• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If You Could Change One Thing.........

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
o yea i was thinking about going back to 1 ref. the problem now is that 2 refs seem to have 2 different ideas of penalties. 1 ref wants to let them play and the other wants to call everything. so here is my list so far.

get rid of automatic slashing for a stick break.

get rid of a double minor for getting cut because it makes no sense.

on a penalty shot give the coach the decision to take the shot or get a powerplay.

decrease the size of goalies pads.

get more national coverage.

keep the cap where it is. if they cut it down by a lot then teams will be so even it would just be insane. the parity they have now is good.

do not call penalties that have nothing to do with the play like if a guy taps another guy on the leg well away from the play.

let the refs decide what is delay of game and what is not. i have seen players slide back into their zone and flip the puck over the glass by accident. and make it no line changes if it is not a penalty.

there are probably others as well.

KindaChang

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Remove the trapezoid. With the removal of the two line pass goalies with passing ability can generate scoring chances for their team on dump-ins. Doesn't the NHL want scoring chances?

Create an embellishment penalty to be called when a player is penalized and flops like a fish. Diving is re-defined to mean when the player is NOT penalized and flops like a fish anyway.

I agree with the allowing teams to have variances in their field size. That was half the fun of high school soccer. Our team ran with the maximum field size (same as FIFA) and other teams players would give up on balls 10 yards from the sideline.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the delay of game penalty is if you remove it it'll go back to Billy Smith days and every time a team gets tired the goalie can wing it out to get a whistle.

I actually think it will happen more because more goalies can handle the puck nowadays.

So if the rule stays, it's only fair to have it apply to anyone on the ice. I do kinda like the idea of making it like icing, but I'm not sure that solves the winging it out to get a stoppage thing...

And it would be great for teams to be able to make a home ice advantage by changing the surface. But you gotta remember, it's the owners we're talking about. everyone will be playing on old Boston Gardens ice so they can get nine more rows of seats in.

I would also like to see a strict rule of the person who was hooked, pulled down, etc and is awarded a penalty shot HAS TO BE the one to take it (unless they are injured, of course). Yes, I am still bitter over Rick Nash not taking the Penalty shot at the Olympics, how did you know?