• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In need of serious help

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team is the walking wounded right now, and I have been reduced to streaming hitters. Here is a list of my injured guys:

Tulo
Mitch Moreland
Aaron Hill
Gyorko
Corey Hart
Granderson

That, along with day to guys like Marte and Crisp are absolutely crippling my offensive output at the moment. Most of the best available players on the wire are platoon guys like Colby Rasmus, Jeff Baker and Will Venable. Unfortunately, Baker sat last night and Rasmus and Venable face a ton of lefty SPs in the coming days.

I just agreed to a trade that I don't particularly love, but it helps for now. I send Granderson for Chase Headley straight up now, but I must give up a player to be named later (either Hart or Gyorko) on July 1. That deal will be reflected in the line-up Monday. Hill and Moreland will hopefully be back by Friday, but I need some bats until the reinforcements arrive.

What I need are widely available hitters with ideal match-ups who are likely to succeed on the day I start them. I need power more than I need speed, but any live bat that is in the line-up is preferable to nothing. All moves must be made a day in advance, so any pick up I make today will be used tomorrow.

The two spots I need to fill are IF and UTIL. I have Profar and Rasmus there right now, but I need to drop Rasmus today since he faces 3 lefties in a row.

Any ideas of players for me to grab for Sunday and Monday?

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the best guy for this...on the road and really can't check out matchups.
I copied a link for you...

Daily Hitter Projections From Hitter-Tron

He does this sort of thing for daily matchups...maybe it'll help?
Sorry I can't do more. Good luck

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the best guy for this...on the road and really can't check out matchups.
I copied a link for you...

Daily Hitter Projections From Hitter-Tron

He does this sort of thing for daily matchups...maybe it'll help?
Sorry I can't do more. Good luck

That is very helpful. Was not aware of this resource. Thanks.

I am compiling a list of all starters as we speak so I can look at lifetime batter vs. pitcher data. I accidentally happened upon Rasmus vs. Axelrod earlier in the week and it got me a HR. Rasmus is now 5-7 with 3 HRs vs. Axelrod for future reference.

I am hoping to find a match-up like that somewhere tomorrow.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Razzball is the first thing I read every morning. Probably for the past 5 years anyway. Their daily recaps always have just the right amount of humour to put a smile on my otherwise grumpy morning face :)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Carp available? He seems to be the current fascination...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Carp available? He seems to be the current fascination...

He was picked up within the last couple days. Good idea though.

Does anyone know the deal with Mayberry from the Phillies? He does not play everyday, but he could be the answer in Colorado against Chacin if in the line-up. Chacin is a righty though, so what are the chances that he sits?

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was picked up within the last couple days. Good idea though.

Does anyone know the deal with Mayberry from the Phillies? He does not play everyday, but he could be the answer in Colorado against Chacin if in the line-up. Chacin is a righty though, so what are the chances that he sits?

He started Friday vs a righty. If he plays tonight then he'll most likely be off Sunday. If he's not playing tonight I say he's got a 60% chance of starting Sunday. I'd rather have him in there vs a lefty though.

2 little looked at names for Monday
Gregor Blanco at home vs Cashner on Monday (good @ home vs righties)
Elliot Johnson @ Cleveland vs Ubaldo (.347 Road BA)
Both players have been hot for the past week so if they're playing you may be able to squeeze another game out of them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He started Friday vs a righty. If he plays tonight then he'll most likely be off Sunday. If he's not playing tonight I say he's got a 60% chance of starting Sunday. I'd rather have him in there vs a lefty though.

2 little looked at names for Monday
Gregor Blanco at home vs Cashner on Monday (good @ home vs righties)
Elliot Johnson @ Cleveland vs Ubaldo (.347 Road BA)
Both players have been hot for the past week so if they're playing you may be able to squeeze another game out of them.

I think I may gamble on Mayberry if he sits today. I was also eying Blanco. Thanks.

Need to drop both Profar and Rasmus today. Did not realize Kinsler would be active today.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has vowed to keep Profar in the lineup from what I hear. As a super-utility, he could have great value in these daily leagues. I'd hate to not give it a week to see if he plays 5 of 6 games.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I may grab Venable and Aviles later tonight unless I find a dream match-up. I need to make sure they make it through their games unscathed. Aviles I may hold until someone returns, but I will use Venable's spot to pick up an OF for Monday. (Maybe Blanco).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has vowed to keep Profar in the lineup from what I hear. As a super-utility, he could have great value in these daily leagues. I'd hate to not give it a week to see if he plays 5 of 6 games.

Maybe. Thing is, he hasn't really done much for me while playing every day. I think he is a year or two away from being mixed league relevant. I dropped him last week and he sat unclaimed on the free agent list for a couple days until I picked him up again.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I think I may keep Rasmus long term. He gives me the power I so badly need. I am okay with a platoon guy once the cavalry gets healthy.