• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Allen wasnt there at #17, who would have been the pick?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thank you on Reuben Foster after reading this

Yahoo! Sports' Charles Robinson reports 49ers first-round ILB Reuben Foster was "medically rejected" by some teams due to concerns with his shoulder.

It falls in line with what The Ringer's Mike Lombardi and USA Today's Tom Pelissero have reported in the days since the draft. ESPN's Adam Schefter added to it Wednesday, saying some believe Foster's surgically-repaired shoulder may give out at any moment, while others don't even believe the first surgery fixed the issue. Foster reportedly has problems with his labrum and rotator cuff, possibly in both shoulders. The 49ers felt comfortable enough to trade up for him.

Source: Charles Robinson on Twitter
May 3 - 2:13 PM

Rueben Foster pro bowler confirmed

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be missing something. Please explain your logic on this one. The 49ers didn't take Foster at #3 so why would they have taken him at #2? What do the Bears have to do with any of this?

Foster's injuries are obviously a big concern for many teams. Otherwise - some team would have moved up to grab him at least in the middle of the 1st round.

I was thinking the same thing. At 3 they obviously had their choice of anyone they wanted and they didn't take Foster.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF said they expected Chicago to take Thomas and they would go for Foster. So when Tribisky went 2, Thomas was still there at 3.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Allen was gone when it was the Skins turn I would have taken Hassan Watson Mixon for my friends on this forum :thumb:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop, it was one time. It's not like he beat multiple woman

Sadly in todays NFL, all it takes is one.

Or let me rephrase that.. sadly all it takes is one incident. Im actually fine with him being off the board because as some one else mentioned... .we get enough grief for the name. If we really start putting talent over character and fighting against the angry women of America, thats a fight this team in particular would lose. Insensitive by association. Now maybe Mixon never screws up again. But we really couldnt touch him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you knew about fosters shoulder then I would have gone watt because I beleice reddick was gone

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop, it was one time. It's not like he beat multiple woman
Hmmm. So if you kill a person, are you a murderer or do you get a pass just because it was only one person? Its not like you killed multiple people, after all.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've all done things we're not proud of but what concerned me about the video is how he just bolted the scene and had no regard for the woman that he just punched, and punched with everything he had, btw. Still, even as bad as it was he paid his debt whether forced or not and deserved one more chance in a league that is full of thugs. Black and white. Had we got him I believe most who are condemning him now would be excited at what he brings to the field and concur with me that second chances are deserved. However, I digress back to the thread topic and say I would have gone Foster and probably live to regret it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say second chances are deserved. They can be given and that is up to the individual. In the US society, we have things we hold as more wrong than other societies. We like to think we are right; however, we aren't. It is just an opinion.

That being said, I would have been fine with Mixon and am fine with Cincy for taking him. That being said, I hope he fails.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF said they expected Chicago to take Thomas and they would go for Foster. So when Tribisky went 2, Thomas was still there at 3.

OK - so it wasn't the trade but rather who CHI would have taken w/ that pick & in your scenario Foster be the # 3 overall pick. Also - do you honestly believe that statement (knowing that all teams lie around draft time)? Why would a team bet a ton for a player w/ injury concerns? The fact that he slipped to the end of the 1st rd indicates that many teams had similar concerns (most likely to include the Bears).

While I can see trading a ton for a QB (while perhaps ill advised) I don't see the same for defensive players unless you are talking about the next LT or Reggie White.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - so it wasn't the trade but rather who CHI would have taken w/ that pick & in your scenario Foster be the # 3 overall pick. Also - do you honestly believe that statement (knowing that all teams lie around draft time)? Why would a team bet a ton for a player w/ injury concerns? The fact that he slipped to the end of the 1st rd indicates that many teams had similar concerns (most likely to include the Bears).

While I can see trading a ton for a QB (while perhaps ill advised) I don't see the same for defensive players unless you are talking about the next LT or Reggie White.

What I believe and what is stated are two separate things. SF stated they would have taken Foster at 3 if Thomas was gone. I don't find that unbelievable.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't say second chances are deserved. They can be given and that is up to the individual. In the US society, we have things we hold as more wrong than other societies. We like to think we are right; however, we aren't. It is just an opinion.

That being said, I would have been fine with Mixon and am fine with Cincy for taking him. That being said, I hope he fails.
I'd offer Cincy a 2018 3rd plus Thompson for him right now.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. So if you kill a person, are you a murderer or do you get a pass just because it was only one person? Its not like you killed multiple people, after all.

2 totally different things