• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Iowa loses to Nebraska but then beats MSU...

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he ran like a six year old in Bangkok when the gif talk came up.

Probably a wise move.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he ran like a six year old in Bangkok when the gif talk came up.

Probably a wise move.
He's going to have work a lot harder than that. I don't have time to waste on low level trolls. Otherwise i feel like I'm slumming it. Ive got much bigger gifs to make its rivalry week, Working on a michigan gif and several others :dhd: i don't think I've seem trolling that weak since espn :doh: i only threw that together fast so y'all could laugh :dhd:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying that the Big 10 wouldn't get a team in if it happens?

Why shouldn't a 1-loss OSU or a 1-loss Iowa not get in, theoretically speaking?

Because they're not one of the four best teams.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. will OSU or Iowa get a playoff spot?

both out probably. Only way tOSU gets in is if they blow out Michigan and a number of teams ahead of them lose.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way a 1-loss B1G team gets in is if its MSU or tOSU. MSU will need some help but they are fairly likely to get in if they win out. tOSU will need a ton of help and its highly unlikely they get in. Iowa will not get in with a loss. Really that simple.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what the other teams do. Ohio St can move up but it depends on other teams this year, it is not in their hands. The way Ohio St is playing on offense it is unlikely they win next week anyway.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a couple factors here. First, I don't think Ohio State has a shot anymore. They lost on the road to a team without one of the country's best quarterbacks. There is also such thing as the time to lose. If you lose and are able to make up enough ground for it, like Alabama, then you would be solid. However, if Iowa loses in crunch time, the second to last game of the season I don't think much would save them. Especially since, like others have said, people are just looking for a reason to boot them from contention even though they are undefeated. We need to see where every team now stands in the College Playoff Ranking, because Oklahoma State and Ohio State lost to top 10 teams. We need to see where Oklahoma and Michigan State wind up.
If Sparty loses to PSU and tOSU wins out, tOSU will definitely be in the mix for a cfp spot. I'd say, they'd have an excellent chance to make it in, imo

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.. will OSU or Iowa get a playoff spot?
No possible way tOSU gets in over one loss champ Iowa. It's Iowa or nobody from b10

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nebraska beats Iowa it's possible that they singlehandedly knocked MSU out of the playoffs.

If Iowa and Sparty both win this weekend, I think the winner of the championship game is a lock to make the playoffs. State would have beaten 3 top 15 ish teams including probably 2 still in the top 10, plus scheduled and beat top 25 Oregon out of conference. And two of those were road wins including one without their QB. They should be a lock. And if Iowa won, they would be undefeated pm conference champ with a big signature win.

But if Iowa loses to Nebraska and then MSU sneaks by them in the championship game (like they've snuck by everyone this season) it loses a lot of its luster. In that case I could see Sparty being the #5 seed. If chalk wins out.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that happens, and no other upsets happen, the final 4 will be:

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Notre Dame
4. Oklahoma

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Iowa wins out they get in only way with the candyass schedule they played.

If MSU wins out they are not guaranteed a spot.

OSU loss is to late in the season.

Clemson, minus a loss in the CCG.
Iowa winning out but thats realistically a long shot so can't really include them but miracles do happen.
Alabama if they win out.
Notre Dame because everyone in college football kisses their ass and they played a decent schedule.
Oklahoma or Baylor winning out would have an argument.
MSU winning out beats OSU and UofM on the road, they would be tough to overlook.

6 teams for 4 spots as of today.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No possible way tOSU gets in over one loss champ Iowa. It's Iowa or nobody from b10

MSU will get in with 1 loss too...probably bumping ND or OU.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way a 1-loss B1G team gets in is if its MSU or tOSU. MSU will need some help but they are fairly likely to get in if they win out. tOSU will need a ton of help and its highly unlikely they get in. Iowa will not get in with a loss. Really that simple.
I agree, but that one loss team also needs to be in the conference title. Ohio State not get in watching championship Saturday from the couch. Michigan State obviously with another loss would be at 2 and it would be irrelevant but the same would apply to them.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but that one loss team also needs to be in the conference title. Ohio State not get in watching championship Saturday from the couch. Michigan State obviously with another loss would be at 2 and it would be irrelevant but the same would apply to them.

tOSU's best shot is if Penn State upsets MSU and they beat Michigan then Iowa. If MSU wins, then the winner of the MSU-Iowa CCG will almost certainly get in (assuming Iowa is unbeaten at the time) and that will be the only B1G rep.

Only way for tOSU to get in w/o the CCG is if something really wacky happens and everyone ahead of them loses. It happened before when Ohio State defaulted into the BCS title game vs LSU a while back, but its the most unlikely of scenarios.