• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

interesting video of Refs screwing us in Seattle

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only watched the first half of it, but this video is a joke. It has no merit.

You're a patriots fan, so I'll forgive your understanding of the rules. You aren't use to them being properly enforced against your team.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I dont know about the whole rigged thing. There is a ton of money involved in the business though and easily there could be corruption. It's been seen in other sports and sometimes things dont seem right

Yep. That's true. I didn't think it could happen in the NBA.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didn't hit him. He rolled up under and the punter landed on him. If the punter's momentum is where the contact comes from, it doesn't matter that it's the plant foot. It's not a personal foul.

(1) Mike Pereira said that the referees screwed up this call.
(2) Mike Pereira knows more about the rules than you do

Therefore, from premises (1) and (2), we can conclude the following: You're clearly wrong.

QED.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he didn't hit him. He rolled up under and the punter landed on him. If the punter's momentum is where the contact comes from, it doesn't matter that it's the plant foot. It's not a personal foul.

what fucking play did you watch, you can clearly see andy lees leg is on the ground and the seahawk player dives into his leg. not sure where you saw the seahawk player laying on the ground and lee landed on him.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roughing the punter was kind of bad. This one stinks to high heaven though - The NFL should be forced to give an explanation for a 58 second gap between the end of a play and Seattle calling a time out. There probably should have been a punt instead of a touchdown.

(15:00) (Shotgun) 3-R.Wilson pass short left to 86-Z.Miller to SF 35 for 15 yards (25-T.Brown, 53-N.Bowman).
Timeout #1 by SEA at 13:52.
4-7-SF 35
(13:52) (Shotgun) 3-R.Wilson pass deep right to 15-J.Kearse for 35 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Penalty on SF-99-A.Smith, Defensive Offside, declined.

:wtf2:

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moral of the story--- Refs were clearly calling the game in Seattle's favor. Everytime it seemed the niners were going to put the game away, the refs would call something to keep them in the game.

Having said that- can't dwell on it- it's over.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep ran out at 11:12 then on 3rd & 1 the refs called a delay of game on Kaep at 10:38. Thats only 34 seconds and the play clock is 40 seconds. What happened to the other 6 seconds??? 49ers got a delay of game and the next play Kaep fumbled.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this will be the last thread complaining about officiating in the NFC Championship game and dwelling over the rough loss. Time to move on.....

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made it til the 7 minute mark...dumb, there are bad calls/no calls in every game that go both ways.

this video is just 15 minutes of butthurt

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I do have a problem with the clock if it's actually true. Other than that, it is what it is. Time to move on and focus on getting better.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have a problem with the clock if it's actually true. Other than that, it is what it is. Time to move on and focus on getting better.

I was wondering what happened there when it happened. But then I guess I got distracted by the fumble. I didn't put those two together. I think they started the 40 seconds when he went out of bounds (when that is wrong) and stopped the clock as they should. So re watching it and counting the seconds, it was 40 seconds, but they're not supposed to start the clock until the ball is placed. The play clock starts when the game clock starts, right?

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep watching the highlights and there is no conclusive evidence that there was a ref wearing a #7 jersey for the 49ers at any point during the game.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering what happened there when it happened. But then I guess I got distracted by the fumble. I didn't put those two together. I think they started the 40 seconds when he went out of bounds (when that is wrong) and stopped the clock as they should. So re watching it and counting the seconds, it was 40 seconds, but they're not supposed to start the clock until the ball is placed. The play clock starts when the game clock starts, right?

40-SECOND PLAY CLOCK
Article 1 It is a delay of the game if the ball is not put into play by a snap within 40 seconds after the start of the play clock. The play clock operator shall time the interval between plays upon signals from game officials. The 40-second interval starts when a play ends, unless Article 2 below applies.
25-SECOND PLAY CLOCK
Article 2 In the event of certain administrative stoppages or other delays, a team will have 25 seconds, beginning with the Referee’s whistle, to put the ball in play by a snap or a kick. Such stoppages include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) a change of possession;
(b) a charged team timeout;
(c) the two-minute warning;
(d) the expiration of a period;
(e) a penalty enforcement;
(f) a Try; or
(g) a Free Kick.
A 25-second interval will be used in these situations, even if the 40-second clock is already counting down

https://www.nfl.info/download/2012MediaGuides/2013%20NFL%20Rule%20Book.pdf

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40-SECOND PLAY CLOCK
Article 1 It is a delay of the game if the ball is not put into play by a snap within 40 seconds after the start of the play clock. The play clock operator shall time the interval between plays upon signals from game officials. The 40-second interval starts when a play ends, unless Article 2 below applies.
25-SECOND PLAY CLOCK
Article 2 In the event of certain administrative stoppages or other delays, a team will have 25 seconds, beginning with the Referee’s whistle, to put the ball in play by a snap or a kick. Such stoppages include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) a change of possession;
(b) a charged team timeout;
(c) the two-minute warning;
(d) the expiration of a period;
(e) a penalty enforcement;
(f) a Try; or
(g) a Free Kick.
A 25-second interval will be used in these situations, even if the 40-second clock is already counting down

https://www.nfl.info/download/2012MediaGuides/2013%20NFL%20Rule%20Book.pdf

Maybe someone else who has the whole game recorded can confirm this, but when the game was on and just now, I went back and counted after he steps out of bounds. It was 40 seconds. Now, the clock does stop because he went out of bounds, but 40 seconds after he stepped out of bounds, the play clock went off. I think the refs had this right but the person making this video doesn't know the rules. I don't blame him because I had to ask for confirmation.

As for the 58 seconds that went off the clock on that one play, when are the coaches given the choice of timeout over a delay of game? I have seen that happen before, but I don't know when or why. Only in the last two minutes? Only with formation penalties? Or am I just confused?

I know that that is not what happened in this game. There was a delay and they called a timeout before there was a delay called. (Which never was called.)

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someone else who has the whole game recorded can confirm this, but when the game was on and just now, I went back and counted after he steps out of bounds. It was 40 seconds. Now, the clock does stop because he went out of bounds, but 40 seconds after he stepped out of bounds, the play clock went off. I think the refs had this right but the person making this video doesn't know the rules. I don't blame him because I had to ask for confirmation.

As for the 58 seconds that went off the clock on that one play, when are the coaches given the choice of timeout over a delay of game? I have seen that happen before, but I don't know when or why. Only in the last two minutes? Only with formation penalties? Or am I just confused?

I know that that is not what happened in this game. There was a delay and they called a timeout before there was a delay called. (Which never was called.
)

I don't recall that one, and im not sure I understand your question, but im pretty sure a time out can be called anywhere from 40seconds right up until the ref is getting ready to blow the whistle and throw the flag?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I know that that is not what happened in this game. There was a delay and they called a timeout before there was a delay called. (Which never was called.)

If there's an injury inside two minutes, a team either has to use a TO or there is a ten second run-off. That's the closest I can think of to what you are describing.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
On the whole, I don't put much stock in that video. Some borderline calls, some legitimately bad calls, but most of what this video points out are bogus or very understandable IMO. I think there's very little doubt that the officiating affected the Niners. They still should have won the game and had every opportunity to do so, but the officiating was disappointing.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's an injury inside two minutes, a team either has to use a TO or there is a ten second run-off. That's the closest I can think of to what you are describing.

Thanks, that was it.