• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'll be MIA

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go Chargers if I were you, since you are a fan....

As a fan of Football, I've rooted for both of those two teams myself. A lot is related because Brees used to play for SD and the Chargers are the closet thing the NFL has to offer to us here in LA.

I never liked the way they treated Brees or Marty and have actually rooted against them during the Turner years but hey jaco, that's all over now...

That said, I will be at the Rams v Chargers game coming up here in a few weeks and make no mistake about it, I will have one of my Rams jersey's on for sure!

I'll be there as well. Lets meet up and have some beers! :suds:

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing is what makes us Rams fans strong.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Rams fan but I'm also a football fan. I'll watch any Thursday, Sunday and Monday night game. When the Rams play at different times, I'll watch a game before or after them.

Jaco, you don't need to pick between the Saints or Chargers, just watch both teams.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its difficult for me...I grew up a dallas fan, but once I found out I had my own brain i became a rams fan after Torry holt got drafted; stuck with the team since then. However I'm tired of this losing mentality and the ineptitude show by the FO that we have which is ran by a overrated GM and a mediocre career coach. This team is going nowhere; just like it has been the last 10 years so rooting for the rams is hard. I was at the Dallas vs saints game and it felt weird being in the section for big blue. The only way I put forth an effort for the rams now is in madden 2015.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams fan since age 9 and a Bills fan since birth (live in Western NY and it's the family team). Losing ways for both teams will never change my allegiance; and I've seen plenty with both.

I've never wavered in MLB (Dodgers, Orioles (local team Rochester Red Wings was AAA for the Orioles all through my youth)) or NBA (Lakers) either. Even though the Red Wings are now affiliated with the Twins, I'm still a fan of the Orioles and just can't get interested in the Twins, other than to follow some of the players that excelled here in Rochester that get called up.

Of course, it's easier to stay with teams like the Dodgers and especially the Lakers, since they rarely bottom out.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't root for another team even if I wanted to. My grandfather was a Rams fan, my father was a Rams fan, so I'd feel disloyal if I switched allegiance now. With that being said, sometimes you just have to put it down and get away from it for awhile. Too much emotional investment to be constantly disappointed week after week, year in and year out. It just wears you out, and it definitely warps your perspective on what's important. Perhaps we all just need to step back and realize after all this is ONLY a game. If our team wins or loses, doesn't mean we are any smarter, better, richer, or more adept at evaluating football talent than any other fan, regardless of their team.

It's all perspective. I would trade the Rams Super Bowl victory for the assurance of my family's long term health in a heartbeat.

In the context of spectator sports, yeah the Rams are important to me. In the context of life, they are very low on the priority list. Think about it, why should we get so upset because a bunch of millionaires lose a football game? Sometimes I think we get more upset than the team or the players do. After all, they are still going home to their fancy cars and houses and huge paychecks.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro talks some about a culture of losing. And how it relates to the Rams organization. And I agree with him. This is something that can rear its head anywhere in life, work, or sports teams. And I believe to a certain degree it has infested this board. I take Blues out look, I am a Rams fan and that's that. To those who wish to leave I wish you wouldn't but I bid you farewell. I believe the Rams are starting to shake off the shackles of losing. We shall see. :suds:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my avatar, I will never change, lose 16 and I still won't change. Cancer will kill me but the Rams will never because loyal is life, family, passions and God. Win, lose or draw it is entertainment and passion, just need to know the difference. Good luck Jacob, love you takes.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my avatar, I will never change, lose 16 and I still won't change. Cancer will kill me but the Rams will never because loyal is life, family, passions and God. Win, lose or draw it is entertainment and passion, just need to know the difference. Good luck Jacob, love you takes.

"To everything there is a season.' :hug:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Ozark, Blue, and Boss on this one. Excellent equalizing perspectives and I have been a Ramsfan waaaaayyyyy toooo lllooonngggg to go anywhere just like Blue in the latter regard. I am telling, you, this Davis kid is going to undue this entrenched culture of losing that has plagued since the Queen Idiot infected a once proud franchise with his competitiveness, determination, and energy in at the QB position that is the point man in today's NFL.

Guys like Fred Dryer and Jack Youngblood have it correct. There is a lot of sweat equity in those horns and it just takes guys like the former three mentioned to start believing that things can be different just like when Vermeil and Warner and the GSOT showed up along with that Lovie Smith defense. We are close so hang tough as Vita always encourages us to do!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad there are those who have agendas here working every angle to
either self promote or attempt to tear down others in their process.

Yes these people should be tied up and given wedgies for a 24 hour period. Then forced to run around in a Rams speedo for the rest of the week.

Now I don't blame people for being frustrated with this organization. It's maddening and some people have more anxiety than others. But I think a lot of it was venting and you will see these people again soon.

Not everyone can be as loyal or love the game as much as we do.

Sooner or later the Rams will get a few guys in the lockerroom that have the WILL to win and REFUSE to lose. Michael Jordan had that. And that's why he was the best ever to lace them up. And that's why I like a QB with FIRE and the game to back it up.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tied up for 24 hours and given wedgies....Your killing me SJ76!!!:pound:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a football fan for a long long time shop. I'm not quitting I'm simply letting go atm. When the rams get their shot together I'll be there.
Make no mistake I'm still a fan but I have better things to do on my Sunday than be pissed off because this organization can't get their shit together.

come on Jacob, what are you like 17 years old?? holly crappe!! :bawling:

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how one can make it through the stink of the 90's Rams and give up now...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alls I want to know Jaco, am I looking for someone at the San Diego game wearing a Chargers jersey or a Rams jersey? :noidea:

We will definitely hook up and have a few beers!! :suds:

Retro, have you made plans to attend the game in San Diego yet?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:

You're our Boy Blue!

GOD's blessed you man!

:suds:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Jacob....Turning away from this mess called Rams football is a natural reaction. A person gets to the point to where they just can't stand it any longer. I unfortunately can't seem to turn away because I'm a masochistic glutton for punishment kind of fan. :lol:
Filthy Niners vs the Rams on MNF for a glutton for punishment guy......priceless. :nod: