• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Idea on how to deal with Crowd noise

BURN49ers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't the coaches require all players to practice with their Dre Beats on? Listening to a loop of Seattle's crowd noise on med-high volume. This would help the offense establish better non-verbal communication and be better prepared for one of/the loudest stadiums in the league. I know it wouldn't fully prepare them for the noise on Sunday, but i don't think it would hurt them. What better way could they prepare for the noise? It's going to be a war zone on Sunday! Hopefully the 49ers can get an early lead and keep the crowd in check. The game could go either way but you all know who I'm pulling for.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I wrong or didn't there used to be a rule where the home team got penalized if the crowd was too disruptive?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I wrong or didn't there used to be a rule where the home team got penalized if the crowd was too disruptive?

That's a bullshit rule, but it doesn't exist any more I don't believe.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bullshit rule, but it doesn't exist any more I don't believe.

You must be right otherwise teams like the Hawks would have been penalized.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Heres what I remember as a kid. I thought it was BS at the time but never do remember hearing a rule change about this or every seeing something like this again.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres what I remember as a kid. I thought it was BS at the time but never do remember hearing a rule change about this or every seeing something like this again.

I thought I remembered something like that.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please explain to me why we can't just use hand signals to audible the play at the line of scrimmage? Isn't that one of the major issues other than not being able to hear when the ball is snapped?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone please explain to me why we can't just use hand signals to audible the play at the line of scrimmage? Isn't that one of the major issues other than not being able to hear when the ball is snapped?

Call plays like the eagles do.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is ridiculous. Was this before they had radios in the helmets? Plus, after that first stoppage it seems like they should have the play in and if they had to change the play there should be some nonverbal communication.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come out in the hurry up with scripted plays to loosen up the Hawks defense early and maybe score some points to take the crowd out of it? Errr wait the Niners version of hurry up means they snap the ball before having to call a timeout....

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Rules Digest: Timing

When, in the judgment of the Referee, the level of crowd noise prevents the offense from hearing its signals, he can institute a series of procedures which can result in a loss of team time outs or a five-yard penalty against the defensive team.

Harbaugh should make it point to let the league officials and refs know about this rule and ask it be enforced.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come out in the hurry up with scripted plays to loosen up the Hawks defense early and maybe score some points to take the crowd out of it? Errr wait the Niners version of hurry up means they snap the ball before having to call a timeout....

Scripted plays only work if the defense plays the defense you expect.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite what it says on the NFL's own website it seems they eliminated the 5 yard penalty part of the excessive crowd noise rule back in 2007. I can't figure out if the timeout part is still there or not though, but the rule has not been enforced in years. The NFL has also recently been making small changes to promote more crowd noise as they feel it makes for a more fun fan experience. Away teams and game integrity be damned I guess. =\

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny you brought this up as I was thinking about this a couple of days ago. I remember when this rule was adopted and teams getting flagged for it. Dont think it went over to well

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Gotta say, not that it's done the Niners any favors, but I'm glad they got rid of that. That's embarrassing.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the NFL took out the 'crowd noise' rule in '97 or so

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Problem with hand signals is that it is visual, meaning anybody can see it... Good coaching staff will be able to decode what you are doing and adjust... Also, it takes time and pratice to master all the hand signals...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best way to deal with the crowd noise is to score on these fuckers early and often. I guarantee that will work.