• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injury Compensation

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious....

So the other day I was listening to the radio and they mentioned how NFL players have insurance through the union. Then I was thinking, if they get hurt during a game/practice, do they have to go through their insurance or is that a workmans comp type situation? Teams insurance? I got hurt at work and the surgery was fully paid for through workmans comp. Anybody know?

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious....

So the other day I was listening to the radio and they mentioned how NFL players have insurance through the union. Then I was thinking, if they get hurt during a game/practice, do they have to go through their insurance or is that a workmans comp type situation? Teams insurance? I got hurt at work and the surgery was fully paid for through workmans comp. Anybody know?

I am sure the NFL players have great health insurance through the nfl/there team. I am sure a lot of the big time players have insurance on themselves to in case they suffer a career ending injury.

As far as their paychecks though. I was always under the impression that if a player got hurt in team activities (practice, game, ect) and had to miss some games that he would continue to receive his paychecks as if he would if he was playing. Because it was playing football that hurt him. But at the end of the year, if he can still not play they do not have to pay him.

I could be wrong though, This is just what I have always thought it to be.

EDIT: LOL at my rep thanks to greyghost. Some people take these message board things to serious ;)

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure the NFL players have great health insurance through the nfl/there team. I am sure a lot of the big time players have insurance on themselves to in case they suffer a career ending injury.

As far as their paychecks though. I was always under the impression that if a player got hurt in team activities (practice, game, ect) and had to miss some games that he would continue to receive his paychecks as if he would if he was playing. Because it was playing football that hurt him. But at the end of the year, if he can still not play they do not have to pay him.

I could be wrong though, This is just what I have always thought it to be.

EDIT: LOL at my rep thanks to greyghost. Some people take these message board things to serious ;)

don't worry i got your back on that rep thing +1

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha, jeez. How many people did that big baby hit?

Seems like another way to troll on these boards. Some douchebag Packer fan did the same to me. Came here to fight about some thread that someone started that had something to do with the 49ers and Packers... got upset that I wouldn't see things the Packer way on the 49ers board, and hit me with a negative rep.

Although I think I only lost like 100 or so points... not like the 1000 you guys lost... haha.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well they don't really need workman's comp' because they get paid regardless of whether they play or not.

Maybe if they get cut they'd need workman's comp', but that's when players can get injury settlements with their teams. I vaguely remember someone getting an injury settlement from the Niners maybe 6 or 7 years ago...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd hate to see the premiums teams pay for workman's comp