• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

impressed with peter konz

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've been hoping we could snag brewster in the late 2nd but konz might be the best center prospect i've ever seen. i think he'll be gone by the time we draft at 32:-)finger:) but at around 20sh he could be bpa and given how bad our line has been at picking up blizters, u could argue he would fill our 2nd biggest need on offense.

if we can move up 5-7 spots using our 3rd for konz, i think it would be a great pick up

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
For some reason Brewster was being touted as the best C prospect in NCAA, but when I watched him I didn't see it. I always thought Konz was more impressive than Brewster despite being a junior. Too bad he won't be in the draft; C might be the weakest spot on the OL. I forget who posted the Niners' sack plays (thank you for that BTW), but in the Cards' game alone I counted 2 sacks where Goodwin deserved the primary fault.

That said I'd be ok with Brewster; he's pretty good. He's not the next Mangold like people were saying before the season started, but he's pretty good IMO.

He didn't change his mind about entering the draft did he?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I thought Clyde listed him as staying in his thread. Can't find anything difinitive yet...

The dislocated ankle (I've honestly never heard of a dislocated ankle injury) might cause him to fall a little; but then again I don't know how serious that injury is because I've never heard of one.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick, if you watch baseball, think Jason Kendall...it's a NASTY injury, something that looks horrendous and takes forever to get back from.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick, if you watch baseball, think Jason Kendall...it's a NASTY injury, something that looks horrendous and takes forever to get back from.

Yikes. I stopped following baseball many moons ago (because of no salary cap & they all cheat), but I remember Jason Kendall.

Looks like Konz is doing ok with it, but I wonder if the injury will scare away some teams?

What would you rather risk? Drafting an OL who had a dislocated ankle or an OL who had microfracture surgery?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Brewster is great at pulling. Very athletic for a center. He can get to the edge and block down field. But I worry about his pass blocking. I am a fan of Ohio State. I have seen him a lot. But I think he regressed this year. Don't know if that has anything to do with all the crap that went on, or game planning or what it might be, but he has played better ball then what he has shown this year. Has he topped out? Or did he just have a down year?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way did Konz play against the Ducks? I missed the game.