• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you could take one Devils player off the team..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would you choose?

For me at the beginning of the year it was Palmieri. Out of all of our young guys he never really gave me anything to look forward to. He wasnt bad but he was nowhere near what Henrique is when he was playing with Kovy last season.

But now since he isnt with the team anymore Id have to go with Mark Fayne. The guy doesnt do anything right. Mike Mottau 2.0 in my opinion and I love our D this season. Best they've played since the golden days. But Fayne has to either improve or be gone when (if) Andy Greene gets back.

Always like to hear from other Devs fans who they think is the weak link on our team. Not many choices this season and thats a great thing.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah to me though fayne and palmeri suck and never expected anything from them. Its a sham that palmeri was even paired with kovalchuk. And fayne is a 6th d man at best. By the way that new guy foster is horrible.

To me and i dont want to start a fight...but the only position we aren't young at nor are we getting younger is goal. After this year i want Marty to retire. We have seen with clemmenson and moose this year even last year the team can live without him. I dont think this organization can move on with him still here

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK I like Foster..for what we gave up for him I think we came outta that trade pretty well even though he hasnt shown much so far. I have hope.

As for Marty yeah I agree this should be his last season. Whether we go out and sign another goalie or have Wedgewood take over next season is up in the air. Neither sounds too appealing right now.

Id love for the Devs to call up Wedgewood and give him 5 starts or so before the end of the season but I doubt that would happen.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would remove Fayne as well.... He is horrible and a total waste of a roster spot, I still like Palm but he just isn't ready for top 6 minutes yet as for Foster I like his cannon of a shot but he is a little scary in his own end and I agree with looking elsewhere for a goalie next year Marty just doesn't have it anymore

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Wedgewood... he just got fucked up in the Canada game

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Saw that. They scored on him and then Wedgewood took a knee to the head. 3rd should be a wild period.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There you go, dirty play by Connolly. I expect this game to get even more ugly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruskies blowing it!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't understand the question. Is this a who we should get rid of because they're the worst player? If Yes, I'd say Janssen or Boulton.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the question. Is this a who we should get rid of because they're the worst player? If Yes, I'd say Janssen or Boulton.

Basically a fancy way of asking who's your least favorite player on the team.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Basically a fancy way of asking who's your least favorite player on the team.

Because if your question was by trading Kovy could we keep Parise, the answer would be yes.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly highly doubt, with the pure SALARY, not just cap room but budget room, that Kovys contract will ever have half an ounce of an impact on zachs, regardless of how much people would like to think it does.

That said, for the question.... for me I've gotta go w maybe tallinder right now.

I love what he's capable of but I simply just don't think he's doing it right now.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah to me though fayne and palmeri suck and never expected anything from them. Its a sham that palmeri was even paired with kovalchuk. And fayne is a 6th d man at best. By the way that new guy foster is horrible.

To me and i dont want to start a fight...but the only position we aren't young at nor are we getting younger is goal. After this year i want Marty to retire. We have seen with clemmenson and moose this year even last year the team can live without him. I dont think this organization can move on with him still here

As high of hopes as I have for Wedgewood, he's probably still 2 years away, I wouldn't doubt it if you see moose back one more year, or a different free agent vet, with kinkaid

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to go with Janssen.... I have NO clue what he brings other than fights and penalties...

Seems the 4th line is a waste or being used as one.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Got to go with Janssen.... I have NO clue what he brings other than fights and penalties...

Seems the 4th line is a waste or being used as one.

I agree, i'd say Janssen also for that reason.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit I'm a little suprised by the fayne heat, I think he's taken leaps and bounds from last year

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I highly highly doubt, with the pure SALARY, not just cap room but budget room, that Kovys contract will ever have half an ounce of an impact on zachs, regardless of how much people would like to think it does.

That said, for the question.... for me I've gotta go w maybe tallinder right now.

I love what he's capable of but I simply just don't think he's doing it right now.

We'll see what happens. Ownership obviously has something to do with this while no contract thing. I guess if Bryce leaves that 2.9 in real cash that's available in Parise dollars. But you can't forget that at the end of this season Kovy goes from getting paid 6M to 11M. So With Kovy going up 5 and assuming Zach get 7.5 in real dollars that 6.5M in additional money that needs to be offset. I don't know how much of an impact that has on JVB who can't make interest payments atm.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see what happens. Ownership obviously has something to do with this while no contract thing. I guess if Bryce leaves that 2.9 in real cash that's available in Parise dollars. But you can't forget that at the end of this season Kovy goes from getting paid 6M to 11M. So With Kovy going up 5 and assuming Zach get 7.5 in real dollars that 6.5M in additional money that needs to be offset. I don't know how much of an impact that has on JVB who can't make interest payments atm.

Ah good point, for some reason I thought this was the year Kovy jumped to 11 mil. Apologies. And yes its definately ownership based... at least from the teams end. I would suspect however if zachs wants to stay he's going to find a way to stay so my money is on it depending not solely, but greatly on winning from zachs end.

Also don't forget Marty comes off the books this year as well, and even if he stays I think he won't be making more than a mil, as a give back to the club, not based on performance at all but to simply help balance things out for the money situation.

God I hope peltz buys our debt.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll admit I'm a little suprised by the fayne heat, I think he's taken leaps and bounds from last year

I like Fayne. He's sort of averaging out this season between last years first and second half. He was out best defenseman in the second half last year according to Lou, Lemaire, and the media or at least tied with Tallinder.