• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Sabonis came to Portland when they drafted him how many rings would they have?

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde Drexler said 5 and I would have to agree +-1. Sabonis was the best player we never seen and was perhaps the best player in the world. I looked at what he did when he did come to the nba which was 10 years after they drafted him. Before he played a single game he had to get a physical and the doctor said he could qualify as legally handicapped. Even so, on a per minute basis he was as productive if not better than Akeem, Robinson, Oneal, Ewing in points , rebounding, assists, steals and blocks. His defensive rating which measures the amount of points the opponent scores while he was on the floor per 100 possessions was as good if not better than all the aforementioned players as was his offensive rating even though he was old and handicapped by that time. One time Sabonis got a chance to play America in a good will games or something and we got a chance to see him play against David Robinson and he owned him. In international competition I have heard that he averaged 30 points and 20 rebounds. He was the total package, he could shoot from 3's ,post like a HOF center, defend like a god, pass like a pg and do everything else as well. Its a shame the cold war was going on because if it wasn't Jordan might not have been the man like he was. Portland who was an elite team in the late 80's-early 90's would have been the best team by far.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is likely the most under appreciated players from the pre-internationalizations days. He not only had a great inside game and defense but was the original big man who could stretch the floor with a great jumper.

But to assume it would have translated into rings is another thing. That is all team effort and matchups. He would have been dominant, but how many rings did that get Wilt? You may as well ask how many rings would the Blazers have if Bill Walton's ankles weren't made of glass.