• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Imbalance Between East and West Is Ridiculous and Unfair

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of a hit should LeBron's legacy take considering he's playing in an era where the EC is without question weaker than it's ever been?

Undoubtedly! And will continue to get weaker after most of key FA's might head west in '14....it's pathetic the imbalance that started in '99 when Lakers started their mini-dynasty

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of a hit should LeBron's legacy take considering he's playing in an era where the EC is without question weaker than it's ever been?

Undoubtedly! And will continue to get weaker after most of key FA's might head west in '14....it's pathetic the imbalance that started in '99 when Lakers started their mini-dynasty

So what about Magic and Kareem playing in a weak Western conference in the 80s? Should their legacy take a hit too?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So KD-Russ, CP3-Blake, Timmy-Tony, James Harden-Dwight Howard and Steph-Klay isn't better than any of those top tier guys in the East? Eh, I think I'd go with the West, I think what makes those guys in the West great is that they get to face great talent every night - in the East, teams like the Heat feast on the bad teams all too often

Lbj plus rio is tied with everyone you just mentioned and teams are 15 players not 2. Despite those combos being arguably better than Hibbert/George the pacers other 13 are right there probably better than the spurs TEAM.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what about Magic and Kareem playing in a weak Western conference in the 80s? Should their legacy take a hit too?

You mean going up against teams that had Mark Aguirre, George Gervin, Artis Gilmore, Alex English, Akeem Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler?? I think most of these cats are in the HOF.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean going up against teams that had Mark Aguirre, George Gervin, Artis Gilmore, Alex English, Akeem Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler?? I think most of these cats are in the HOF.

I had no idea they all played on the same team?

Despite still only having heard of 2 of them I most on the different teams, I now think the 80s Lakers suck due to their weak ass conference.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the past 10 years.

Three Eastern Conference teams have brought home 5 NBA Titles. Miami (3), Boston (1) and Detroit (1).

Meanwhile, three Western Conference teams have brought home 5 NBA Titles. Spurs and Lakers (2 each) and Dallas (1).

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been like that for years. The East is historically weak.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The east has a greater share of Cold Weather and high taxation....

Those are subtle things.

But, it makes enough of a difference in the migration of free agents, top management personnel, scouts, and coaches.

That is a major reason that TEXAS is very successful in basketball despite being a football centric state.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those are subtle things.

But, it makes enough of a difference in the migration of free agents, top management personnel, scouts, and coaches.

That is a major reason that TEXAS is very successful in basketball despite being a football centric state.

Okay dude... this aint about Texass

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those are subtle things.

Plus if you want to claim superiority in basketball as a state maybe one of Texas's million universities should have made the NCAA tournament last season.

Schools from Texas that made the NCAA tournament: 0

LeBronMonsterDunk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat were 25-5 against the vaunted West last season.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Despite still only having heard of 2 of them I most on the different teams, I now think the 80s Lakers suck due to their weak ass conference.

The fact you only heard of only two of them, shows how much you really know.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact you only heard of only two of them, shows how much you really know.

Fair enough, I was born in the 80s not living through it, but what point were you trying to make by picking out a handful of good players on Western teams? Were those individual HOF players supposed to give credence to the Lakers having a tough play off schedule? The Lakers had 2 players often argued as the GOAT and at least 4 HOFers on their rosters.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These things go in cycles. In the 80's, the East was the tougher conference, in 90's it was fairly balanced and now the West is the tougher conference. The only difference is that there wasn't near as much disparity between the 2 conference in the 80's as there is now.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the question included the words Western Conference and I provided you random names on various teams. So what, when it comes down to it, you need one or two superstars surrounded by role players to win a title(see Spurs as an example). That you weren't around to watch the Lakers win 5 titles in the '80's is a darn shame. Showtime will never be the same.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the question included the words Western Conference and I provided you random names on various teams. So what, when it comes down to it, you need one or two superstars surrounded by role players to win a title(see Spurs as an example). That you weren't around to watch the Lakers win 5 titles in the '80's is a darn shame. Showtime will never be the same.

simply put, GREATEST...BASKETBALL...EVER! and before all the rules that have turned into a bit of pussy ball that it is today...:suds:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/trailblazers/statuses/408327384241156096

Last edited by a moderator:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1st, learn how to use the quote button.

I have seen almost every finals game that the Celtics or Lakers played in the 80s, but still a shame that those games are so hard to find.

You do see how you pointing out a handful of players on different teams as the competition for the Lakers with Magic and Kareem and every body else they had on it as weak in comparison, right? You can dog the Heat for a weak East but the Lakers had a very similar weak West.