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Simmons has always been a whiny sniffling little bitch, I'm glad Doc called him out last season. I don't blame Doc for wanting out of Boston. Danny Ainge did a shit job of putting together a title contending team after he formed the Big 3 and the roster was getting older. As a Heat fan, Danny Ainge was our MVP in the Heat's Big 3's first year together by getting rid of Perkins for Jeff Green.

Danny Ainge is probably the most inept General Manager in all of professional sports. But that doesn't change the fact that Glenn is lying about this for some reason. Just like Bill Simmons said "if that's the case, then just own it, Doc." Stop lying and calling people names because you sir, are not as classy as you think you are.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year Melo was traded, he had a player option after that 2010-2011 season. He would have probably opted out, became a UFA and try to sign with the Knicks.

Rivers still had 3yrs left on his Boston contract.

Nothing similar about the 2 situations.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not saying you, or singling out anyone, but why is it ok for Doc to leave because of all the reasons you listed even though he was still under contract but James got crucified for leaving a team that was obviously going in the wrong direction as a FA?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying you, or singling out anyone, but why is it ok for Doc to leave because of all the reasons you listed even though he was still under contract but James got crucified for leaving a team that was obviously going in the wrong direction as a FA?

Stop criticizing anything related to Boston sports. That's now acceptable here, didn't you know?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The year Melo was traded, he had a player option after that 2010-2011 season. He would have probably opted out, became a UFA and try to sign with the Knicks.

Rivers still had 3yrs left on his Boston contract.

Nothing similar about the 2 situations.

Melo forced their hand. Doc quit. Period.