• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting stat...what's your take?

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
afaik the 49ers are the only team in the NFL that hasn't had a single game with 30 or more points scored against them all season. The high is 27 (vs. the Cowboys in OT and also the last game vs the Rams in semi-garbage time). This stat underlines the difficulty opponents have scoring against the 9ers. Do you think we can keep that streak intact in the playoffs? Because if so, we have an excellent chance to win any such games.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
afaik the 49ers are the only team in the NFL that hasn't had a single game with 30 or more points scored against them all season. The high is 27 (vs. the Cowboys in OT and also the last game vs the Rams in semi-garbage time). This stat underlines the difficulty opponents have scoring against the 9ers. Do you think we can keep that streak intact in the playoffs? Because if so, we have an excellent chance to win any such games.

I think they'll hold the Saints under 30. 27 is my guess.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope so. If we can't stop Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees we will have a hard time winning. Our pass Defense has to be at the top of it's game against either of those teams.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it would be nice to see both teams lose and we end up playing the falcons in the nfc championship game..

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we hold rodgers and brees to under 30 points that means akers only has to connect on less than 10 field goals to win the game.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we hold rodgers and brees to under 30 points that means akers only has to connect on less than 10 field goals to win the game.

Haha! Hey now didn't we just score TDs on 6 of our last 8 redzone appearances or something?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yes we can. they can get over 30 points IF we turn it over, else don't see them running it up?

can we score 30............hmmm?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes we can. they can get over 30 points IF we turn it over, else don't see them running it up?

can we score 30............hmmm?

I'm not confident but I'm not too worried either. Everytime that we have scored more than 30 points this year, albeit against lower quality teams, we have done it with help from the other teams and factors than pure offense, i.e. defense, special teams, turnovers, and trick plays. The fact that we cannot rely upon these factors (except maybe defense and to some extent special teams (outside of FG and punts - talking about returns)) bars me from being "confident". But the fact that we have on a consistent basis performed well in forcing some turnovers, bending but not breaking, and have gone for it on fourth as well as fake/trick plays, gives me hope that this will continue. Something that hasn't been mentioned much was the Arizona (?) fake field goal attempt where Goodwin converted the fourth down pass from Akers/Lee was at the best point in time as it could be, if not for the stupid challenge. I'm not worried about somehow getting to 30 points as it does not have to be pure offense.

Here's my parallel - many people outside us fans (and including some of us)say "how are they going to score 35 points?!!!", forgetting that we might not have to because of our defense, though I would prefer to have both a great offense and defense. Many people, too, say how are we going to put up points, forgetting that it isn't purely offense, though I would prefer to have a reliable offense. This combination may work out, but as I said, I'm not confident that it will.