• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Imagine our Defense with.......

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we need offense and I know I am going to catch some flak for this,

but.....just imagine adding Anthony Barr and Ha Ha Clinton- Dix to our current defense. Think about it?? Our front 7 and our secondary would be awesome. Barr would be an upgrade over Dunbar and Ha Ha would be the guy we have been missing in the middle. Barr is an animal, imagine Laurinaitis, Ogletree and Barr backed by Ha Ha and TJ McDonald!! I'm getting a CHUBBY thinking about this. :nod:
thoughts??....... Bring on them fuc &$##kin 49ers

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrgJgA9ky9TE&ei=0Yq1UqeFOceFkQe0wYHgAQ&usg=AFQjCNGfQPwUXWSWGzXL9dwwLilg6ktXVw&bvm=bv.58187178,d.eW0
^^ this guy is a stud^^

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...w4CADQ&usg=AFQjCNEs8lm4kH_r8lLELklDjtgCub4ttA

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we need offense and I know I am going to catch some flak for this,

but.....just imagine adding Anthony Barr and Ha Ha Clinton- Dix to our current defense. Think about it?? Our front 7 and our secondary would be awesome. Barr would be an upgrade over Dunbar and Ha Ha would be the guy we have been missing in the middle. Barr is an animal, imagine Laurinaitis, Ogletree and Barr backed by Ha Ha and TJ McDonald!! I'm getting a CHUBBY thinking about this. :nod:
thoughts??....... Bring on them fuc &$##kin 49ers

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrgJgA9ky9TE&ei=0Yq1UqeFOceFkQe0wYHgAQ&usg=AFQjCNGfQPwUXWSWGzXL9dwwLilg6ktXVw&bvm=bv.58187178,d.eW0
^^ this guy is a stud^^

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...w4CADQ&usg=AFQjCNEs8lm4kH_r8lLELklDjtgCub4ttA

Won't catch any slack from me I think about this all the time. Rams should go BPA at the top of the draft and Barr might pass Clowney when it's all said and done. He doesn't have work ethic questions like Clowney. If the Rams trade back and Barr and Clowney are gone OLB K. Mack looks to be awful good too. Now Zeke imagine a trade with the browns and getting both their first rd picks... Possibly Barr or Mack, best CB at 14 I like Dennard and HaHA. :omg:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had Barr and HaHa and we added another CB replacing Finnigan our skill and speed would have increased to the point where Laurinaitis wouldn't be on the field in Nickel package where he could actually rest. HaHa TJ
Barr Ogletree
Jenkins Johnson Dennard

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cleveland trade happens, it is not out of the realm of possibilities to secure the services of very talented players on both sides of the ball. With three number ones and an additional third, we could easily pick-up Barr, Kouandijo, Dix, and a QB. We might sacrifice Wadkins unless Fisher holds to his historical axiom of never selecting an O-lineman in the first round. Then we could conceivably end up with Barr, Dix and Wadkins and a QB with this draft. That indeed would be an awesome draft.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think even if we went Barr and Dix with 2 picks, you could easily snag a BEAST of a WR (granted still a step down from Watkins or Evans) in Devonte Parker from Louisville

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we settle for a step-down guy when we can have all three guys in Barr, Wadkins, and Dix if the Cleveland trade does indeed take place and we end up with three number one picks? Is that not more of the same thinking we have all been railing against the Rams about for the last decade?

Last edited by a moderator:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro, I was saying if the trade does not happen with Cleveland that we could look at Parker. Obviously, if we make the deal with Cleveland, we would take Watkins first, but Barr would not be there at #13 and Dix wont be there at #22 (Cleveland's other pick)
I have stated before that IF Cleveland makes that deal then we would be at the mercy of whether Fisher will take a OT in the 1st, although we could go Watkins, DIx and then take Ryan Shazier at #22 (#3 rated OLB) and then go OT in round 2.
Lots of ways to work this.... have I mentioned I love this stuff??

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K. Thanks for the clarification. If the Cleveland deal goes down and Fisher whiffs on an OT in the first, we could still get two out of the three. I see Wadkins, then Barr and then we take another player with our pick at 15 or wherever we are going to wind up. We have to sacrifice Dix because there are other Safeties who are just as good as Dix. Taking Evans over Wadkins I think would be not the BPA but I know you disagree.

Yea I know you like this stuff because like SJ76, you're good at it. That is why I stated you both should apply to the Rams personnel department as college analysts/scouts. We would be in like Flint if you both got hired.

Last edited by a moderator:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the vote of confidence brother!!
Personally I think the best route to take IF the Cleveland deal happens is Watkins or Evans at #6, Lewan or Erving at #14 and then either Kyle Van Noy or Adrian Hubbard at #22 and then take Craig Loston in the 2nd round. I mean I like Dix, but he has been a discipline problem and I am not sure Fisher wants to deal with another round like Janoris Jenkins.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense would continue to be frustrated, watching our offense stall against good defenses. Therefore guess who's on The field the most?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense would continue to be frustrated, watching our offense stall against good defenses. Therefore guess who's on The field the most?

our defense would be phenomenal, sure we need offensive playmakers, but our defense would be comparable to the Ravens of old (with these 2 studs) and would be the youngest in the NFL. Think about it...I guess we are going to learn about out GM/Coach this year, on which way they choose to draft, offense vs defense.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke, I think that Fisher will go defense but if we get the Cleveland deal, I know Snead and Fisher will continue to add offensive pieces as well. Afterall, Fisher played with a pretty good offense and a wildly badass defense when he was a player on the '85 Bear team that won it all. Fisher also had pretty good offenses with the Titans especially when he had McNair and George and when he went to the bowl against us which we won. So, it is very conceivable to expect that Snead and Fisher will add pieces to both sides of the ball this year. It'll just be a case of moreso for the defense.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think fisher is going to have a hard time passing on Matthews with is connection with the family. if we lose Salffold in FA he will probably be the pick. i just hope we can trade down and get some picks take him around 5 if thats how it goes down.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke, I think that Fisher will go defense but if we get the Cleveland deal, I know Snead and Fisher will continue to add offensive pieces as well. Afterall, Fisher played with a pretty good offense and a wildly badass defense when he was a player on the '85 Bear team that won it all. Fisher also had pretty good offenses with the Titans especially when he had McNair and George and when he went to the bowl against us which we won. So, it is very conceivable to expect that Snead and Fisher will add pieces to both sides of the ball this year. It'll just be a case of moreso for the defense.

I hope the trade happens, 3-1st rd. picks would be awesome. The perfect draft would be to land Barr and Watkins. :10:Ok now I'm dreaming,
....and like Couger said, it all depends on Saffolds future. We need to re sign Saffold

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Watkins going around 10 if 3 QB's go in front of him. 3 QB'S, Barr, Mack, Clowney, Matthews, a CB will probably go and a DT. That puts him around 10 right there.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Cougar. It just may work out for us to get Matthews, Wadkins, and Barr in the first which be an excellent draft.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft has more good offensive players than like last year which was more defense.

And Zeke, what good is it to have a great defense (u hope) and gave an offense that continues to get 1st downs against good defenses, especially if your D is on the field most of the game.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate auto spell on ipad.

^^Offense cannot get first downs**

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft has more good offensive players than like last year which was more defense.

And Zeke, what good is it to have a great defense (u hope) and gave an offense that continues to get 1st downs against good defenses, especially if your D is on the field most of the game.

If we could somehow grab Barr and Watkins, then I guess we'd both be happy!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a distinct possibility of getting Barr, Wadkins, and Kouandijo in the first depending on what Houston does and if Cleveland indeed trades with us if we end up with the 2nd overall pick in the first.