• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IR rule. Keep the same or tweak?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to address this before the start of the season.

Had a few members of the league request a possible tweak.

Right now the rule is that you can put one player on your roster on IR... You can cut a player off IR if he is not eligible to return yet and you want to use it for another player but you cant activated a player off IR for 5 weeks after you place them on IR.

After hearing from some members between last year and this year it appears some would like this tweaked.

We can keep the same as last year or we have a few other options.

We can tweak it so that we have 2 IR spots instead of 1.

Instead of 5 weeks reduce the time from 5 to 4 weeks in which you can activate the player and use them. Also, won't need an article to say a player is out 5 weeks or more. Would just need proof player is out multiple weeks. I am going to guess most people aren't going to put a player on IR that is week to week as the thing here is if you put a player on IR and they come back in 2 weeks you can't activate player for 4 weeks so you have to be careful here. This makes it so people aren't going to put any player on IR for any sort of injury.

An example of this would be.

WR BJ Pivonka has a high ankle sprain and is expected to miss multiple weeks (He would be eligible for IR but if he is back in 3 weeks you can't activate him for 4 thus you have to be careful to not over use the IR spot here.

an example of what would not be eligible for IR.

"BJ Pivonka is out this week with an ankle injury" we will need some sort of article/reliable source just like last year to prove this player is out multiple/several/significant weeks.

This went really well last year so not too worried about it.

The tweaks would be

You can add 2 players instead of 1 to IR
You can activate a player after 4 weeks instead of 5 so you have a little more grace here to use it for the right purpose.
Needs to be a reliable source of a multiple week injury to use the IR spot.

We can also keep it at 1 player and use the other tweaked rules above. I will work with each member on this to verify that player is eligible for IR.

If you would rather keep it just like last year I am fine with that too but I need others to chime in here. Some of you have texted me about this so I know where you stand.

I don't know how much detail I need to go in as I think everyone understands but I will use me as an example this year.

I could place Baxter and Owens on IR (Doesn't matter as both will miss the entire season) and then say 3 weeks from now my WR BJ Pivonka is eligible for IR with a multiple week injury.. If I wanted to put BJ on IR I would have to cut one of Owens or Baxter off IR.

I think I like the tweak of reducing IR from 5 weeks to 4 weeks to be activated and I don't care between 1 or 2 IR spots. I wouldn't want anymore then 2 spots. Players on IR would be eligible to come off IR the Monday after their 4th week of games (bye weeks would count as a week)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2 IR spots, out minimum of 4 weeks with everything you said , basically same as last year is fine.

omareasy34

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2 IR spots, out minimum of 4 weeks with everything you said , basically same as last year is fine.
Agree with Tony on this. I am fine with whatever though.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our benches are so deep, not sure it's even played into my roster decisions much honestly. Plus college injury information is so spotty.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it worked out well last year and fine with the tweaks mentioned above. Most leagues have an IR with them nowadays. This would also give us the ability to tweak it and refine it between the one IR and two IR spots but I think what we did last year was simple and easy and two spots makes sense to me. I like the 4 week thing.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the 2 IR spots.

Navin101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College injury updates are so bad. I'm good with the two spots IR tweak.