• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In first by a game and a tiebreak

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if any of you whiny bitches noticed, but in addition to our unexpected come from behind win, GB also lost badly to NO.

We are a full game up plus all the tie breaks. They have a slightly easier schedule though so we can not let up much. Would love for that last game to not mean anything.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I+feel+good.gif

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^Lmao. Every time you post one of these I start laughing like shit. Lol

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are definitely in the driver's seat.

One thing that helps us is that Arizona, San Fran, and Seattle have only played 1 game between any of them(SF, ARZ), so that means they'll have to beat up on each other basically diminishing each others hopes for a wild card. 2.5 game lead on CAR/NO.

So, even if we don't win the division, with 8 games left, it would take almost as bad of a collapse as last year not to make the playoffs. And from there, I'd be confident against anybody.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that our four remaining home games are all SHOULD win games.

Our four remaining ROAD games are another story. @ AZ and @ NE back to back and @ Chicago and @ GB, back to back, to end the season. (Thats a bitch of a way to finish it out. Hopefully DaBears dont figure out how to play D over the next six games.)Four of the Six toughest games on the entire schedule (@ Carolina and home against GB being the other two IMO.)are still left to be played.

The one game lead is great, the tie breaker isn't really something I would have thought about without it being mentioned.

Thought we'd go 10-6 when the season started. Figured we'd be 5-3 right now. (Vikes game, nice work Staff.) Id gladly take 5-3 the rest of the way. 11-5 might just win the division. Real good chance if one of the Ws is in week 17. (Hard to imagine GB going 12-4 if the lose to us twice. Doesn't leave any room for them to lose to anyone else.)

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're seeing eye to eye on this one Smitty. I'd be very pleased to go 5-3 the rest of the way. I'm expecting to com out and take that Miami game and Im hoping to steal at least one of games between Arizona and N.E. We need to show we can beat teams like that on the road. I'd like to think we can take those home games and get a win streak going there. As a coach, I'd have that stretch circled as it may play a heavy role with the playoffs.

I want the last games is Chicago and GB to be meaningless for us. The last thing we need is for us to be needing a win in GB to get in. I think we got this though.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit I'm still not a believer. We're two extremely lucky wins from being .500 and a game behind in the division. If the offense turns it around after the bye week then the playoffs are pretty realistic, but if Calvin can't play like himself for at least 6 of the remaining games I could see yet another second-half collapse.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anything is out of the realm of possibility. The final 8 is pretty tough especially on the road. We could easily lose 3 of 4 on the road. That puts immense pressure on us to win at least 3 of 4 at home if not all 4. I am not as optimistic as you might think either. I see us now going 4-4 in the second half and ending up 10-6. 1 game better than my preseason prediction. That may not be good enough so playoffs are not guaranteed.

I am hoping that the injuries do not cost us too much. Fairly probably wont be back until December. Bush may never get back to 100%. Many DBs are not coming back at all. On the plus side we rested Megatron and hopefully that should pay off. Riddick is also becoming a difference maker and hopefully he gets to 100%. Van Noy will overtake Palmer in no time.

Its going to be interesting that is for sure.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why everyone keeps saying we have lucky wins.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not lucky wins, EXTREMELY lucky wins. The Atlanta game was given away by their idiot coach, who should have been fired for monumental stupidity this week.

The NO game was similarly lost by NO stupidity rather than won by the Lions being the better team. If they run out the clock at the 3 minute mark they win.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one ever took anything away from other teams when Schwartz was being stupid.

But yeah. Mike Smith. Holy crap. What was that?

Actually, I'll tell you what it was. People have seen Stafford pull a rabbit out of his ass too many times. Smith didn't want to give him that chance. In other words, he made decisions based on fear. Never a good thing in my book. He'll make someone a good coordinator next year.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you not watch the past two games? On the other hand they had an unlucky loss to buffalo.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one ever took anything away from other teams when Schwartz was being stupid.

Agreed. I smell a rat too. Too many on here celebrating our losses (and almost being disappointed in our wins) and giving other teams high praise for beating us the same way we are beating teams now. :wtf2:

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant agree with the lucky stuff. In order to win both the games, the team had to impose their will at some point in the come back. Dont you have to score 19 to get to 22? I guess the 19 was lucky too. Nobody told Brees to throw an interception late in the Saints game.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant agree with the lucky stuff. In order to win both the games, the team had to impose their will at some point in the come back. Dont you have to score 19 to get to 22? I guess the 19 was lucky too. Nobody told Brees to throw an interception late in the Saints game.

Yeah 16 of the 19 were great and well earned. It was the last three where they got really lucky. The falcons screwed up, they had the ball and the game, detroit got lucky the falcons got a holding penalty and a dropped pass. Lions should have never gotten the ball back. It was an awesome win no doubt, loved it and am still shocked they came back, but at the end of the day they lucked out. Its nice to see the lions winning these types of games.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm happy with the wins.

What I am wondering is, though, can we expect that performance and the other teams' strategic errors in every close game? Is the team good enough to beat NO playing the way they did 4 games out of 10? Should they beat Atlanta down 21-0 at the half 5 games out of 10?

I say no in both cases.

Agree that if we had a decent high-school placekicker on the roster we'd have won in Buffalo. So maybe the team is one win ahead of where their play should place them.

I want the team to go 8-0 in the second half. I am just not sure they're the better team in more than 4 of those games with the way the offense is playing now and with Fairley out for several weeks.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A win is a win, but sometimes how you win can foreshadow what's upcoming.

Remember last year after the cowboys and bears games everyone was talking about how we should be 8-1 instead of 6-3 because the punter in the Bengals game, and not having Calvin in the Packers game.

From there, the predictions were strong, when in reality we got "lucky" in the Redskins win because they were about to run out the clock and RG3 didn't know how to slide and fumbled the ball allowing us to win, and the same in the Dallas game when they had that holding penalty to stop the clock.

People saying we should a been 8-1 or 7-2, when we probably should've been 4-5, and we were playing very inconsistent, which remained the theme down the stretch.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pack travels to Buffalo, Tampa Bay & Minnesota. They get the Bears, Eagles, Pats, Falcons and us at Lambeau. How many of those do you think they lose if Rodgers is healthy ? Their schedule is much easier than ours. I don't see any way we win the division unless we beat the Pack again. As for the WC, who knows.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pack travels to Buffalo, Tampa Bay & Minnesota. They get the Bears, Eagles, Pats, Falcons and us at Lambeau. How many of those do you think they lose if Rodgers is healthy ? Their schedule is much easier than ours. I don't see any way we win the division unless we beat the Pack again. As for the WC, who knows.

I'm pretty sure 12-4 will get the Lions in there somewhere.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Its funny because if we wouldve beat the Saints and the Falcons badly, the discussion today would be that Graham didnt play much and Atlanta flat out sucks and nobody would be convinced for such and such reasons. I find it much harder to rally and come back from behind than to dominate a team.

If a couple of close wins in fact give us implications on whats ahead then we better not show up in N.E and fold up now.