• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injuires

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Say hello to LB Kevin Pierre-Louis who is a fourth round pick and he had three tackles, one for a loss. As it looks like both Malcom Smith and Bobby Wanger are going to be out this week. Watched him once he entered the game and he seemed to do well. Also out Unger, Walters, Hill, Miller. And I remember both Carpenter and Sweezy suffered injuries during the game.

Man we can't afford anymore injuries to the middle linebackers core and are all ready weak line continues to get banged up. Hopefully this week no one gets hurt and we start to see some of those back by at least the Kansas game to get ready for AZ.

Here's the current Injury report right now.

Bennett, Michael DE Toe - probable
Chancellor, Kam SS Ankle probable
Coleman, Derrick FB FootOut
Hill, Jordan DT Ankle Out
Lynch, Marshawn RB Not Injury Related probable
Maxwell, Byron CB Calf Out
Miller, Zach TE Ankle Out
Simon, Tharold CB Ankle probable
Turbin, Robert RB Shoulder probable
Unger, Max C Foot Out
Wagner, Bobby LB Toe Out
Walters, Bryan WR Concussion Out
Williams, Kevin DT Not Injury Related probable
Willson, Luke TE Groin probable

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't beat Oakland at home, even with a MASH unit on dense, we don't deserve to even consider the playoffs.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can't beat Oakland at home, even with a MASH unit on dense, we don't deserve to even consider the playoffs.

Right now I dont think there is anyone really in the NFL that stands out as dominate without a bad loss except maybe the broncos and they lost to us. The cowboys just lost at home to the redskins, packers lost to the saints and the eagles just got beat by the cardinals so other than maybe arizona there isnt anyone in the NFC that "deserves" to be in the playoffs

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like only Unger and Wagner are officially ruled out for this week. I guess Coleman too since he is on IR obviously. Smith looks iffy though but I like what I saw from KPL last week. Excited see him get more snaps.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just added Will Tukuafu, who can play FB and DE, to the 53-man roster. Carroll has already said that they won't hesitate to use him as a defensive end (possibly as a means of getting Bennett more plays at defensive tackle to take advantage of his versatility), but it looks like his primary role will be to block for Lynch. Turbin was serviceable at fullback, but I like this move. It frees up Turbin to go back to his natural position and it gives Lynch and co. a big dude to run behind.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articl...practice/6f62adc4-772c-4bc5-98c0-ac30328bab76

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can't get out there then heal up... No reason to force it when we need them back healthy down the stretch...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just added Will Tukuafu, who can play FB and DE, to the 53-man roster. Carroll has already said that they won't hesitate to use him as a defensive end (possibly as a means of getting Bennett more plays at defensive tackle to take advantage of his versatility), but it looks like his primary role will be to block for Lynch. Turbin was serviceable at fullback, but I like this move. It frees up Turbin to go back to his natural position and it gives Lynch and co. a big dude to run behind.

12 Takeaways From Pete Carroll: L.J. Fort, Will Tukuafu signed; Max Unger returns to practice

He was playing for the Niners in the NFC title game right ? Got injured in that game ? I"m wondering if that's the same dude I"m thinking of...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are a problem, but most of them should be back by the time we really need them. Not only should they still beat the Raiders with these issues, but the Giants at home as well.

They need Unger and Miller back if that running game is going to be effective against our division rivals for sure.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was playing for the Niners in the NFC title game right ? Got injured in that game ? I"m wondering if that's the same dude I"m thinking of...

He did play with the Niners, but I think he might have gotten hurt in the 2nd Hawks-Niners regular season game.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
update

Linebackers coach Ken Norton, Jr. confirmed Wednesday that Coyle, an undrafted rookie from Montana, is in line to make his first career start Sunday against Oakland.

Seattle decided to shuffle its linebacker corps with Coyle taking over in the middle and Wright moving back outside opposite Bruce Irvin.

Kevin Pierre-Louis will be the back-up.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
update

Linebackers coach Ken Norton, Jr. confirmed Wednesday that Coyle, an undrafted rookie from Montana, is in line to make his first career start Sunday against Oakland.

Seattle decided to shuffle its linebacker corps with Coyle taking over in the middle and Wright moving back outside opposite Bruce Irvin.

Kevin Pierre-Louis will be the back-up.

Sounds like base D will have a linebacking trio of Irvin-Coyle-Wright and nickel will see Wright and KPL at linebacker with Irvin at DE.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth be told other than Wagner I think our LB corps is pretty interchangeable.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Broncos are the only dominant team without a bad loss? "Maybe AZ". Your logic makes no sense...AZ's only loss is to the one team you concede has been dominant (hence, it can't possibly be "bad"). There's no maybe about it.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out this week: Wagner, Miller, Maxwell, Jeron Johnson, Jordan Hill, Malcolm Smith

Questionable: Okung, Unger, Schilling, Chancellor

I hope we don't have to see our 4th string Center or 3rd string Safety. Yikes

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out this week: Wagner, Miller, Maxwell, Jeron Johnson, Jordan Hill, Malcolm Smith

Questionable: Okung, Unger, Schilling, Chancellor

I hope we don't have to see our 4th string Center or 3rd string Safety. Yikes

Good grief.....

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per PC's presser today looks like next week should look a lot better.

Jeremy Lane, Jeron Johnson, Unger, Schilling and Jordan Hill should be back.

Okung and Chancellor should have a chance to be back as well.

No Wagner, Smith or Miller this week although seems like all could get back in the next few weeks.

Carp has a sprained ankle and seems iffy this week.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few Seahawks injury-related notes from coach Pete Carroll's appearance on 710 ESPN Seattle's "Brock and Salk" Monday morning:

• Strong safety Kam Chancellor and linebacker Malcolm Smith will practice this week. Both have missed the last two games with groin injuries. "Both those guys have got to make it through the week but they'll both be practicing to show that they can," Carroll said. "Those are great additions to us. We're getting a little bit stronger here."

• Carroll had no update on the the severity of the hamstring injury that forced defensive tackle Brandon Mebane to leave in the first half of Sunday's game. Carroll said it was a pull afterward but was less specific Monday morning, calling it "a hamstring issue" and saying the team doesn't know enough about it yet to offer a prognosis. Carroll's comments, though, indicated that Seattle's defensive line is preparing to play without Mebane. "I don't like the fact that Mebane is banged up because he's been such a steady force," Carroll said. "But we'll still stay big inside. Those guys will play in there, you'll see Tony (McDaniel) and Kevin (Williams) play and they'll do a nice job for us, and you'll get a little bit more of Jordan Hill."

• Linebacker Bobby Wagner will run on the ground this week for the first time since injuring his toe a month ago.

• From the sounds of it, tight end Zach Miller isn't as far along in his recovery from the ankle injury that required surgery and has sidelined him for the past six games. "Zach is continuing to work," Carroll said. "It's not coming back fast."