• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If LSU beats Bama...

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bama loses to LSU LSU their resume won't be good enough to get into the playoff without other leagues having 2 loss champs ..

Of course that won't matter because they're Bama so you're probably right

There's a chance the Pac-12, Big 12 & Big 10 could all have two-loss champions this year. A slim chance that all 3 of them do, but a good chance that at least one of them will.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a chance the Pac-12, Big 12 & Big 10 could all have two-loss champions this year. A slim chance that all 3 of them do, but a good chance that at least one of them will.

ESPN just put an article up that I haven't read that said a 2 loss A&M would be in the playoffs over and undefeated USF team.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN just put an article up that I haven't read that said a 2 loss A&M would be in the playoffs over and undefeated USF team.

I could see that. USF hasn't played anyone yet, and they have barely managed to stay undefeated. Just like NC State before they ran into Clemson last week.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama would get in with 1 loss

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama with 1 lose still deserves to be in the playoff. The goal is to get the best teams in the playoff. Alabama can lose 2 games and they are still one of the best 4 teams.
A weird question. The chance of it happening are slim to none but would FSU deserve to be in the playoff if they finished the season beating the crap out of Clemson, Notre Dame, and Florida? Giving Clemson and Nd their only losses and Florida went on to win the SEC championship. They have 3 losses but they would clearly be one of the 4 best teams in the country by the end of the yr. I still say no. You should be judged on the entire season.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 1 loss Bama isn't getting left out, whether you think they should make it or not.
I think this is Alabama's plan to the playoff every year. But, they still would have to get past The Citadel.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My original comment in my post, my very first post.

"With Bama's SoS, it would be hard for me as a Bama fan to justify them making a playoff if they cannot beat LSU. "

Your first comment in your first post

"Stop acting like you and the rest of the dumbass gumps wouldn’t be crying “eye test eye test.” You know you would so you being disingenuous does nothing for anyone except allow people to call you out for your BS."

My next request of you since clearly I stated "With Bama's SoS, it would be hard for me as a Bama fan to justify them making a playoff..."

"But I defy you to show me where I have been a cheerleader for our SoS this year."

Note, my first statement clearly makes this about SoS and Bama not deserving to go to the playoffs due to this reason if they lose to LSU, yet you went on your normal "Gumps" rant and didnt read my original post, and now want to try and turn my comments back on me.

I clearly asked you to show evidence to the contrary, which is to show where i am touting Bama's good schedule, if its possible. You have not done so, and now want to twist my words. My words are in plain sight above.

I then reiterate my statement with the following in another post.

"As I stated before, its my opinion, if they lose to LSU, their SoS will not be strong enough to get them in. If you care to find a post from this year where I am touting their SoS, do so..."

I am unclear how you, as such a fine model of reading comprehension, are unable to comprehend my own words, in multiple posts. Please see if you can elaborate how you failed to read and comprehend what I stated clearly from the very fucking beginning.

Clearly, the vagina from West Virginia has problems with comprehension.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how anyone would actively hope for OR encourage two teams from the same conference to be in the playoff.

I would want to play another P5 champ.

That's how it should be. Anything else is dildos.

Winning your conference should MEAN something other than getting a ring.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how anyone would actively hope for OR encourage two teams from the same conference to be in the playoff.

To be honest the bigger deal to me is a team finishing second in its division benefitting from being 2nd. I don’t think Bama would have beaten Georgia in the SEC champ game, mostly due to injuries. I know Bama fans love it, but it was wrong that Auburn was penalized for winning the West and Bama was rewarded finishing 2nd. There is no eloquent way to fix that, but it is shitty

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This can be a fun exercise.....CONSPIRACY TIME!!

Should Alabama just tank this game to avoid risking a game against a SEC East champ?

Would the SEC give them extra incentive to do so because it would result in two SEC teams in the playoff vs one?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You stated it was not about SoS, when clearly my first comments showed it was and always has been. You keep pounding something that you started. I stated my opinion of this, and clearly you are too ignorant to see I am stating why I wont. If you want to continue this conversation, knock yourself out, but my last words are i wont be pushing Bama for a spot in the playoffs if they lose to LSU due to a weak SoS. If you cant take that, then clearly you are the one with the issue, not me.

You have continued to state I said you touted bamas SoS. I have never stated that when clearly my first comments showed you’d cry eye test. You keep pounding something you started. This thread is not about SoS, that’s what I stated yet you are continuing to turn words around which is BS.

I doubt that will be your last words, but if it is I sure hope I don’t have to bring this thread back up if bama goes 11-1 and the playoffs are looking dicey. But alas you probably won’t have to worry about that because bama is going to roll everyone. Ohh, and their SoS isn’t that bad.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say because so much shit can and will happen before the season is over.

I just think we are looking worse than last year SoS wise because even though FSU finished 6-6 on the season people deep down understood they were a better team than that.

This year we do not have that. We have a bunch of wins against lower rated teams and no real quality wins, and not even the FSU type game to say well yeah but.

This team looks like it could be the best team in college football history. And yet it's also entirely possible that we are nothing more than a product of schedule. We've played 92nd toughest schedule in college football so far this year - that's damn near UCF level.

Of course, the passes being hit and shit are crazy good, so honestly - with all the shit talk LSU is doing I'm expecting a blow out, 52-9 style and I'll give LSU credit for keeping the score closer. And if Alabama loses, it's because our lines aren't up to par and/or our defense is just not good because I do not think LSU is a top5 team, and they are not the LSU from 7 years ago.

Although as I wrote this I noticed my SoS rankings place finally fucking updated. Alabama is #41 on it, that's not too bad actually.

Yeah, I think you roll in Baton Rouge. An the rest of the season.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A weird question. The chance of it happening are slim to none but would FSU deserve to be in the playoff if they finished the season beating the crap out of Clemson, Notre Dame, and Florida? Giving Clemson and Nd their only losses and Florida went on to win the SEC championship. They have 3 losses but they would clearly be one of the 4 best teams in the country by the end of the yr. I still say no. You should be judged on the entire season.

No

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why should winning your conference mean something on the national stage?

I've never gave a shit who won the Big12 or any other conference really, why should I start now?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've never gave a shit who won the Big12 or any other conference really, why should I start now?
Especially if said conference is super shitty. Not sure the PAC champ would be top 3 in either division of the SEC at this point.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Under the current system it should matter. We really don’t know how strong conferences really are. There isn’t enough out of conference head to head matchups between power 5 teams to know. If resumes are similar a conf champ should be ahead of a team that didn’t win theirs. Are teams beating each other up or are the top teams in the conference beating up cupcakes. That was my biggest problem with the 2011 season. No doubt LSU was the best team in the country in the regular season. They went out and scheduled some tough out of conference gms. Bama and Arkansas spent the year beating the shit out of the rest of the sec. All 3 teams spent most of the season in the top 5. I think it’s impossible to assume 3 teams from the same conference belong in the top 5 unless they are beating top teams in other conferences in the non conference schedule.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under the current system it should matter. We really don’t know how strong conferences really are. There isn’t enough out of conference head to head matchups between power 5 teams to know. If resumes are similar a conf champ should be ahead of a team that didn’t win theirs. Are teams beating each other up or are the top teams in the conference beating up cupcakes. That was my biggest problem with the 2011 season. No doubt LSU was the best team in the country in the regular season. They went out and scheduled some tough out of conference gms. Bama and Arkansas spent the year beating the shit out of the rest of the sec. All 3 teams spent most of the season in the top 5. I think it’s impossible to assume 3 teams from the same conference belong in the top 5 unless they are beating top teams in other conferences in the non conference schedule.

So you are unable to tell how good a team is even during a loss?

If a team schedules #1 - #12 for the season, loses every game by 3 points. Another team schedules the bottom 12, wins all those games by 3 points and goes undefeated.

Which team is better?

I'll say the 0-12 team deserves to go before the 12-0 team does.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest the bigger deal to me is a team finishing second in its division benefitting from being 2nd. I don’t think Bama would have beaten Georgia in the SEC champ game, mostly due to injuries. I know Bama fans love it, but it was wrong that Auburn was penalized for winning the West and Bama was rewarded finishing 2nd. There is no eloquent way to fix that, but it is shitty
Injuries is why Bama lost to Auburn and I agree that Bama doesn't beat Georgia in the SEC Championship Game due to the injuries.