• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In the 2011 NHL Draft...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really thought Hopkins was gonna be a bust, I expected him to be similar to Scott Gomez but he has surprised me with his goal scoring. He's still been mismanaged and rushed up. got hurt and is suffering through a bad team. I do not like teams that bring up players into a failing environment. It leads to so many bad habits that usually cant be fixed

That's why I think Florida is finally on the right track as a franchise. The guy that built the Chicago Blackhawks cup team is in there now, brought in a bunch of talented guys, and Jonathan Huberdeau is working on his game in the minors instead of being rushed up and relied on to carry the team.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
looking back though say larrson does go to albany right now with talendar out and other injuries before that. everyone would be wanting him up here now. even without people demanding that im sure lou wouldve brought him up. would half a season in the ahl made a difference?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Larsson will be fine. How many other 19 y/o defensemen on planet earth are better than him right now? Zero.

Also, the biggest factor is his GP.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=118565

Look at his pro career. He's already played more games this season (and probably in less time than full seasons in Sweeden) than he has at any point in his career. He'll get there.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think Florida is finally on the right track as a franchise. The guy that built the Chicago Blackhawks cup team is in there now, brought in a bunch of talented guys, and Jonathan Huberdeau is working on his game in the minors instead of being rushed up and relied on to carry the team.

They're definately on the right track. C Nick Bjugstad is going to be a beast.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kid cant beat out peter harrold for a playoff spot?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also clean coaching staff. Robbinson oates and any former devils that hold coaching jobs. I would let the new gm decide if pdb stays.

There are just too many playoff flops changes have to be made. esp if this team cant win tomorrow. Shit pens canucks avoid a sweep on the road. Chicago and Boston win on the road in overtime. If this team comes out and lays an egg. That seriously the last straw. I will be shocked at how many on here dont agree with this

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Peter Harold has been playing pretty well in the playoffs IMO. Also, Larsson was playing well, got hurt, came back, wasn't the same, and now hasn't played for a month. It would be pretty tough to put any 19 y/o in that position, let alone a defenseman. The guy who needs to sit is Volch who already has slow foot speed to begin with, and is clearly not 100% healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Volz is slow out there and a liability(as shown) but he plays and throws himself at the pucks... wish he wasn't hurt or anything...

fuck wish Tallinder was playing....

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Volz is slow out there and a liability(as shown) but he plays and throws himself at the pucks... wish he wasn't hurt or anything...

fuck wish Tallinder was playing....

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Ain't that the truth. Biggest injury of all.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i guess. but somehow i think if he is a future he should be out there getting some serious experience.

o btw kriger nyr? out there in the final moments of the game protecting the lead....also scored the gwg.

not saying that either will be better then the other but just strange how both cases are being handled

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i guess. but somehow i think if he is a future he should be out there getting some serious experience.

o btw kriger nyr? out there in the final moments of the game protecting the lead....also scored the gwg.

not saying that either will be better then the other but just strange how both cases are being handled

Don't forget that Kreider is also a few years older than Larsson. He's a rookie, but has been playing at BC for a few years. Kreider's a good player too. Honestly, we don't have all the information on Adam, so who knows what's going on. It's realistically possible, that just having to take off for those two weeks got him out of playing shape.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Come on there's no excuse. People said at the draft hes the most nhl ready he played with men in Europe at 17. If missing those weeks got him out of game shape hold somr practices.

Just no excuse not to have him out there

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if showed more drive or something.... don't be a viewer, be the part!

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Come on there's no excuse. People said at the draft hes the most nhl ready he played with men in Europe at 17. If missing those weeks got him out of game shape hold somr practices.

Just no excuse not to have him out there

They absolutely did not say that. Landeskog was always described as the most NHL ready player in the draft.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still convinced he's hurt. I really don't think it was a lower back injury on the Subban hit. More likely a concussion that was misdiagnosed and they have been keeping him out as a result. That's my theory and I'm sticking with it.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't have the link to the draft but the feed I had that's the claim they maid

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did say Larsson was NHL ready but they said Landeskog was the most NHL ready because of his size, skill set and the fact he played in North America.