• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If they miss the playoffs by a game, which is the most painful loss in hindsight

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions at home?

Skins on the road?

Vikings OT heartbreaker?

I mean, all three were absolutely brutal losses in which they outplayed their opponent and beat themselves. All painful for different reasons too.

The Detroit game, the defense actually played okay. We almost beat them with a one legged QB. You HAVE to think if we go to McCown after Cutler hurt the ankle that we would have pulled that out. We were given chance after chance in that game. We scored two touchdowns on three plays on that 4th quarter drive, and came away with a FG after an overturned review and an offensive penalty.

The Washington game, I mean, just a wild game. I guess this one just hurts because it's the freaking Redskins. The Bears lost Tillman, Briggs, and Cutler all in the same game early on. They just weren't ready to handle that. They had sooo many opportunities to get a stop and close the game out.

The Vikings game, okay... obviously this one may have hurt the worse. At the time, we thought it was the end of our season. No explanation needed. God, I can't wait until they knock that dome down. F that place. Also being a White Sox fan, I have so many painful memories in that building. That game was absurd. No excuse for losing that game.

For sheer pain at the time, the Vikings loss was bad. However, considering that we're going head to head with Detroit for the division, that loss was probably more pivotal. Either way, they "woulda shoulda coulda" won all three of these games, and only one of them would have them in first and in control of their own destiny. Possibly even room for error in the final three games.

This has seriously been the least opportunistic football team I have ever seen. How many chances has this team been given to take hold of this division, or put away a football game? MY GOD...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting tidbit. Skins have beaten the SB winners for the past few years. Maybe it's a good sign for y'all that we won that game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting tidbit. Skins have beaten the SB winners for the past few years. Maybe it's a good sign for y'all that we won that game.

Lol, well... That's about the only sign pointing towards a Bears trip to the Super Bowl, but I'll take it.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MInny, definitely. Up 10 in he 4th, they were basically giving us the game.

Interestingly enough, the loss in minny was the hardest one for me to swallo last season. We dropped like 3 td passes and ended up tied at seasons end with them getting the tie breaker.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MInny, definitely. Up 10 in he 4th, they were basically giving us the game.

Interestingly enough, the loss in minny was the hardest one for me to swallo last season. We dropped like 3 td passes and ended up tied at seasons end with them getting the tie breaker.

The Seattle loss was the worst last year.

That was the crossroads. Had lost a couple tough ones to SF and HOU. Beat MIN at home. If they win that game, they're 9-3 and cruising to a division title. Lose it, lose Urlacher and Tillman gets hurt... season crumbles.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easy answer

Either loss to the Vikings, Rams or the Skins would be my choice. 3 easily winnable games. :suds:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the loss against Philadelphia or Greenbay, since we probably would have won with McCown:doh:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they miss by a game it will be because they would have had to lose to Green Bay in the last game of the year. I would make that game the one they should have won.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle loss was the worst last year.

That was the crossroads. Had lost a couple tough ones to SF and HOU. Beat MIN at home. If they win that game, they're 9-3 and cruising to a division title. Lose it, lose Urlacher and Tillman gets hurt... season crumbles.

NO, the worse loss last year was Green Bay v was it Seattle? and that blown official call. That call cost us a post season. Wait, it also cost Lovie his job.. hmmm... Oh man, I don't know.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO, the worse loss last year was Green Bay v was it Seattle? and that blown official call. That call cost us a post season. Wait, it also cost Lovie his job.. hmmm... Oh man, I don't know.

Wrong... at least, I think.

The Seahawks were 11-5 last season. They beat us head to head. However, that would have been negated in a three with tie them and Minnesota. It would have came down to conference record, in which all three of us would also have been tied at 7-5. Then, common opponents. I think Seattle had the edge over us, but I don't know about Minnesota. I'm too lazy to look into that.

However, I think it's irrelevant, because by rule. That was the correct call on the "hail mary". No matter how strange it may have looked.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they miss by a game it will be because they would have had to lose to Green Bay in the last game of the year. I would make that game the one they should have won.

First, this thread was made prior to the Bears being in control of their own destiny.

Second, the Minnesota loss counts just as much as a Packers loss in the last week of the season. Sure, if they drop either of the last two games and miss, it's on them. However, the Bears have suffered some dreadfully painful losses this season. We're fans... not players. It's okay if we look back and go "what if?". If the Bears just don't hand Minnesota that win in the Metrodome, they're 9-5 right now, with the division all but wrapped up.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to throw my 2 cents in . NO , Wash, Minny , were all winnable games. Had we any kind of D. Unfortunately the D, didn't show up in those games, like most others. STL. just kicked our ass plain and simple in all 3 phases of the game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MN game for me. That was the day I realized Trestman was not good at thinking on his feet. His game plans are solid but when he gets off the plan he makes bad ingame deciesions.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defense my ass!!!!!

Just to throw my 2 cents in . NO , Wash, Minny , were all winnable games. Had we any kind of D. Unfortunately the D, didn't show up in those games, like most others. STL. just kicked our ass plain and simple in all 3 phases of the game.

If the offense could have converted a fucking 3rd down the defense would have been off the field and maybe wouldn't have been so tired. :wtf2:

:omg: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense could have converted a fucking 3rd down the defense would have been off the field and maybe wouldn't have been so tired. :wtf2:

:omg: :lol:

Just wondering what the fuck game you're talking about.
The Wash. game Josh gave us the Lead . The D couldn't hold it.
The Minny game Josh put us in position to win it twice. But the D & Robbie let us down.
NO. Game is all on the D and Mel Tucker.