• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Impact Wrestling

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ordered Slammiversey tonight, although I don't have the fight network to watch Impact Weekly, and I got to say IT WAS BADASS. I enjoyed it.........

UNTIL THE FINAL 5 MINUTES.

I ordered for shock and awe. I got it in spades.

Few good observations:

- Although I do, granted at 6'1 28? I shouldn't be doing it, body shame Dionna Prozzo. She can bring it. Helluva match with Jordyanne Grace 5/5 stars. WWE might have made a mistake and it WILL BE IMPACT WRESTLING GAIN.

-Same with Heath Slater. I always thought that Heath was VASTLY UNDERRATED. Every Chicken shit gimmick he got given, he made Chicken salad sandwiches. Good to see him get a shot.

- Great to see the Machine guns back. One of my favorite TNA tag teams.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to my Rant....

I have been a Fan of EC3 for a while back to the Derek Bateman days. He is a helluva performer and a great character.

When I first saw this "Control the Narrative" Gimmick. I thought that he stumbled on to gold. This has very good legs, IMHO, and could be a defying gimmick.

The Good Brothers are a helluva team and can go....

My issue is......

IF THESE GUYS ARE WHO THE PEOPLE WANT TO SEE. WHY GIVE THEM 2 MOVES, 1 aided, AND 15 SECOND VIGNETTE?

That is Horrible Business Practice.

I would have had a match lined up for Gallows and Anderson. I would have found a way to insert EC3 in the Championship match.

Don't get me wrong. I feel that Eddie Edwards is a good choice for Champ but I think more should have been done with those 3.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to my Rant....

I have been a Fan of EC3 for a while back to the Derek Bateman days. He is a helluva performer and a great character.

When I first saw this "Control the Narrative" Gimmick. I thought that he stumbled on to gold. This has very good legs, IMHO, and could be a defying gimmick.

The Good Brothers are a helluva team and can go....

My issue is......

IF THESE GUYS ARE WHO THE PEOPLE WANT TO SEE. WHY GIVE THEM 2 MOVES, 1 aided, AND 15 SECOND VIGNETTE?

That is Horrible Business Practice.

I would have had a match lined up for Gallows and Anderson. I would have found a way to insert EC3 in the Championship match.

Don't get me wrong. I feel that Eddie Edwards is a good choice for Champ but I think more should have been done with those 3.

I think the idea was to sell people on watching the weekly TV show. It makes sense. They had teased surprises for this show for about a month now. All smart mark fans know about all the WWE releases and would tune in to see who would show up. So its Impact's job to give you a reason to keep watching beyond just tonight.

And it worked, at least for me. Was the first Impact show I've watched in forever. It was fairly good (women's title match was outstanding). Not great, but I'm intrigued by what I saw enough to where I'll keep tabs on Impact now.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody else watch both Impact and AEW since they started the crossover storylines? Or am I the only one?

I'm currently up to the Feb. 3rd episode of Dynamite.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody else watch both Impact and AEW since they started the crossover storylines? Or am I the only one?

I'm currently up to the Feb. 3rd episode of Dynamite.

I started but I stopped. Just don't care for Impact. I just read the highlights to keep tabs on the Crossover stuff

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been into the rasslin' as far back as I can remember. my granny got me into, she loved it. We both thought it was real. Her favorite was Edouard Carpentier the Flying Frenchman (actually a Canadian). While she hated Freddie Blassie, yep, the old WWA out of LA.

Knew about Bruno Sammartino, "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers, Killer Kowalski, Verme Gagne because of all the magazines back in the day.

Anyway....

The best of times was the 60;s but the best of times for TV rasslin' was the 80's we had....

AWA....Nick Bockwinkle, The Rockers
UWF....Steve "Dr.Death" Williams, One Man Gang
World Class...Texas...The Freebirds, The Von Erichs
WWF.....Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant
WCW....Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes
CWA.....Memphis...Jerry "King" Lawler, Randy "Macho Man" Savage

I will always be a rasslin' fan but it has never been harder than this last year, I will blame this pandemic crap.

It took over a year but it finally happened I do prefer the AEW over the WWE, never have warmed up to Impact.

Did like New Japan but it's no longer on any station I get anymore.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some genuinely surprising shit went down at the Slammiversary ppv tonight. After Kenny Omega beat Sami Callihan to retain the Impact Title, the Bullet Club logo flashed on the screen and out came JAY WHITE.

They also teased their next PPV, Bound For Glory, with the logos of AEW, NJPW, and AAA so it looks like it might be a super show involving all the companies.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some genuinely surprising shit went down at the Slammiversary ppv tonight. After Kenny Omega beat Sami Callihan to retain the Impact Title, the Bullet Club logo flashed on the screen and out came JAY WHITE.

They also teased their next PPV, Bound For Glory, with the logos of AEW, NJPW, and AAA so it looks like it might be a super show involving all the companies.
Apparently after the show went off the air, FinJuice tried attacking Jay White. For that PPV, I'm wondering if it'll basically be all of the NJPW guys that are usually on Strong. I'd be shocked to see them sending over any of the big names like Ibushi, Naito or Okada, etc... I figure maybe some of the older guys that've been appearing lately like Kojima or Nagata would be likely as well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TNA is back.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nic Nemeth (Dolph Ziggler) signed with TNA!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mustafa Ali is in TNA now.

They're putting together a solid roster

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mustafa Ali is in TNA now.

They're putting together a solid roster
I don't like the way Ali's gimmick is looking, like some politician or something. Ash by Elegance.....just a no from me dog. But Dolph....I mean...Nic Nemeth, he'll hold the title quickly and I'm sure for a while. All TNA needs to do now, is get a TV deal with a major TV station, in my opinion. TNA on TV and you will have a trifecta battle between AEW, WWE and TNA and that, my friend, will bring the glory days of Professional Wrestling back!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. We're back to LOLTNA

Anthem fired Scott D'Amore, despite him literally making the company respectable again

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. We're back to LOLTNA

Anthem fired Scott D'Amore, despite him literally making the company respectable again
Yeah, don’t get that move at all. How dare he think of making the company bigger and more profitable.
Hopefully TK signs him to help with some behind the scenes stuff.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, don’t get that move at all. How dare he think of making the company bigger and more profitable.
Hopefully TK signs him to help with some behind the scenes stuff.

I've seen it suggested by damn near everyone but its the obvious smart move, he should hire him to run ROH.