• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm thinking extending Anthony Davis was a mistake

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest - he's struggled this year. Today he was just terrible against a middle of the line DE. He was being pushed back all day, and has several lapses in protection assignments. If it was one or two games I'd give him a pass, but he has just hasn't been very good all year. It's part of the reason (he and Goodwin) why our OL hasn't been as good this year.

Honestly, I'd look to trade him in the offseason. He's still young and has proven he can play in the past, but with Boone's ability to kick outside and play well, he's expendable. Staley, Iupati, and Boone are the only keepers on this OL, IMO.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
move boone to RT and davis inside

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
move boone to RT and davis inside

I really thought they were going to do this when Snyder left after 2011-2012. I don't get the impression they think Davis is struggling, however.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete bullshit! He has been the highlight this year. Idk what you have been watching. Honestly even after his contract he has been playing good. Even better than iupati.

He has been just as good as staley. Maybe better.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete bullshit! He has been the highlight this year. Idk what you have been watching. Honestly even after his contract he has been playing good. Even better than iupati.

He has been just as good as staley. Maybe better.

Lol, not even close. He's been, at best, our 4th best OL.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I really thought they were going to do this when Snyder left after 2011-2012. I don't get the impression they think Davis is struggling, however.

Well they probably know he's struggling it's just a matter if they think it's something that he can fix and improve on or is it's going to be all downhill from here.

The one thing about Davis is he's still actually pretty young. He basically just turned 24 two months ago and he's basically a year younger than most of the guys taken in his draft class.

So it's not like the book is completely written on his skills yet either.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, not even close. He's been, at best, our 4th best OL.

Gtfo idk what you are watching Clyde.

Davis is playing a hard position. He has been very good. Where was the mention of this earlier in the year?...........I'll wait for that

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davis has definitely struggled and regressed since last yr but I dont know if I would give up on him. Iupati has regressed from last year as well and hasnt been playing well. He doesn't seem to get singled out as much for some reason.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Does anyone have the numbers from profootballfocus(I think thats what its called) on our lineman? The website where they rank players like +3.4, -1.2, etc.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gtfo idk what you are watching Clyde.

Davis is playing a hard position. He has been very good. Where was the mention of this earlier in the year?...........I'll wait for that

I've seen talking about how he and Goodwin have been struggling all year. More so Goodwin. I haven't mentioned Davis that much because I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt, but after he was abused over and over again today, yhea, I'm gonna talk about it.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has been posted before, but...

shehawks_zpse9918dfe.jpg

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen talking about how he and Goodwin have been struggling all year. More so Goodwin. I haven't mentioned Davis that much because I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt, but after he was abused over and over again today, yhea, I'm gonna talk about it.

Wtf. Show me those posts?

I have seen nothing. Honestly I feel like Davis has been our best besides staley. When you think about our tackles being the best that's crazy. Honestly iupati and Goodwin are the weak link. And they play easier positions.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf. Show me those posts?

I have seen nothing. Honestly I feel like Davis has been our best besides staley. When you think about our tackles being the best that's crazy. Honestly iupati and Goodwin are the weak link. And they play easier positions.

I'm not gonna go searching through my posts so I can prove something stupid to you. Anthony Davis hasn't played well this season. If you disagree, that's fine, but I sure as I hell don't think he has played well at all.

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have the numbers from profootballfocus(I think thats what its called) on our lineman? The website where they rank players like +3.4, -1.2, etc.

Yes, so far for the year, Davis is graded at +3.2, our 2nd highest OL. Staley is a ridiculous +25.5. Iupati is the only OL who has graded negatively at -1.4. Boone is +1.1, Goodwin is +1.2, and Snyder is +1.9. These don't include this week's game.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis has been playing well. I don't know wtf you are seeing. The only Oline I have really seen sucking is Goodwin. Iupati has not been great, but he has also played through a ton of injuries this year to his knees and ankles.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not gonna go searching through my posts so I can prove something stupid to you. Anthony Davis hasn't played well this season. If you disagree, that's fine, but I sure as I hell don't think he has played well at all.

don't agree either on "this SEASON"? but ok, that's also fine on this end. did he have bad games, ok MAYBE today? did he have bad plays this season...no doubt.

but it isn't easy finding NFL OT's, I wouldn't rush to trade him.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, people obviously need to be paying more attention to his play. His side of the line is constantly being pushed back. He's not playing TERRIBLE, but he's struggling in comparison to last year, and given his contract, I'd rather trade him and then (easily) plug in Boone on the right side.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, so far for the year, Davis is graded at +3.2, our 2nd highest OL. Staley is a ridiculous +25.5. Iupati is the only OL who has graded negatively at -1.4. Boone is +1.1, Goodwin is +1.2, and Snyder is +1.9. These don't include this week's game.

Thanks for the numbers. That reaffirms what I have been seeing with Iupati and maybe a little harsh on Davis.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Get a good center and the OL problems will go away IMO. Goodwin is crap.

Boone back at RG would help too.